Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assignment no.62 - Colour Splash

• 28-06-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, here is the next assignment. I was going to go with Light Painting, but there's so little darkness these days, I figured it would be a better winter assignment.
    I've decided to go with Colour Splash as the theme. Basically, an image with one area of bright colour or contrast that really draws in the eye.
    I know that these assignments usually state that there be minimal post-processing. Therefore I don't think that the colour splash should be achieved in photoshop, but should be achieved 'in camera'. ie no greyscale images with one colour area remaining.

The rules:
    -Photos must be posted within 2 weeks of the day the task was set– so the closing time/date is midnight on Monday the 11th going on 12th of July 2011.
    -No old photos. Only photos taken with this task in mind qualify.
    -Therefore, the photo must be taken after 12.00pm on the 28th June 2011.
    -Photos must be on the given task.
    -ONE photo per post. But submit as many posts as you like.
    -Stretch yourself – there is no limitation to what you can do to produce the image.
    -The next task/subject is to be chosen by the person who has the most thanks after their post at the closing date/time (the post must include a photo).

A few examples of my own here:

flower2.jpg

ladybird.jpg

flowers.jpg

web.jpg

light.jpg

Comments

Advertisement