Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-09-2011, 21:53   #16
tupoftea

Just my 2 cents. I have two kids under two and have taken out a loan so I can use the additional unpaid maternity leave to stay the extra time at home with my newest little one.

I had a terrible time ttc and carrying babies and I think finance and worries can add to things no end but once you have your kids they are worth every single penny and more you ever spent and the financial worries for me are there still but the kids are not a major impact on this.

Things work out....dont know how but they do! Going back to work in a few months and will clear my debts I hope by mid-next year fingers crossed and belt tightened.

I wish you all lots of happy times ttc and dont worry it all works itself out in the end and you will have amazing little people to share your life with
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-09-2011, 11:14   #17
irishgal2012

Thanks guys, its good to hear stories of other people who werent totally financially secure but got through it ok!!

I have no doubt sacrifices will have to be made and have no problem with that-I'd give up anything to have a little bundle of joy! Up until now we havent been 'trying' as such-just not preventing it either..this month will be our first month to actually 'try' for a baby so im excited and nervous at the same time! I'd be so happy if we were pregnant by christmas! But only time will tell I guess! Good luck when you start trying, hope you wont have long to wait!
Thanks from:
02-10-2011, 01:18   #18
longinforababy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibikki View Post
Don't take ur fertility for granted.
That's for sure, you only have to look at all the threads and posts about not being able to conceive naturally and you realise life is for living and not putting off.
Even my dad said same thing about never a good time (money wise) so just go for it.
We thought 8 years ago when we could "afford it" started ttc...
8 years on we are both on sw and still no babies, have not stopped trying though!

Good luck for ttc in the new year! Hope it all goes well for you!

Hope your lo is enjoying the prep for the wedding too! as well as h2b!
02-10-2011, 15:33   #19
nikkibikki

Oh they didn't do a whole pile! Was mostly me that did everything! Married nearly 2months now, have been to 3 other weddings and sadly also the funeral of my 29yr old cousin in that time, so a right mixture of emotions there, life shouldn't be taken for granted either. Wishing you all the best with ttc, I know of a couple that were trying for that long and they had triplets last year so there is hope!
07-10-2011, 00:34   #20
longinforababy
Closed Account

wow triplets!
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Life is such a biatch guess you have to keep on going, onwards and upwards eh... good luck again!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2011, 20:45   #21
allgirlz

We are in a similar position, just married already have a 5 year old daughter and my husband was worried about trying as I am working on a contract which is unstable and he is also contract working but far more stable and extremely well paid. So after lots of discussion and anguish on my part we have decided to throw caution to the wind and start trying, am so excited, I just hope now that it does not take long!!
Thanks from:
16-10-2011, 20:49   #22
caprilicious

The very best of luck Allgirlz. I think you do right, and please God by the time you have baba you will both have a more stable work situation
Thanks from:
17-10-2011, 01:36   #23
longinforababy
Closed Account

good luck allgirlz,
Thanks from:
01-11-2011, 08:10   #24
nikkibikki

He's come round!!! Stopping the pill as and from today!!!! Let the rollercoaster begin!!!!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-11-2011, 02:30   #25
longinforababy
Closed Account

good luck nikki!
Thanks from:
07-11-2011, 02:51   #26
psychward
Closed Account

Quote:
Last night then we are talking and he says that he wants to wait a little while til we are more financially stable til we TTC. Every penny the last while has been going on the wedding and the credit card balance is fairly high too, plus we will still need to borrow a few grand for the wedding. Financially, ATM we haven't any spare cash to do anything nice, as in go out for a few drinks every so often.
Not really looking for advice, just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.
Know ur not looking for advice and can see all is going well for you now. Good luck

But would it not have made sense to have a cheaper wedding in order to work towards your goal at the time ?
07-11-2011, 09:34   #27
nikkibikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychward View Post
Quote:
Last night then we are talking and he says that he wants to wait a little while til we are more financially stable til we TTC. Every penny the last while has been going on the wedding and the credit card balance is fairly high too, plus we will still need to borrow a few grand for the wedding. Financially, ATM we haven't any spare cash to do anything nice, as in go out for a few drinks every so often.
Not really looking for advice, just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.
Know ur not looking for advice and can see all is going well for you now. Good luck

But would it not have made sense to have a cheaper wedding in order to work towards your goal at the time ?
it was as cheap as chips, believe me!!
07-11-2011, 09:55   #28
psychward
Closed Account

Quote:
well I guess everyones definition of cheap as chips could be different if you had to borrow a few grand to make it happen. I haven't got married yet. I hope I don't end up in debt when I do
07-11-2011, 13:27   #29
nikkibikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychward View Post
Quote:
well I guess everyones definition of cheap as chips could be different if you had to borrow a few grand to make it happen. I haven't got married yet. I hope I don't end up in debt when I do
We're not in debt for the wedding anymore, I'm talking 2 or 3 grand of a loan that was paid within 3 months. We paid for stuff as we were going along and saved hard, cutting corners and making compromises everywhere. We were very lucky with gifts that we received. Not going to comment anymore on what our wedding cost.
08-11-2011, 10:21   #30
irishgal2012

psychward I dont think its any of your business how much nikkibikkis wedding cost! I personally spent less than 5k on my wedding but still got a small loan out for it-does that mean I shouldnt be trying for a baby?! I wanted to be married before having a baby so that the child would have the same surname as both its parents, I know its old fashioned and if i'd gotten pregnant before i'd have been just as thrilled. Nikki doesnt have to justify getting married or what it cost to anyone!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion