Kingfisher gym breaffy - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-06-2011, 22:34   #1
C-J
Closed Account

Kingfisher gym breaffy

I've noticed in the last few days that any signs referencing the kingfisher club in the gym in breaffy have been removed, has it gone into recievership?
Advertisement
07-06-2011, 22:36   #2
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-J View Post
I've noticed in the last few days that any signs referencing the kingfisher club in the gym in breaffy have been removed, has it gone into recievership?
Wow! hope not, my bro and sis in law both took out membership there in the last 2 months!!!
07-06-2011, 22:47   #3
C-J
Closed Account

I'm a member there since february 09 and go most days for an hour, obviously above the front door is still the kingfisher logo but when i went in this evening a few things struck me. Usually you just swipe your card but there was a sign up beside the turnstiles saying that members now have to sign in as well as swiping card, all posters etc that were usually in reception notice board were gone as were things that used to be on the doors. Upstairs in the gym itself, the poster with the classes listed on it was changed to one saying 'breaffy house gym', and even the little signs on the machines asking you to wipe them down had no reference to kingfisher. To make things worse, the aerobics studio seemed to be being used by staff for some sort of meeting. Eek! Be interestin to know whats going on
08-06-2011, 21:51   #4
irishgeo

http://www.kingfisherclub.com

breaffy is still all over the website, although breaffy hotel is in liquidation , i wonder did they pay kingfisher to run the gym. perhaps they cant afford do that now.
08-06-2011, 21:58   #5
C-J
Closed Account

Ya that's what I was thinking. I was in this evening so looked a bit closer, staff tshirts have changed and as you go towards the stairs for the gym all the signs referencing kingfisher are gone off the walls, literally just wall brackets left
Advertisement
08-06-2011, 23:10   #6
MonTheBiffy

Its a cash-cow. The hotel want all the takings for the gym because they need it badly, they don't want to be giving takings to Kingfisher anymore hence the name drop
08-06-2011, 23:21   #7
C-J
Closed Account

If that's the case i would assume all members annual contracts with kingfisher are null and void? Signed mine in february and would be interesting to see if i could negotiate a new cheaper deal!
10-06-2011, 20:45   #8
irishgeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-J View Post
If that's the case i would assume all members annual contracts with kingfisher are null and void? Signed mine in february and would be interesting to see if i could negotiate a new cheaper deal!
thats an interesting one, are you entitled to your money back as you signed the contract with kingfisher not breaffy. i be getting on the consumer crowd about that.
10-06-2011, 21:11   #9
star1234

the hotel took the leisure centre back.that must be why all the changes are goin on.have the staff changed or is it same group of people because the male staff attitudes towards swimmers was desperate.he is like a drill sargent towards the kiddies and it us paying membership.
Advertisement
17-06-2011, 00:29   #10
francie82

Premises simply no longer rented by kingfisher........

Kingfisher are no longer tenants.....its ran by breaffy house...no issues with membership. Membership is now actually way cheaper....around 350 for 12 months. Iv been goin most days for the last 9 months. its the same staff that are employed and iv always found them to be helpfull. Its the best gym around....cannot fault the place and im a daily swimmer and saw no drill sgts.....

I do notice that more energy is being pumped into chatting the customers...overall its 100%
18-06-2011, 21:38   #11
star1234

Wasnt ment in a bad way ,I love the place its very clean and the gym instructors are very qualified.I was mearly stating what i seen .I also find the staff very friendly and very accomodating.I may have been harsh in my judgement but im a straight foward person.
20-06-2011, 22:22   #12
Flashpoint

Ya kingfisher are gone, its breaffy house hotel running it now. Everything is the same staff etc, opening times changed a little and membership is cheaper too. I always found the staff ok, very friendly people. I see there even is a facebook page for the gym and spa now, I came across it by mistake. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaff...78399573545#!/
21-06-2011, 12:38   #13
piobhan

in my opinion the gym needs a few things fixed/improved.
I complained recently about the following
1. some male showers not working
2. the tvs in the gym are a disaster,half with no buttons and about 2 remotes for twenty tvs! should just 3/4 large flat screens
3. no bike rack
4. MUSIC in the gym, who wants to listen to planet rock, music should be motivational and fast paced not english traffic reports

Will be interesting to see what changes
22-06-2011, 00:21   #14
Flashpoint

I was told the showers are going to be fixed, there has been people in fixing stuff already. Didn't hear anything about the tv's being changed or fixed etc, a bike rack is on the way I heard. The music thing is hard fix tho i.e. its hard please everyone at the same time, I find planet rock fine. When i start working out I don't care what music is on, sometimes I bring my ipod with me if I want my own music.
24-06-2011, 02:09   #15
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
I was told the showers are going to be fixed, there has been people in fixing stuff already. Didn't hear anything about the tv's being changed or fixed etc, a bike rack is on the way I heard. The music thing is hard fix tho i.e. its hard please everyone at the same time, I find planet rock fine. When i start working out I don't care what music is on, sometimes I bring my ipod with me if I want my own music.
Whats your relation to the Gym? Your posts are curious as they are all "love ins" with Breaffy gyms and providing news on classes and prices.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion