Post here if you need assistance filling out the grant form! - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-07-2011, 18:14   #46
RoyalMarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrodsson View Post
Hi Everyone - hoping someone could shed light on this for me.

I lived with parents in Meath up until end of September 2010.

Since October 2010 i have lived in Cork.

This September I'll be starting the Law Society PPC1 course in Dublin (an approved course), and I'll be relocating to Dublin from September through to April and then returning to Cork.

What local authority should i apply to?

I'm finding it difficult to find a clear answer to this one.

Many thanks in advance.

apply to your home county council.

so that would be meath.

Last edited by RoyalMarine; 01-07-2011 at 18:16.
Advertisement
01-07-2011, 18:15   #47
RoyalMarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmaw View Post
hi all,

Just in relation to employment for 2010. Guidance not for section F1 asks for ; P60 for each employment held at the end of 2010.
Would I be correct in that this is for the job you are in at 31st of that year and not for previous employments that you would have ceased in that year?
I had ceased employment for one job in July that year and started my current position in Aug.

Confused myself just reading that back .

Basically will I just need my P21 statement and the P60 for the job I was in at end of year 2010

Thanks in advance
yes, your p21 statement and the p60 from your employer at the end of 2010 is sufficent.
Thanks from:
01-07-2011, 18:25   #48
missmaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMarine View Post
yes, your p21 statement and the p60 from your employer at the end of 2010 is sufficent.
Excellent, thank you.

I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of more questions before this blooming application is sent away.

Thanks again
Thanks from:
02-07-2011, 17:18   #49
nimrodsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMarine View Post
apply to your home county council.

so that would be meath.
Thanks for your reply.

Really, not Cork? Considering i'll have lived here a year by the time my course starts, and will be returning afterward...
02-07-2011, 19:30   #50
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrodsson View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Really, not Cork? Considering i'll have lived here a year by the time my course starts, and will be returning afterward...
If you lived in cork in October 2010 then I would say cork
Advertisement
03-07-2011, 02:45   #51
Quibbler

I'm away at the moment and so don't have time to go through all of the forms and guidelines, but can anyone tell me if any of the rules have changed this year, or is it the same as last year?
If you could qualify last year then will you qualify this year? I was just a bit worried they might change the rules like they did with the 3 year rule last year!
03-07-2011, 20:02   #52
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quibbler View Post
I'm away at the moment and so don't have time to go through all of the forms and guidelines, but can anyone tell me if any of the rules have changed this year, or is it the same as last year?
If you could qualify last year then will you qualify this year? I was just a bit worried they might change the rules like they did with the 3 year rule last year!
I'm not sure if anything has significantly changed. The only thing I think is changing the adjacent distance from 24km to 45km
03-07-2011, 20:34   #53
IfUSeekAmy
Closed Account

Hey, just enquiring about brackets.

what would be the income Id need to have to secure a full grant, living in kerry (applying for Dublin) for 3dependant children other than myself. Thx.
04-07-2011, 14:17   #54
Helpyouspeak

I have a query about documentary evdence for personal income for 2010. I lived abroad for 6 months of 2010, in Spain, so was wondering if anyone had any idea what the equivalent of the Irish P60 is for Spain?

Also in reference to which Local Authority you should apply to, they have seemngly changed something this year as I found out this morning. I previously got my grant for my degree from Mayo County council as I had been living there a few months, subsequently moved abroad for 2 years and returned to live in Galway -in August 2010-so I assumed it would be Galway county council I'd send my application to this year but when reading the guidance notes to the grant I discvered a note saying If you were previously in receipt of a student grant you should re-apply to the grant awarding authority who previously processed your student grant application.
So I called Mayo County council and they confirmed I should send my application to them despite not having lived there since 2003.

Just thought I'd share that as it may affect some people on here.
Advertisement
04-07-2011, 17:08   #55
begsy

Hi i'm confused about the whole grant application. To qualify for the grant do you have to live exactly 45 kilometeres from the college? Does any one know how many kilometers Lispole is from tralee? Or where can I find it out? Please help.
04-07-2011, 19:28   #56
Jonesy3110

Send a message via Yahoo to Jonesy3110
Does anyone know how to change details on your online application? I made a mistake

Can I just apply again by post or will that mess things up?
04-07-2011, 19:40   #57
RoyalMarine

have you submitted your application?

if not, then you can easily edit it there.

I wouldnt submit another one by post, as that would create 2 applications for you. best to ring your local vec and find out if they can edit it for you if needed.
04-07-2011, 19:53   #58
Jonesy3110

Send a message via Yahoo to Jonesy3110
Cool thanks

I submitted it already, I only realised afterwards that I had messed up one part.

Last edited by Jonesy3110; 04-07-2011 at 20:01.
04-07-2011, 19:55   #59
Swizzlstick

Questions about the supporting documents, I just finished the online grant.

A) I never received my P60 off my employer for the year 2010 (no longer work for the company) which entails me going in to the company about 10 times to remind them to send my P60 out, which is what happened with my P45, so I wonder, I have all my payslips from my commencement of work to the 31st Dec 2010. Shall that suffice?

B) One of my legal guardians who received Jobseekers Benefit in 2010 has all the receipts she has receive (3 in total) so rather than contacting the Department (of whatever it's called) and awaiting a letter from them, am I capable of sending in the receipts as documentary evidence? My legal guardian also has a letter from The Jobseekers Benefit which details when the payments commenced, but not when they ended. Shall this suffice?

I just want to get my application in hassle free s quick as I can.
04-07-2011, 20:03   #60
Sparkie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsy View Post
Hi i'm confused about the whole grant application. To qualify for the grant do you have to live exactly 45 kilometeres from the college? Does any one know how many kilometers Lispole is from tralee? Or where can I find it out? Please help.
i used this to find the distance
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-ad...calculator.htm

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion