Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-06-2011, 15:13   #46
Bellabear128
Banned

Concerned and Anxious

Red Fraggle,

I'm also very nervous. Due in Jan 2012 and been having dizzy spells lately. Worried that it is in the beginning of my pregnancy and already feeling this way.

Anyone else having similar issues?
Advertisement
23-06-2011, 15:40   #47
doubletrouble?
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabear128 View Post
Red Fraggle,

I'm also very nervous. Due in Jan 2012 and been having dizzy spells lately. Worried that it is in the beginning of my pregnancy and already feeling this way.

just showed this to the wife and she just nodded and said yep,she gets them when lying down ,after vomiting or getting up in the morning.
23-06-2011, 15:50   #48
rylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabear128 View Post
Red Fraggle,

Yep! Dizzy spells are common, I'm getting at least 1-2 per day!
23-06-2011, 18:48   #49
liliq

Dizzy spells could possibly be due to a sudden change in blood pressure when you stand up or sit up quickly.
But only getting your blood pressure checked by your doc or nurse will tell you if it is that... if you're worried there's no harm getting it checked out, even just for peace of mind
23-06-2011, 19:02   #50
Quins5

Hey MiMi Congrats!
I cant wait to have our big scan in 2 weeks and to actually hear the heartbeating, we did see it but didnt hear it yet

We'v decided to go public. It took us awhile to make the decision as it is our 1st baby. Wev decided anyway that we dont know any different and the CUMH is the same for everyone from wot I hear, also if you need the consultant, he/she is called immediately. My sisters all went private but that was when the Bons was a maternity hosp. My Sister-in-law went private and her Consultant was away when she gave birth and another sisters consultant was on holidays for her most recent birth, so we kind of feel why pay over €4,000 for a Consultant who may not even make the birth!

Im happy to be in the care of the midwives, they're all brilliant anyway! (although ask me again in 9mths LOL!!! )
Im quite sure that €4000 will come in handy once the baby is born

Best of luck with your decision, might meet you in the waiting rooms around the place!

x
Advertisement
24-06-2011, 11:57   #51
Cottontail

We went public with our first. The consultant was needed at the end of the birth, and although it wasn't the consultant I was under, everything went fine. Also the hospital staff (and all through the pregnancy) couldn't have done any more for me than they could have if I had gone private.

I'm going public again this time. Have absolutely no concerns about doing this due to excellent treatment last time.
Thanks from:
24-06-2011, 19:37   #52
sunray123

Hi red fraggle . I'm due at the end of Feb. How ae you feeling? i have 5 weeks now and 2days.just know myself. what do i have to do, if i dont have GP? i seen some doctors few times, but always need to pay some 40-50 euro.but now when im pregnant, still have to pay every visiting?? i wonder, how much that will be cost to me???
24-06-2011, 22:01   #53
carwash_2006

If you sign up for combined care then you will get a certain number of doctors visits free throughout the pregnancy. Doctors seem to vary on how this works out though. Some doctors seem to charge for your first appointment confirming pregnancy and others don't. Technically you are entitled to one visit in the first 12 weeks and since you are not so likely to need a doctor during that time the first visit should really be free, so if they try to charge you query it with them, some say when asked that you have to pay but they will reimburse you once the forms have gone through.

My doctor didn't charge and I saw the nurse one day with a urine sample as I was feeling a lot of pressure and wanted to be sure there was nothing there, it was fine and I wasn't charged, nurse checked BP as well and added the fact that it was twins to my file as I had just discovered the previous day, I wasn't sure if I would have to pay, but they didn't look for anything.

I guess the best thing is to ask the doctor what you will and won't have to pay for during your pregnancy. Also when you are choosing what doctor to use remember that whatever one you choose will be where you will go with your newborn, so while it may seem logical to pick one near where you work it might be better to go with one near home o you don't have to travel with a newborn.
24-06-2011, 22:21   #54
red fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray123 View Post
Hi red fraggle . I'm due at the end of Feb. How ae you feeling? i have 5 weeks now and 2days.just know myself. what do i have to do, if i dont have GP? i seen some doctors few times, but always need to pay some 40-50 euro.but now when im pregnant, still have to pay every visiting?? i wonder, how much that will be cost to me???
hi. im feelin a bit down today but stayin positive. you should sign up with the one doctor. when i told my doc he gave me a form to fill out and i will get all pregnancy appts and hosp appts free. i think the first thing ytou should do is def go to doc and sign up with them. you might already be with some of the ones you have seen. pregnancy shouldnt cost you if you go public but et advice from doc.
Advertisement
25-06-2011, 16:07   #55
doubletrouble?
Closed Account

sunray i suppose one of the most important things is getting a doctor your comfortable with. kit ( not the O.H.'s real name) had a doctor just 2 minutes walk from our house. a proper gent he is but she felt she wasn't getting the proper care and attention she needed. he was happy that we were pregnant but thats as far as it went. during the week she wasn't feeling the best so i organised a second opinion from another doctor who happens to be female but is about 10 mins drive from our house. she did a urine test and took her blood pressure. then put her on clacichew-D3 forte. couldn't compliment her any more. we decided to go with her practice and kit just had to sign her name on the dotted line for the combined care which we were told is free.
27-06-2011, 12:59   #56
rylie

Hi all, how are we doing?

I'm after ordering 2 pairs of maternity jeans as I'm officially out of my normal jeans That's really bad isn't it?! I'm not even 9 weeks gone yet. I'm convincing myself it's because it's my second baby as opposed to the packet of fruit shortcakes I'm munching most evenings
Thanks from:
27-06-2011, 14:22   #57
red fraggle

Well im actaully feeling better today than i have in a long time!! course that makes me a bit nervous. why am i feelin better today???
im going to be 12 weeks this fri and i cant wait. ill have a scan then the following week. im still checkin my underwear all day everyday as i had brown spotting last thur and fri but none since. fingers crossed. as for my clothes... well im really not starting to show yet but just below my trouser line is definitely rounder. cant wear my usual jeans cos its just not comfy. and when im drivin i have to open the button and even the zip sometimes cos feels like too much pressure.

fingers crossed for all of us!
27-06-2011, 14:52   #58
rylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red fraggle View Post
Well im actaully feeling better today than i have in a long time!! course that makes me a bit nervous. why am i feelin better today???
im going to be 12 weeks this fri and i cant wait. ill have a scan then the following week. im still checkin my underwear all day everyday as i had brown spotting last thur and fri but none since. fingers crossed. as for my clothes... well im really not starting to show yet but just below my trouser line is definitely rounder. cant wear my usual jeans cos its just not comfy. and when im drivin i have to open the button and even the zip sometimes cos feels like too much pressure.

fingers crossed for all of us!
Aw I'm glad you're feeling better Don't symptoms ease off around 12 weeks?I wouldn't worry- I remember feeling like a new person from 12-14 weeks last time. I've my first scan in 2 weeks, trying not to think too much ahead and hope for the best!
27-06-2011, 20:55   #59
red fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylie View Post
Aw I'm glad you're feeling better Don't symptoms ease off around 12 weeks?I wouldn't worry- I remember feeling like a new person from 12-14 weeks last time. I've my first scan in 2 weeks, trying not to think too much ahead and hope for the best!

yeh me too.mines fri next week and im excited but tryin not to think bout it too much. ill be more relieved when i have it and hopefully all will be good. ill be 13 weeks then and all goin well we will be tellin the families then. hope your scan goes well too. such a nervewracking exciting time.
27-06-2011, 23:12   #60
dublinlady

6 weeks and 1 day... feel like ive been hit by a bus with the tiredness.... still cramping away, but had hsg tests which showed that everything looked ok , have an early scan next monday so very excited about that and also hugely nervous... it was 6 weeks 2 days when i miscarried last time so i think once i get thru tomorrow ill feel a bit better anyway...
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion