nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!* - Page 12 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-06-2011, 09:25   #166
squeakyduck
Registered User
 
squeakyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Daejeon, South Korea
Posts: 4,232
Send a message via AIM to squeakyduck Send a message via MSN to squeakyduck
Oh penny's is selling shatter effect polish in the mary street store.....2e a pop I couldn't find black yo try out but they have blue red and white....teeny little bottle too...might get one to try out
squeakyduck is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-06-2011, 09:47   #167
Dark Phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonWhore View Post
Nails Inc - Brompton Place


Then with Barry M Effects in Black on top
Ok I am freaked out now - I did that the other night using the EXACT same two polishes!! Great minds must think alike although yours turned out way better than mine did!
Dark Phoenix is offline  
Thanks from:
15-06-2011, 09:48   #168
Dark Phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 910
Ladies has anyone bought the opi cirque de femme collection? Been eyeing up the mini polishes on asos.com and am tempted!
Dark Phoenix is offline  
15-06-2011, 15:08   #169
squeakyduck
Registered User
 
squeakyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Daejeon, South Korea
Posts: 4,232
Send a message via AIM to squeakyduck Send a message via MSN to squeakyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
Ok I am freaked out now - I did that the other night using the EXACT same two polishes!! Great minds must think alike although yours turned out way better than mine did!
That is gorgeous!!!!
squeakyduck is offline  
15-06-2011, 15:52   #170
The Lovely Muffin
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,844
Just bought these on eBay.

I'm broke now

OPI - That's Berry Daring



OPI - Vodka and Caviar



China Glaze - Vintage Vixen First Class Ticket



China Glaze - It's Poppin'



Colour Club - Gimme A Grape Big Kiss



Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails

The Lovely Muffin is offline  
Advertisement
15-06-2011, 16:41   #171
Asphyxia
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,920
IsaDora - Graffiti Nail Top - 805 Spraycan Blue

Essence - 37 Most Wanted

Don't mind the nails I was trying something out! I got two packets free today in my local chemist I'm going to file them down nicely in a few minutes



Love they way these colours work together! I adore the graffiti nail look
Asphyxia is offline  
15-06-2011, 19:37   #172
lil-ms-vodka
Registered User
 
lil-ms-vodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 127
Essence, Hypnotic Poison

One of my favourites
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0415.JPG (777.4 KB, 155 views)
lil-ms-vodka is offline  
(3) thanks from:
15-06-2011, 20:53   #173
Asphyxia
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-ms-vodka View Post
Essence, Hypnotic Poison

One of my favourites
Your nails are beautiful, I'm jealous at how pretty they're shaped
Asphyxia is offline  
(2) thanks from:
15-06-2011, 21:07   #174
The Lovely Muffin
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia View Post
Your nails are beautiful, I'm jealous at how pretty they're shaped
+1.

Mine a horrid shape at the minute, two of them broke on me, so now they are different lengths

I hate filing them though cos I'm useless at it and I haven't the patience for it, I always get mam to do mine cause she likes filing nails lol.
The Lovely Muffin is offline  
Advertisement
15-06-2011, 21:34   #175
ibarelycare
cruel & unforgiving
 
ibarelycare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 39,601
Send a message via MSN to ibarelycare
I love this thread! I can't go without nail varnish. For about 4 years straight I wore gel nails and only stopped wearing them about 9 months ago because I started doing a makeup course, and my nails are still in crap condition, therefore I cover them up in nail varnish!

I have loads of Rimmel ones because they're easy to apply, they've a good selection and they're cheap, however I find the actual bottles don't last very long, they dry out and I've never had a bottle last more than halfway down.

Recently I've started buying Revlon and IsaDora and find them both great for lasting.

This is my current favourite, Baby Blue by IsaDora (sorry for bad quality)




Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to strengthen my nails? Because they're so weak, I can't wear them long and nail varnish chips quite quickly
ibarelycare is offline  
15-06-2011, 21:42   #176
Sugarbomb
Registered User
 
Sugarbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 197
Rimmel Posh Trash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4760977985_38159fd334.jpg (55.5 KB, 7 views)
Sugarbomb is offline  
(2) thanks from:
15-06-2011, 21:45   #177
lil-ms-vodka
Registered User
 
lil-ms-vodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Bobbin View Post
+1.

Mine a horrid shape at the minute, two of them broke on me, so now they are different lengths

I hate filing them though cos I'm useless at it and I haven't the patience for it, I always get mam to do mine cause she likes filing nails lol.

Thanks girls have nails like concrete most of the time, pain to file end up in a cloud of white dust
lil-ms-vodka is offline  
15-06-2011, 21:48   #178
lil-ms-vodka
Registered User
 
lil-ms-vodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 127
@ ibarelycare, find the same with all my Rimmel polishes. Best thing is to get a bottle of OPI nail lacquer thinner (Ebay) i bought a bottle about 6 yrs ago and still have about 1/4 left, couple of drops makes the polish like new
lil-ms-vodka is offline  
Thanks from:
15-06-2011, 21:53   #179
Asphyxia
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarelycare View Post
I love this thread! I can't go without nail varnish. For about 4 years straight I wore gel nails and only stopped wearing them about 9 months ago because I started doing a makeup course, and my nails are still in crap condition, therefore I cover them up in nail varnish!

I have loads of Rimmel ones because they're easy to apply, they've a good selection and they're cheap, however I find the actual bottles don't last very long, they dry out and I've never had a bottle last more than halfway down.

Recently I've started buying Revlon and IsaDora and find them both great for lasting.

This is my current favourite, Baby Blue by IsaDora (sorry for bad quality)




Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to strengthen my nails? Because they're so weak, I can't wear them long and nail varnish chips quite quickly
Sally Hansen diamond nail strengthener is great.

Loving the IsaDora polish by the way Nails look pretty!
Asphyxia is offline  
Thanks from:
15-06-2011, 22:22   #180
Princess Peach
Registered User
 
Princess Peach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mushroom Kingdom
Posts: 10,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarelycare View Post

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to strengthen my nails? Because they're so weak, I can't wear them long and nail varnish chips quite quickly
Mine are the exact same and always break at work! Have to keep them very short. But I take Boots hair and nail vitamins, they are about €7 I think and always on 3 for the price of 2. Use a nail strengthening hand cream too. They do work, I just always forget to take/ use them.
Princess Peach is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet