Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-06-2011, 16:55   #1
red fraggle

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Hi all.

Just thought id open this up so maybe those of us who arent far along can find each other and we can share symptoms, fears, tips or anything really. be nice to talk to people due around the same time too!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-06-2011, 09:58   #2
rylie

Hiya red fraggle I'm due at the end of January, although I look like I'm 4 months gone already

How are you feeling?
16-06-2011, 10:07   #3
nearlythereacca

Hi im due early jan too. Nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing ie extreme tiredness, all day quesy stomach and constipation (tmi apologies) oh and the ever increasing boob size!
Roll on week 14 and the second trimester!
16-06-2011, 10:28   #4
Moonbeam

Congrats girls
I have a January 2009 baby and a January 2011 baby.
It is a wonderful time of the year to have a baby,enjoy your pregnancies and good luck
(2) thanks from:
16-06-2011, 11:14   #5
Hobbitfeet
Closed Account

I'm due Jan 26. Getting over feeling sick now thank god can eat much better. But this has been replaced by bleeding gums!! and crying for no apparent reason. First baby also.

Has anyone been having strange dreams?
Advertisement
16-06-2011, 11:41   #6
rylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitfeet View Post
I'm due Jan 26. Getting over feeling sick now thank god can eat much better. But this has been replaced by bleeding gums!! and crying for no apparent reason. First baby also.

Has anyone been having strange dreams?
Yeah! Crazy vivid dreams!
16-06-2011, 11:43   #7
Hobbitfeet
Closed Account

I had a dream that i had a big cup of blackcurrant juice and then breastfed and my milk was dark purple...weird...
16-06-2011, 12:38   #8
nearlythereacca

Ive been having very strange and vivid dreams too but never linked it to being pregnant!!!
16-06-2011, 14:40   #9
GillyBo

Hi i am also due 13th Jan, symthoms have not been too bad just little bit of everything but no extremes thank god!
Only thing is i got a letter from the hospital to say that they think i may have a bladder infection i had to send in fresh sample again today and they are going to test again to make sure
This is my first and feeling little nervous about it, just wondering have any of the rest of you gone through something like this before on previous pregnancies??
Advertisement
16-06-2011, 14:46   #10
rylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillyBo View Post
Hi i am also due 13th Jan, symthoms have not been too bad just little bit of everything but no extremes thank god!
Only thing is i got a letter from the hospital to say that they think i may have a bladder infection i had to send in fresh sample again today and they are going to test again to make sure
This is my first and feeling little nervous about it, just wondering have any of the rest of you gone through something like this before on previous pregnancies??
Hiya, try not to worry. As far as I know bladder infections are fairly common in pregnancy. If you need an antibiotic there are types that are perfectly safe to take in pregnancy. In the meantime you should drink loads of water and take it easy.
16-06-2011, 16:24   #11
Feb12

Due around February 14th and scared to think about it too much in case I get too excited. I had two miscarriages before so I am keeping fingers crossed that everything goes ok. No sickness yet but queasy pretty much every morning time. I guess I am lucky so far.....
16-06-2011, 16:40   #12
red fraggle

Hi all,
great to see theres a few of us here. im due jan 13th too but sure that date might change. its my first baby and every pain i get i think something is wrong then on a rare occasion when i feel grand i think somethin is wrong! madness. so excited tho. I have the all day quesy feeling which sometimes leads to gagging (sorry). its awful. also have diarrhia. but its not all day. prob 2/3 times a day. i have IBS so thats prob just IBS flaring up a bit as im sure are some of my pains. also sooooooooo tired. i lay down today at 1 o clock and slept for an hour!
visited home yesterday and my brother kept askin me was i depressed, tired or did i have a fight with my husband! i was just home from a double shift so was extra extra tired. we arent telling anyone til 12 weeks which will be 2 weeks tomorrow .

i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through!
16-06-2011, 16:49   #13
Hobbitfeet
Closed Account

i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through![/QUOTE]

Im excited and terrified at the same time too I havent had any idea of when I'll be having my scan or when I can hear the heartbeat bit annoyed at my doc as she explained nothing to me when I went first have another appointment with her on 28th so will bring it up then. Is it normal to have a scan and hear teh heartbeat so early?
16-06-2011, 17:25   #14
red fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitfeet View Post
i have a scan at 13weeks cos of some pains early on but i saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks its wierd being so excited and so scared of somethin goin wrong at the same time! great to share it with all of yas here tho. we know what we are all goin through!
Im excited and terrified at the same time too I havent had any idea of when I'll be having my scan or when I can hear the heartbeat bit annoyed at my doc as she explained nothing to me when I went first have another appointment with her on 28th so will bring it up then. Is it normal to have a scan and hear teh heartbeat so early?[/QUOTE]

hi,
just from reading posts having a scan so early isnt normal. only if they think somethin is wrong or you have pain or some bleeding. i had lower abdominal pain. i think the normal scan is around 17 weeks. seems alot like ur left to do things yourself like bookin appts. i didnt have to as i went to the early assessment unit and she made my appt for the 13 weeks scan. i wasnt expecting to get it til the 17th week but im not complaining. i think the best thing to do is write a list of questions for ur doc and bring them with you so you can have your questions answered. thats what im planning on doin and my doc likes when i bring him lists! im thinkin of goin public but wonderin could i go semi private. i really havnt a clue bout this stuff!! so new!
(2) thanks from:
16-06-2011, 17:31   #15
red fraggle

I had a wierd dream. i was in labour NO PAIN , but i was only 3/4 cm dilated so they were sending me home for a few days!I was really annoyed and upset. i woke up and my husband was talking in his sleep and i think we were having a conversation when we were both asleep. WIERD!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion