Superthread Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013 - Page 114 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

12-11-2011, 17:54   #1696
tommyhaas
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxi_Bear_Eire View Post
Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
"**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word
Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated
Advertisement
12-11-2011, 17:55   #1697
Coillte_Bhoy

Quote:
Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
"**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin
12-11-2011, 17:57   #1698
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhaas View Post
Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated
Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted
12-11-2011, 18:00   #1699
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coillte_Bhoy View Post
Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin
Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour
12-11-2011, 18:03   #1700
tommyhaas
Closed Account

Quote:
Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted
This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian
Advertisement
12-11-2011, 18:04   #1701
Coillte_Bhoy

Quote:
Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour
You're apologising to me?? No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it
12-11-2011, 18:05   #1702
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhaas View Post
This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian
Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted
(2) thanks from:
12-11-2011, 18:08   #1703
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coillte_Bhoy View Post
You're apologising to me?? No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it
Yes I can admit when I am wrong and I said these things in temper I presume you didn't realise we had some lowlifes in our support because you have had no reason to encounter them

And you will find I am always man enough to apologise if its warranted
Thanks from:
12-11-2011, 18:11   #1704
tommyhaas
Closed Account

Quote:
Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted
Yea point taken
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-11-2011, 09:46   #1705
KeithAFC
Banned

It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.
13-11-2011, 09:58   #1706
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAFC View Post
It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.
Oh I think they will have plenty to talk about now
13-11-2011, 10:30   #1707
PauloMN

Quote:
Yep we do, as do you:
http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-...ague_1_1963278
13-11-2011, 10:32   #1708
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloMN View Post
Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

Last edited by Broxi_Bear_Eire; 13-11-2011 at 10:38.
13-11-2011, 10:48   #1709
PauloMN

Quote:
Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers
Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:
Quote:
13-11-2011, 11:17   #1710
Broxi_Bear_Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloMN View Post
Quote:

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:
Quote:
Hardly taking the moral high ground I pointed out you would have plenty to talk about
No I am not suggesting that at all as I have said we deserve all we get of morons sing songs
But there seems to be some sort of shock among many tic fans that you are being liked at and that is what I find funny for years a significant amount have sung songs glorifying a proscribed terrorist organisation and got away with it I don't think they will anymore
As I have repeatedly said I remember when songs were sung and people just got on with it.
Thread Closed