Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-05-2011, 17:15   #1
diddly3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 73
amazon.co.uk questions

has anyone here bought from amazon?
the site is dreadful and very cluttered.
im trying to buy the tritton ax720's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tritton-AX-...6253443&sr=8-3

but i keep gettin this message with no explanation as to why it cant be shipped.

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more
Changed quantities? Press
To delete an item change quantity to 0.

has anyone ordered from them before? if so, what is shippin policy's to ireland and how much?

cheers in advance.
diddly3000 is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2011, 19:16   #2
jack presley
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,876
Amazon do ship to Ireland but your item isn't being sold by Amazon directly. It's been sold by a 3rd party (Chiwawauk) who pay Amazon a fee to sell their gear on their site. It's them who won't ship to Ireland.

EDIT - Just noted it's 'fulfilled by Amazon' which means Amazon do the shipping so i don't know what's going on. I still think it is something to do with the 3rd party seller though

Last edited by jack presley; 24-05-2011 at 19:25.
jack presley is offline  
24-05-2011, 21:00   #3
jpmiddleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to jpmiddleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack presley View Post
Amazon do ship to Ireland but your item isn't being sold by Amazon directly. It's been sold by a 3rd party (Chiwawauk) who pay Amazon a fee to sell their gear on their site. It's them who won't ship to Ireland.

EDIT - Just noted it's 'fulfilled by Amazon' which means Amazon do the shipping so i don't know what's going on. I still think it is something to do with the 3rd party seller though
Even when Amazon do the shipping it is still up to the 3rd party as to whether they deliver to ROI or not though.
jpmiddleton is offline  
24-05-2011, 21:14   #4
yoshytoshy
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,268
A lot of items on amazon show the cheapest listing as the main one.
If you click on new available ,sometimes amazon's item will be hidden because they are more expensive.

I notice that your item is sold by amazon ,click on new available link under the item.
yoshytoshy is offline  
24-05-2011, 22:10   #5
jpmiddleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to jpmiddleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshytoshy View Post
A lot of items on amazon show the cheapest listing as the main one.
If you click on new available ,sometimes amazon's item will be hidden because they are more expensive.

I notice that your item is sold by amazon ,click on new available link under the item.
Even by doing this it still isn;t possible, it is just due to the type of product, not all things can be posted to Ireland.

Check the link below for more info' http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...24836&pop-up=1
jpmiddleton is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2011, 22:41   #6
yoshytoshy
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmiddleton View Post
Even by doing this it still isn;t possible, it is just due to the type of product, not all things can be posted to Ireland.

Check the link below for more info' http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...24836&pop-up=1
I just added the phones to my account and order went as far as credit card payment.

Check this LINK ,fourth item listing.
yoshytoshy is offline  
24-05-2011, 22:45   #7
jpmiddleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to jpmiddleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshytoshy View Post
I just added the phones to my account and order went as far as credit card payment.

Check this LINK ,fourth item listing.
Actually, I just tried again and had no problem this time with that option.
jpmiddleton is offline  
Thanks from:
24-05-2011, 22:49   #8
yoshytoshy
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmiddleton View Post
Actually, I just tried again and had no problem this time with that option.
It's always worth trying to buy a product on amazon ,I know they don't ship mp3 players. But they change their policies every now and again
yoshytoshy is offline  
25-05-2011, 11:50   #9
diddly3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack presley View Post
Amazon do ship to Ireland but your item isn't being sold by Amazon directly. It's been sold by a 3rd party (Chiwawauk) who pay Amazon a fee to sell their gear on their site. It's them who won't ship to Ireland.

EDIT - Just noted it's 'fulfilled by Amazon' which means Amazon do the shipping so i don't know what's going on. I still think it is something to do with the 3rd party seller though
perfect thanks for clearin that up. first time on the site didn't realise it was similar to e-bay
diddly3000 is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2011, 11:52   #10
diddly3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshytoshy View Post
I just added the phones to my account and order went as far as credit card payment.

Check this LINK ,fourth item listing.
i did the same thing cheers m8
diddly3000 is offline  
Thanks from:
26-05-2011, 00:02   #11
jpmiddleton
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to jpmiddleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshytoshy View Post
It's always worth trying to buy a product on amazon ,I know they don't ship mp3 players. But they change their policies every now and again
Do you know why they do this? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
jpmiddleton is offline  
27-05-2011, 16:30   #12
yoshytoshy
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmiddleton View Post
Do you know why they do this? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
I don't ,they seem to review their goods every now and again. Sometimes they stop shipping things and vice versa.
Recently people posted on bargain alerts about large TV's being shipped
yoshytoshy is offline  
27-05-2011, 16:48   #13
diddly3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 73
do they ship phones to ireland?
its a dreadful site to navigate imo needs a tidy up lol
diddly3000 is offline  
27-05-2011, 18:36   #14
Pixel8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Amazon is very cluttered, try using an Amazon affiliate site like http://store.digitaldomain.ie

That's a really nice one to browse and you can also do price tracking and save products for later etc.

It's mostly just computers, software and electronics that they do on that site...
Pixel8 is offline  
27-05-2011, 18:37   #15
Headshot
Registered User
 
Headshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 44,257
Im a huge fan of amazon from their cheap prices to the excellent postage speed, the best online retailer around
Headshot is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet