From Tallaght to NUI Maynooth - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-05-2011, 17:07   #1
Freemasonry

From Tallaght to NUI Maynooth

Can someone give me directions please?
Advertisement
27-05-2011, 17:21   #2
Losty Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemasonry View Post
Can someone give me directions please?
Mode of transport and a starting place in Tallaght would be a big help
27-05-2011, 21:06   #3
n97 mini

Up the M50 and out the M4.
28-05-2011, 11:41   #4
Freemasonry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losty Dublin View Post
Mode of transport and a starting place in Tallaght would be a big help
My apologies mate...

The mode of transport is by bus and my starting point would be The Square
28-05-2011, 12:16   #5
n97 mini

Luas to Connolly and train from Connolly to Maynooth. NUI is a 5 min walk from the station.

Don't think the bus will be quicker as I think you'll have to go via the city centre.
Advertisement
28-05-2011, 12:23   #6
Bazzer2
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by n97 mini View Post
Don't think the bus will be quicker as I think you'll have to go via the city centre.
Not necessarily. 76/76A/76B from Tallaght to Kylemore Road, then from there a 66 or 67 to Maynooth.
28-05-2011, 12:36   #7
stop

Is there not a route 166 in the works that would cover this? Might be in place by September if so..
29-05-2011, 16:13   #8
lxflyer

There is a direct coach service every morning returning in the evening run by Slevins Coaches.

Details here:
http://www.nuim.ie/location/dundrum-maynooth.shtml
29-05-2011, 16:16   #9
GarIT

I make the journey regularly and have look at many ways of doing it, the best way for me and the quickest seems to be Luas from The Square to Heuston station and then a bus from the side of Heuston straight to Maynooth.
Advertisement
30-05-2011, 21:01   #10
Freemasonry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarIT View Post
I make the journey regularly and have look at many ways of doing it, the best way for me and the quickest seems to be Luas from The Square to Heuston station and then a bus from the side of Heuston straight to Maynooth.
How long does that take you? What time do you have to wake up at (if you goto the college)
30-05-2011, 21:39   #11
GarIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemasonry View Post
How long does that take you? What time do you have to wake up at (if you goto the college)
No I do it in the opposite direction for work, It usually takes me an hour 15 mins to an hour 45 mins max getting home (tallaght to maynooth), depending on the day and when the bus is, you should be the same because the traffic is going the opposite direstion to you. There's about 5 different routes from Heuston to Maynooth though and each one has a bus at least every hour, most are every 30 mins on weekdays so your never really waiting long. From Maynooth to Tallaght in the afternoon takes an hour and 20 mins max as when you get off the bus there's nearly always a luas there or one within 5 mins.
30-05-2011, 22:02   #12
the_syco
Syco Kitteh

As the OP is going to NUI Maynotth, I'm assuming that he's some sort of student...

An added bonus of the Tallaght - Connolly - Maynooth route is that you can get the student smartcard - http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...udent-Tickets/

Student 7 Day Bus and Luas €25.00 is a bargain, as it'll be €2.30 each way from Maynooth to Connolly Station if you pay for the bus. In 5 days you'll have nearly paid that the €25 in bus fare alone, never mind the LUAS. So you in essence get free LUAS (like, actual free LUAS ). You need a student travel card so check out http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...tudent-Travel/ for info.

Oh, and added bonus is that it can be used to get into town on the weekends (not for the nitelink, though).
30-05-2011, 22:11   #13
GarIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_syco View Post
As the OP is going to NUI Maynotth, I'm assuming that he's some sort of student...

An added bonus of the Tallaght - Connolly - Maynooth route is that you can get the student smartcard - http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...udent-Tickets/

Student 7 Day Bus and Luas €25.00 is a bargain, as it'll be €2.30 each way from Maynooth to Connolly Station if you pay for the bus. In 5 days you'll have nearly paid that the €25 in bus fare alone, never mind the LUAS. So you in essence get free LUAS (like, actual free LUAS ). You need a student travel card so check out http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...tudent-Travel/ for info.

Oh, and added bonus is that it can be used to get into town on the weekends (not for the nitelink, though).
Can you not get an all in one luas and bus ticket? they used to sell them from the luas terminals, I don't bother with any of that atm because I only do the journey once a week while im in school.
30-05-2011, 22:28   #14
the_syco
Syco Kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarIT View Post
Can you not get an all in one luas and bus ticket? they used to sell them from the luas terminals, I don't bother with any of that atm because I only do the journey once a week while im in school.
Yes. But if you get the student LUAS and bus ticket, it's usually cheaper.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion