Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

26-03-2012, 15:16   #5416
Ladjacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle1880 View Post
RFC statement: "Neil Lennon was offered a seat in the Director’s Box ... this offer was declined by Celtic’s security staff ”

So far for 'That sums this country up' eh Neil ?
Perspective here please!! Rather than both RFC and CFC fans trying to point score on this, I think that the offer was declined by CFC security as they felt his safety could not be guaranteed. I think that RFC would have done their utmost to protect him.

LEt's face it Jelle1880, Lennon has been very humble in a lot of his interviews toward RFC recently, as recent as yesterday when pre-game he was asked about winning the title and he refused to comment. When he felt that his press conferences were being bogged down about RFC's woes, he stopped them.

Some RFC fans want to see the worst in him, but they should open their eyes.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 15:28   #5417
Jelle1880

Why would his safety not be guaranteed in the director's box ?

All I'm saying is that Lennon himself said he wasn't allowed in the director's box, then came out with 'That sums up this country'.

While both Celtic and Rangers said that he was offered a spot there.

I'm not talking about his behaviour, I'm sure he would have been perfectly fine and safe, but I don't see why he felt the need to make that comment.
26-03-2012, 15:34   #5418
Ladjacket

there is a difference between lennon taking in a game between RFC and say Inverness at Ibrox as opposed to being sent off at half time and watching second half from the box. Surely you can see that?

It sums up the country in that people felt his safety could not be guaranteed. Someone, somewhere said to him yesterday that 'we feel your safety cannot be guaranteed'.
26-03-2012, 15:50   #5419
PauloMN

Quote:

All I'm saying is that Lennon himself said he wasn't allowed in the director's box, then came out with 'That sums up this country'.

I'm not talking about his behaviour, I'm sure he would have been perfectly fine and safe, but I don't see why he felt the need to make that comment.
Is that a coat behind Lenny, or have the PLO managed to get into the Rangers director's box also?
Thanks from:
26-03-2012, 15:54   #5420
Jelle1880

Hey, Arafat did have millions stashed away
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 16:00   #5421
PauloMN

Quote:
Hey, Arafat did have millions stashed away
Maybe he'll make a bid for yiz lol!
26-03-2012, 16:01   #5422
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladjacket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
One of the disappointments of the day was Lenny how he reacted to defeat. I am on record here praising Lenny's behaviour this season, I really felt he learned his lessons from last season but clearly this is not the case. The last two defeats have proven he has a hell of a lot to learn. You just look at his opposite number McCoist and how he conducts himself. I thought his gesture to stand hidden in the tunnel to shake the hands of every Celtic player was a class act. You just can't imagine Lenny doing the same, he'd be too busy giving it laldy on the pitch!!I think Lenny had to show more leadership when the chips are down. Great leaders emerge in times of adversity.
To be honest I didnt see McCoist do this, but if he did, then fair play to him. Keep in mind however that McCoist has been taught how to handle the pressures of managing a big club from Walter Smith over the last few years. One only needs to watch Smith try to restrain McCoist at the so called 'Shame-Game' last season. Lennon got the Celtic job after a shambles led by Mowbray. He worked under Strachan fair enough, but Strachan could be a tetchy little so and so as well.

I think Neil lets himself down on occasion but the change in him this year compared to last is remarkable, he is literally learning on the job each day. And we all need to realise, the man was speaking minutes after what he perceived as a travesty against his players and himself. He was pi$$ed with the ref, add in the fact that he had been told his safety could not be guaranteed in the directors box etc. I am sure that upon reflection, his comments may be different.

Finally, after the inept displays in WGS's final year and finding myself being almost ashamed to support Celtic in the Mowbray days (however short thankfully), I have a lot to thank Neil Lennon for. And when the manager of the team I support is getting threatened to an inch of his life, he needs our support as much as the team do. He is not infallible or free from criticism, but Celtic fans...we are going to win the league. For the first time in 3 years, the league title is ours again. And that is all that matters.
A number of very fair and reasoned points raised... He just has to learn to deal with defeat in a more reasoned manner. At the very very best, the Cha decision was a 50 50 call. Listening to Lenny, youd think it was the worst decision since time began!! He will lose creditability as a manager commenting on decisions such as this when players are routinely sent off for such offenses in the modern game!
26-03-2012, 18:32   #5423
bobmalooka

Quote:

Your utter hatred stands in the way of logic yet again.

Security professionals advised Lennon his safety was not guaranteed in the stands and wouldn't let him go there this led him to say 'That sums up this country'. He said it because security professionals felt it was unsafe, it wasn't pulled out of his arse.

He never said he felt his safety was at risk.

This hysteria about Lennon and twisting of everything he says is what has his life at risk.

Think before you participate in that nonsense, do you really want to be one of those people?
26-03-2012, 19:01   #5424
Joyce Country

Lennon is dead right. Are any of the rangers fans on here seriously trying to tell that if it was someone other than a irish catholic there would been have been a problem with him going up into the box? Strachan would have got up there without fears for his security i'm sure. Keep denying the bigotry that's alive at your club. Hopefully after liquidation the newco Rangers FC in whatever form it takes will be more tolerant.
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 19:02   #5425
lubo_moravcik

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloMN View Post
Of course not - no denying that whatsoever. Are you reading my posts though? What bits are you having trouble understanding? You are stating very obvious facts there. The point is the result in a league game has made no material difference to the destination of the SPL title.

Therefore, in my mind at least, I don't see it as that big a deal. I'd be a lot more pissed off this morning if that result had meant another title slipping away. When we went down to 9, I just thought "meh" to be honest.

Sorry I'm not more pissed off though!
No problem, for every Celtic fan that isn't too bothered there's 10 who are absolutely distraught
Were you at the game, or meet many Celtic fans on your day to day activities? When you lot scored the 2nd and then 3rd goals, the Broomloan was jumping, dancing, singing, waving flags and balloons. The noise we made actually shut you lot up and dulled your own celebrations.

We were brutal, Aluko done to us what Kenny Miller done two year ago and Naismith done last year. Would have loved to win it yesterday, it never happened so hats off to the rangers players who have been hiding the last few weeks to turn it on against us. Distraught?? You wish.

WE'RE ONLY HERE FOR THE PARTY.
26-03-2012, 19:10   #5426
Jelle1880

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubo_moravcik View Post
Were you at the game, or meet many Celtic fans on your day to day activities? When you lot scored the 2nd and then 3rd goals, the Broomloan was jumping, dancing, singing, waving flags and balloons. The noise we made actually shut you lot up and dulled your own celebrations.

We were brutal, Aluko done to us what Kenny Miller done two year ago and Naismith done last year. Would have loved to win it yesterday, it never happened so hats off to the rangers players who have been hiding the last few weeks to turn it on against us. Distraught?? You wish.

Me thinks you had a few too much before the game.

Outsang from start to finish, every time you started a song it was countered right away.

26-03-2012, 19:13   #5427
Jelle1880

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmalooka View Post
Your utter hatred stands in the way of logic yet again.

Security professionals advised Lennon his safety was not guaranteed in the stands and wouldn't let him go there this led him to say 'That sums up this country'. He said it because security professionals felt it was unsafe, it wasn't pulled out of his arse.

He never said he felt his safety was at risk.

This hysteria about Lennon and twisting of everything he says is what has his life at risk.

Think before you participate in that nonsense, do you really want to be one of those people?
Celtic security professionals, you mean.

Has nothing to do with hatred, he was perfectly able to go to the director's box, risk-free.

It's Celtic people that, for some weird reason, decided against it.

To then come out with, and I quote:

Quote:
Lennon said: “I would’ve sat in the stand but I was told by Rangers’ security people that wasn’t a good idea.
“That sums up this country.”
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23801741/
26-03-2012, 19:14   #5428
A Dub in Glasgo

Quote:
Outsang from start to finish, every time you started a song it was countered right away.
I would expect so considering the Celtic fans were outnumbered 6 to 1. I heard plenty of Celtic singing during the game
26-03-2012, 19:17   #5429
lubo_moravcik

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubo_moravcik View Post

Me thinks you had a few too much before the game.

Nonsense. The first hour I can give you that, from then on though when we knew it was game over, it was party time. Again, were you there yesterday? Do you meet many Celtic fans in your day to day activities?
26-03-2012, 19:44   #5430
Brewster

I see Lenny will be hauled before the SFA following yesterday's events at Ibrox. I truly hope this is the last time this happens and that he learns his lesson this time. I think he could be a great Celtic manager and this sort of thing sullies his character unfortunately. Lawwell needs to take him aside and explain that his behaviour at times is unacceptable. I don't know what the answer is? An anger management course?
Thread Closed