Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-05-2011, 21:37   #1
sashafierce

Best curling iron/wand

My hairs naturally straight and im sick of wearing it the same everywhere, i tried curling it with a ghd but they only fall out, thats when i can do them properly at all! I heard about the curling wand, does anyone know the best one, how much and where i can get it? I prefer big curls and like ones that add volume and start up near my roots , kinda like this, though i know this will be hard to achieve myself

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/c...3&imageindex=6

my hairs about the same lenght!
Advertisement
25-05-2011, 23:11   #2
wmpdd3

I have this:

I have really straight hair and it will curl it and it lasts for atleast 3 days!

I use Tresemme curling spray too, just to dampening it, about 6 sprays through the hair.

The style you have shown is more relaxed, my hair would be vaguely simiilar to that on day 2, (curls starting around the nape of my neck)

you will burn your finger and it is really fiddly to use but it works!
(2) thanks from:
25-05-2011, 23:35   #3
sashafierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpdd3 View Post
I have this:

I have really straight hair and it will curl it and it lasts for atleast 3 days!

I use Tresemme curling spray too, just to dampening it, about 6 sprays through the hair.

The style you have shown is more relaxed, my hair would be vaguely simiilar to that on day 2, (curls starting around the nape of my neck)

you will burn your finger and it is really fiddly to use but it works!

thanks , i think that was the one i was looking at, can u do big curls with it? theres a babyliss one with a big barl too but i dunno which would be best
26-05-2011, 00:52   #4
Flurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashafierce View Post
thanks , i think that was the one i was looking at, can u do big curls with it? theres a babyliss one with a big barl too but i dunno which would be best
I'm looking for one with a big barrel too, so any suggestions would be great!

I have a skinnier one already, but it takes ages to do all my hair, and I find the curls a bit too tight for the first few hours.
Would prefer a bigger one for bigger looser curls. Hopefully it would take less time too!

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks
26-05-2011, 00:55   #5
The Lovely Muffin
Closed Account

I've heard the Remington Pearl Wand is very good, I've never used it myself though.

There was a thread here a while ago about curing wands with plenty of recommends within the thread, might be worth searching for it and having a look through it
Advertisement
26-05-2011, 10:47   #6
sashafierce

I dunno to get the babyliss glamour curls

http://www.babyliss.co.uk/stylers_2289u.html

or try the wand..

http://www.babyliss.co.uk/stylers_2285u.html

ive very long hair and i like thick-ish curls
26-05-2011, 12:07   #7
emzibob

hi op! The pic you showed looks to me more like a curly blowdry than done with a wand or curler but i have a press curler it's andrew colinge i think have it for years after my hairdresser used a carmen girls one: [http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4433776/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7C19805475%7CHair+care%7C14418399/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418399%7CHair+curlers+and+curling+tongs%7C23719045.htm} similar to it on my hair the curls last, it's literally monkey proof i can't go ghd curls to save my life and everyone always comments on my hair when i use it.
26-05-2011, 12:45   #8
sashafierce

i actually have a mary kate and ashley one from years ago but its kinda big curls i wanted! tight curls dont stay in my hair at all!
26-05-2011, 15:51   #9
Eviledna

I have the remington pearl wand and it's flippin fantastic. It does big loose curls that stay and leaves a great shine on my hair.
Sister has the babyliss one and it isn't as good imo, hair not as shiny. My hair which is normally dead straight will last curly for 2 days with no hairspray, 3 with. It's very reasonable too @~ €30.
Advertisement
26-05-2011, 18:31   #10
booboo88
Banned

I have same problem, my hair doesnt take to curls at all, if you find anything good let me know please
26-05-2011, 20:33   #11
newbee22

I have the Remington one too, it's fab and so easy to use!
26-05-2011, 21:45   #12
sashafierce

So i bought the babyliss glamour curls one there tonight in argos......rubbish! gonna bring it back tomorrow and forget about curls.....straight hair forever is what it looks like!
26-05-2011, 22:10   #13
honerbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashafierce View Post
So i bought the babyliss glamour curls one there tonight in argos......rubbish! gonna bring it back tomorrow and forget about curls.....straight hair forever is what it looks like!
Honestly, give the remmington pearl wand a shot. I have one myself and it's fab (and a lot of people in this thread seem to agree!). I curled up my hair today loosely and ran my fingers through to loosen it and the end result was similar to the pic you posted in your original post.
Give it a shot before you give up completely
Thanks from:
26-05-2011, 22:35   #14
sashafierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by honerbright View Post
Honestly, give the remmington pearl wand a shot. I have one myself and it's fab (and a lot of people in this thread seem to agree!). I curled up my hair today loosely and ran my fingers through to loosen it and the end result was similar to the pic you posted in your original post.
Give it a shot before you give up completely
Im gonna bring this one back and my cousin is a hairdresser and shes gonna suggest one for me! might get a remington one then! wrecking my head, all i want is a few lose curls!
28-05-2011, 18:38   #15
sashafierce

I bought the remington pearl wand! its amazing, highly recommend!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion