* Religion * Predictions, discussion and aftermath (1 thread please) - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-06-2011, 00:06   #46
randylonghorn
Exactly what it says on the tin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy Baby! View Post
Nice to know that the mod made my thread more appealing
I can make anyone look good!

All I have to do is stand beside them!
Advertisement
18-06-2011, 00:53   #47
Duda17

I am so screwed! :s I dunno wat any of ye on this thread are talking about. If only I knew how hard religion for the leaving cert was.
18-06-2011, 01:44   #48
dannyirishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duda17 View Post
I am so screwed! :s I dunno wat any of ye on this thread are talking about. If only I knew how hard religion for the leaving cert was.
You must have done nothing in the last two years so. It's so easy when you put the work in it's a walk in the park.

I don't know about anyone else but the journal work which many think helps them, might drag me down a grade (Down to A2 or B1)

Don't bother looking at the curriculum just take out your notes and use postets to break down every topic and ofcourse:

Expand, Expand, Expand,Expand,Expand,Expand!
18-06-2011, 08:18   #49
Platinum2010

Or if you go through the book you could break down the sections for those of you who dint receive notes
19-06-2011, 01:07   #50
Violafy

I can't decide whether or not to study what's come up in the last few years or not. I've got a lot to do so need to prioritise. Do you think it's likely they'd repeat questions when the course is still so new?

Last edited by Violafy; 19-06-2011 at 01:07. Reason: Quoted someone by accident..
Advertisement
19-06-2011, 13:44   #51
Platinum2010

I'm going through past papers because they pretty much coincide with the syllabus . And everything that's on that Is what were supposed to know
19-06-2011, 14:00   #52
Eggy Baby!

I think that they might bring up some expected stuff as 40 markers but they could bring up unexpected stuff as the other part of the question...they're like that
19-06-2011, 16:15   #53
xclw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violafy View Post
I can't decide whether or not to study what's come up in the last few years or not. I've got a lot to do so need to prioritise. Do you think it's likely they'd repeat questions when the course is still so new?
yep they have repeated stuff before like they've had myths on twice i think and search for spiritual in society like art and music or books has been on twice too
20-06-2011, 16:09   #54
Davidmator

Religion essay structure?

Hi,

I was just wondering what is the structure for an essay in the leaving cert religion exam. I have no idea how to structure an answer. My teacher has a different structure to other subjects like history. Totally confused!
Advertisement
21-06-2011, 10:36   #55
xaoifsx

intro..basically backround info and refre to question ask

middle, the information you know, refer back to question after each point you make

ending, round it up, refer to question..maybe give a personal view.. like i think that the sophists had a great idea or something liek that XD

QUESTION:

how long do we spend on an 80 mark, 40 mark and twenty mark question?
im so worried abut this exam... esp with the lack of info that i think most people use for this course... ugh
21-06-2011, 11:05   #56
Platinum2010

R.E.R

thats what I do for religion
21-06-2011, 14:32   #57
xclw

for timing i'm going to spend 35 minutes on each section and the rest of the time is for thinking and reading the paper...
what does everyone think will be come up?
21-06-2011, 18:28   #58
keeirs

anyone doing the Section H book? Its like an orangey book about the bible basically.. I dont have a clue what to learn from that!!
21-06-2011, 18:32   #59
Platinum2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeirs View Post
anyone doing the Section H book? Its like an orangey book about the bible basically.. I dont have a clue what to learn from that!!
Thank God I'm not doing that , I wouldnt know where to start
22-06-2011, 00:09   #60
CaoimheKeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclw View Post
religion is so hard to know with, our class do
Sec A, B, C and I
but in the mocks one of my friends answered Sec D even though we've never done it before and got higher marks in that than anything else

when answering questions try make links between sections because they seemingly love that, and also my teacher said that if you've time write down anything that you think may be relevant to the question because they won't mark you down it willl only bring up your grade.
he said repeat the question in each paragraph too to try convince the examiner you are answering the question.
I'm lucky i had a brilliant teacher who wrote books on religion and all but he never once gave us tests not even for christmas so do you think we studied it at all?
somebodyy from Loreto..!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion