Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-09-2011, 15:39   #46
lukesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffff-Man View Post
Im sorry for your loss, and I hope you get justice for your brother.

I wish! frustrating as I have no proof that would stand up in a court and they are not the sort I would want to blow the whistle on either. It will not bring my brother back. I have heard that one of them was ran out of the place by the bigger fry for non payment so at least a little justice there.
Advertisement
12-09-2011, 19:42   #47
bladespin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbeag1 View Post
If I were to move to Navan I'd probably be lookin at Johnstown for a home.

Take it form those already living in Navan, there are better (and worse)areas to live in, however if trolling's what you're after then it'd be a fine spot to start.
Thanks from:
13-09-2011, 06:55   #48
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladespin View Post
Take it form those already living in Navan, there are better (and worse)areas to live in, however if trolling's what you're after then it'd be a fine spot to start.
Whos trolling? Johnstown may have some trouble with kids acting the mick now and again but it doesn't have public order or antisocial trouble on a regular basis by any account. The majority of residents there are very law abiding. Sure there are a few criminals living there but no more than any other area in Ireland.
13-09-2011, 08:30   #49
cournioni

This thread is going off topic. This is about apartments in Navan. If you are going to post up something about crime rates in parts of Navan, make sure that you have a source for your facts and figures.

The last couple of pages of this thread have hardly been helpful to anyone buying or renting an apartment in Navan.

Last edited by cournioni; 13-09-2011 at 08:39.
(2) thanks from:
15-09-2011, 12:45   #50
ladyrebel

My partner and I are also considering a move to Navan at the moment. We have arranged to look at apartments to let in Blackcastle Lodge, Yellow Clay Manor and Hampton Rise.

Was wondering if anyone knows what these places are like? Are any of these apartments located in areas we should avoid?
Advertisement
15-09-2011, 13:53   #51
lukesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrebel View Post
My partner and I are also considering a move to Navan at the moment. We have arranged to look at apartments to let in Blackcastle Lodge, Yellow Clay Manor and Hampton Rise.

Was wondering if anyone knows what these places are like? Are any of these apartments located in areas we should avoid?
Hi out of the three options you have listed I would be inclined to hope to get Blackcastle Lodge, nice friendly estate in off the road on flower hill with parking.

Yellow Clay manor is grand too and out the commons road but quite close to claremont and clogherboy, areas which were mentioned previously on thread as having quite alot of anti-social behaviour

I would avoid Hampton Rise as this is at the bottom of Flower Hill in quite a built up area of apartments that have been experiencing alot of anti-social behaviour of late.
(3) thanks from:
15-09-2011, 14:01   #52
youtube!

+1
15-09-2011, 14:48   #53
ShooterSF

I'm living up the road from Hampton rise. The area itself is rather quiet though there's plenty of house parties at the weekend. The hampton rise block itself though I believe is up for sale and from the look of it outside it seems pretty run down.
Thanks from:
26-09-2011, 21:05   #54
EdgarAllenPoo

Send a message via MSN to EdgarAllenPoo
We were looking at houses and apartments in navan last week, just happened to mention it to the mortgage broker we were dealing with, she asked where we were looking, we told her about the steeples, a house in bailis downs, one in ros na ri and one in birch close, with the exception of the house in birch close she advised us to steer clear of the other areas, she's from navan so we took her advice on board and went to see the houses. She wasn't wrong about some of the places and it does explain the low low prices.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-09-2011, 13:21   #55
babsybaby01

A lot of apartments in navan are rented to non nationals who are clanish and stick together...Dosent make it easy for irish living in a block of apartments mostly occupied by them.Im sure most people from navan agree that there isint really a block of apartments in navan that there hasnt been trouble in or hand on heart they would move into.
29-09-2011, 16:02   #56
lukesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsybaby01 View Post
A lot of apartments in navan are rented to non nationals who are clanish and stick together...Dosent make it easy for irish living in a block of apartments mostly occupied by them.Im sure most people from navan agree that there isint really a block of apartments in navan that there hasnt been trouble in or hand on heart they would move into.

What is wrong with living in the same block as non nationals? I have polish people either side of me and they are very friendly and respectable. I find that comment pretty prejudice. There are plenty of Navan natives that I wouldn't like to live next to and would gladly live next to foreign nationals instead of them
29-09-2011, 17:03   #57
babsybaby01

Look again....i didnt say anything was wrong with it..I said a lot of apartments are occupied by non-nationals that all know each other making it difficult to live beside them...As im sure you know have a look in the meath chronicle each week at the court cases..check the addresses and names...and i dont know why you would be offended by it..i wasnt reffering to you..Opinions when they matter not because you live in navan(not originally id imagine)thanks
30-09-2011, 13:39   #58
lukesmom

Quote:
Look again....i didnt say anything was wrong with it..I said a lot of apartments are occupied by non-nationals that all know each other making it difficult to live beside them...As im sure you know have a look in the meath chronicle each week at the court cases..check the addresses and names...and i dont know why you would be offended by it..i wasnt reffering to you..Opinions when they matter not because you live in navan(not originally id imagine)thanks

still dont see how it would be difficult to live beside them just because they all know each other???? I never said you were referring to me, you were referring to non nationals and how it is difficult living beside them as they all know each other, that is a bit of a ridiculous statement in my opinion. And your point about not originally Id imagine, I'm Navan born and bred, thanks.
01-10-2011, 00:42   #59
babsybaby01

it seems you just want the last word on all of this....so have it...and dont tell me that if you were surrounded with people who didnt speak your language it would be just as easy for you to live beside them...There is more than your opinion on here and you should take them into consideration...and seeing that you know so much about hampton rise do you know the precentage of non-nationals living there?I do(postal worker)so without knowing it your contradicting yourself...a ridiculous statement IN MY OPINION

Last edited by babsybaby01; 01-10-2011 at 00:49. Reason: MORE TO SAY
04-10-2011, 22:36   #60
ShooterSF

Quote:
it seems you just want the last word on all of this....so have it...and dont tell me that if you were surrounded with people who didnt speak your language it would be just as easy for you to live beside them...There is more than your opinion on here and you should take them into consideration...and seeing that you know so much about hampton rise do you know the precentage of non-nationals living there?I do(postal worker)so without knowing it your contradicting yourself...a ridiculous statement IN MY OPINION
As said I live in the area. It's not unusual for someone not to care what language their neighbour speaks, actually less chance of someone pestering me for sugar Plenty of them can speak english though and the few I have spoken too have been very nice.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion