Due January/February 2012 Thread - Page 13 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-08-2011, 20:12   #181
Quins5

Great news Dublinlady!
Delighted for you

17wks 4days yay! starting to get a round belly becoming more and more obvious, i also find im just sticking it out too! I just dont seem to be able to 'suck it in' like I could before (iv always had a belly but this is different)

feels much harder to the touch than the rest of my squashy belly

x
Advertisement
07-08-2011, 12:21   #182
red fraggle

[QUOTE=Quins5;73676197]Great news Dublinlady!
Delighted for you

17wks 4days yay! starting to get a round belly becoming more and more obvious, i also find im just sticking it out too! I just dont seem to be able to 'suck it in' like I could before (iv always had a belly but this is different)

feels much harder to the touch than the rest of my squashy belly

im 17 weeks 2 days! def have a belly to. smaller in the mornin than the evening. i noticed the last 2 mornings it is bigger on the right side and harder than the left. and i havnt been lying on that side! once i get up it seems to settle. wierd tho. but def harder overall.

have you been feeling any movements yet? dont think i have. i feel somethin every now and then on lower left side but its probably wind!!
Thanks from:
08-08-2011, 11:17   #183
Cottontail

my belly is definitely noticeable now too! I think I'll have to move to maternity clothes soon, i've been putting it off as long as possible but don't think i'll be able to hold out much longer. I hate maternity clothes!
Thanks from:
08-08-2011, 16:19   #184
73Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
my belly is definitely noticeable now too! I think I'll have to move to maternity clothes soon, i've been putting it off as long as possible but don't think i'll be able to hold out much longer. I hate maternity clothes!
Almost 16 weeks now, and my belly getting quite roundy, suppose it's because it's no3. Am holding my jeans shut with a hair go go. Nearly went demented looking for more jeans, all the maternity ones are far too long for me. Seemingly short women don't get pregnant. Christ, the maternity clothes are rotten anyway. Was in Mothercare, and it's all blacks and greys, and mile long jeans. And pricey! Very depressing! Anyway, went into Next today, and just got couple of larger size jeans in the petite section. So I'm sorted for another while, one pair are actually really light material, with a tie string thingy on the waist. And they'll do for afterwards as well.
Am definitely feeling some fluttering the odd time, and it's not wind. It's the earliest yet, was 16 weeks or so last time, when noticed any movement, and longer again the first time round.
09-08-2011, 10:12   #185
Cottontail

I'm lucky enough to have made it to (almost) 21 weeks without maternity clothes, but the top button of my trousers is open now so I think it's about time to make the switch...As you say, they can be expensive and you only wear them for a short few months. I have all my maternity clothes from last time, I just have to dig them out now. The only piece of maternity clothing I really like is a cobalt blue coat I got in New Look when I was pregnant before. I'll spend the next few months alternating between 3 pairs of trousers and a couple of tops - roll on December!
Advertisement
09-08-2011, 10:30   #186
73Cat

Ooh, do they do maternity clothes in New Look?!. Yes, the wardrobe will be very limited between now and January. I'm going to look like a little roundy Christmas pudding this year
Thanks from:
09-08-2011, 11:11   #187
Cottontail

They do indeed. Well, they do in the one in Enniskillen anyway, which would be the closest one to me, but I'd say they do in other branches as well. Fairly reasonably priced as well, although I find them a bit small fitting. I'd normally be a size 10 but I'd go for a 12 in their maternity section.
Thanks from:
09-08-2011, 12:00   #188
carwash_2006

Ha! I've been in maternity jeans since about 13 weeks! Other than that I'm making do with loose skirts, dresses and anything I can find that is on the bigger side I have quite the bump now, no mistaking for anything other than baby. But I suppose with 2 in there it's kind of inevitable

I had to get new bras last week and all I will say is, do not bother getting measured in Mothercare girls! I got measured in one of their stores and the size she said I was I thought was a bit strange, they didn't have anything in that size so I left it for that day. I remembered that I had been given a recommendation for Geoghegans in Navan for bra fitting and went there. She measured me in a size 2 chest sizes down and 3 cup sizes bigger than the girl in Mothercare and when she brought me bras I couldn't believe how comfortable and supportive they were.

I am definitely feeling kicks now, although you can't feel them on the outside yet, but it is such a brilliant feeling
10-08-2011, 10:15   #189
red fraggle

ive been getting a kind of stabbing pain in my left lower side just across from my hip. anyone havin anything similar. its been on and off the last few days. its even moke me up the last 2 nights!!
Advertisement
10-08-2011, 14:18   #190
Cottontail

Well, I had my scan this morning, and thankfully everything went really well. Everything is where it should be and baby is a good size and all measurements were good, so I'm happy. I've also found out that I'm having a boy, so come christmas hopefully I'll be a proud mammy to two lovely little boys. I couldn't be happier right now.
(4) thanks from:
10-08-2011, 20:39   #191
MiMi P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Well, I had my scan this morning, and thankfully everything went really well. Everything is where it should be and baby is a good size and all measurements were good, so I'm happy. I've also found out that I'm having a boy, so come christmas hopefully I'll be a proud mammy to two lovely little boys. I couldn't be happier right now.

Cottontail, that's brilliant news!!!! Did you find out the sex of the baby with your first baby as well?? we have our 20 week scan in 3 weeks and I am coming round to the idea of finding out the sex of the baby. I thought I wouldn't want to but I don't see why not to now

Red fraggle - I've been getting a sharp pain in my right hip for a while now at times, it seems to be particularly bad after long car drives.... Also getting alot of cramping across my abdomen the last week or so, but I think that it is normal stretching etc.
11-08-2011, 10:37   #192
Cottontail

Yes, we found out the first time as well. I love finding out (wouldn't have the patience to wait anyway!!) but I now feel like i'm closer to my baby son who is inside me, he has a name and everything now, as opposed to yesterday morning when he was just 'the baby' and might have been a girl or a boy... I can now visualise what my little family will look like in December!
11-08-2011, 17:01   #193
red fraggle

Congrats on the scan cottontail! ya must be so excited. im def seein the up side of finding out the sex but i still prob wont. gone keep it a surprise. my big scan is 4 weeks time. cant come soon enough.

so i was at doc today to get the pain checked. wasnt my mormal doc so im goin back to him next tue to double check. she thinks i may have a cyst. she didnt seem at all worried about it and didnt do any tests only routine urine which was fine. checked babys heartbeat and it was fine which makes me happier and il hopefully enjoy my weekend away now. still feel better when i go to my own doc next week.

Anyone here ever had a cyst when pregnant? she says they are fairly common.
12-08-2011, 17:14   #194
dublinlady

Hey red f!
Yeah apparently I have a cyst, it's something to do with the corpus Luteum I think but is apparently really common, I haven't had any pain from it yet (touch wood!!) and they said they can often go unnoticed as cause few problems!!
Hope that helps! 13 weeks Sunday! Yeah!!
15-08-2011, 17:19   #195
red fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinlady View Post
Hey red f!
Yeah apparently I have a cyst, it's something to do with the corpus Luteum I think but is apparently really common, I haven't had any pain from it yet (touch wood!!) and they said they can often go unnoticed as cause few problems!!
Hope that helps! 13 weeks Sunday! Yeah!!

hey dublinlady,

thanks for that and congrats on reaching 13 weeks!!

have my check up appt with my own doc tomorrow so ill ask him all about it. wont know of i def have a cyst til my next scan. pain comes and goes. but over the weekend it feels like my poor belly is stretching muscles from under my boobs and right down my sides!! it sensitive to touch but def feels like muscles or somethin. feel like im becoming a balloon or somethin. my poor belly feels tired. its wierd. but as long as alls good then who cares

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion