Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-02-2012, 13:16   #6946
ali85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyPants View Post
Well now, how silly do I feel for having a big moan during the week! Down 1 lb at WI whoop! My usual WI is tomorrow night, but I have a work thing on, so went to a meeting near work to get weighed today. Am delighted now with my 10 lbs off. I seem to keep saying this, but I'm definitely going to make new things, point everything & get off my butt more now this week, for fear of something catching up with me perhaps next week. Dear God, please help me actually follow through on this! :-)
Well done baileypants! Delighted for you....

I am determined to get through the rest of my old WW cookbook and start making some of the other recipes i have converted to PP. Some things look delish and like you say just to give a bit of change so as not to get bored.

You are doing sooooo well!!! 10lbs is brilliant.... 4 off the stone!!!
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 13:40   #6947
BaileyPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali85 View Post
Well done baileypants! Delighted for you....

I am determined to get through the rest of my old WW cookbook and start making some of the other recipes i have converted to PP. Some things look delish and like you say just to give a bit of change so as not to get bored.

You are doing sooooo well!!! 10lbs is brilliant.... 4 off the stone!!!
Thanks Ali! Sure you're the same yourself, actually more! Best of luck at WI tonight! Fingers crossed!
22-02-2012, 13:45   #6948
Baby75

Well done Baileypants don't worry you will do it!

ali85 good luck tonight! mine tomorrow hope I see a loss, I dont care how much just down is all I want!

Non scale victory! by my new scales my fat% has come down by 3% I also tried on a nightdress I got before chirstmas it was tight on me, but tried it on Monday night and it was lose yay! So although I've managed to lose 6.05 pounds since 19 of January which I'm very happy with but compared to the 12 my friend is down and 11.5 my sister down I'm a good bit slower LOL but I have noticed it in other ways, inches I must be toning up so for any one not seeing big losses but exercising as well, don't lose heart it will show

Working out your Goal!
Are you all picking a weight you feel comfortable with, or one that's recommended for your height!

I was around 8 and a half stone before kids but checking out BMI and ideal weight for my height 4ft 10 they are saying (6,13 to 7,5 ) stone for my height! I just could not ever picture being that weight, I mean that to me would have me skin and bone! but if I aim for around 9, it puts me in the over weight on BMI chart I hate that bloody BMI chart
Thanks from:
22-02-2012, 13:46   #6949
Baby75

recipes

some recipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNXe...ure=digest_tue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43oE...ure=digest_tue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGNy...ure=digest_tue
22-02-2012, 14:44   #6950
ali85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
Well done Baileypants don't worry you will do it!

ali85 good luck tonight! mine tomorrow hope I see a loss, I dont care how much just down is all I want!

Working out your Goal!
Are you all picking a weight you feel comfortable with, or one that's recommended for your height!

I was around 8 and a half stone before kids but checking out BMI and ideal weight for my height 4ft 10 they are saying (6,13 to 7,5 ) stone for my height! I just could not ever picture being that weight, I mean that to me would have me skin and bone! but if I aim for around 9, it puts me in the over weight on BMI chart I hate that bloody BMI chart
I am the same as you... I'm 5ft3. At the moment (at 163.5lb) my BMI is 29.0. So I am in the overweight category. My goal weight is 133lb (I think thats 9st 7lb) which would leave me at a BMI of 23.6. Still on the higher side of "normal" but if I want to wait and see if i want to go any lower than that. Like you say... skin and bone... no women in my family are built to be size 6!!! I was so young having my dd (17) so I was still quite slim around the 10st mark. The weight soon piled on and by the time I was 20 I was almost 15st...

Those BMI charts are just nuts! Don't get me wrond I would love to be in the "normal" range but once I'm happier and healthier I really couldn't give a flying flahulac!!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 15:06   #6951
Baby75

Quote:
I am the same as you... I'm 5ft3. At the moment (at 163.5lb) my BMI is 29.0. So I am in the overweight category. My goal weight is 133lb (I think thats 9st 7lb) which would leave me at a BMI of 23.6. Still on the higher side of "normal" but if I want to wait and see if i want to go any lower than that. Like you say... skin and bone... no women in my family are built to be size 6!!! I was so young having my dd (17) so I was still quite slim around the 10st mark. The weight soon piled on and by the time I was 20 I was almost 15st...

Those BMI charts are just nuts! Don't get me wrond I would love to be in the "normal" range but once I'm happier and healthier I really couldn't give a flying flahulac!!!
Your right I'm thinking it will be how I feel in clothes, more when I hit a certain size bracket again, 10 to 12 oh to have a 28 inch waist again I will see how I get on, but being healthier is my main aim!
I think a woman should have curves not be skin and bone, I think that weight would be very child like! so not me LOL
22-02-2012, 15:42   #6952
Dee01

Down 4lbs this week. To say I am delighted is an understatement. I gave it my all this week so I was expecting a loss, but was worried my valentines disaster might catch up with me. I have two meals this weekend so will have to be extra careful. Well done in the losses, keep it up
22-02-2012, 16:15   #6953
RachaelFergie

Didn't go to wi cos I knew I'd be up!! Just wolfed(as If I had never eaten in my life) a packed of chic chip cookies, about 7 at 2pp each!! Have a meal out this weekend and feeling ever so sorry for myself just can't seem to stay on the feckin horse(the ww one I mean)!!

I have a wedding in Portugal in 14 weeks and need to loose a stone at least! Please if anyone has any help or advice ESP bout controling cravings I would really appreciate
22-02-2012, 17:47   #6954
ShindyB

Had loads of fruit topped with yogurt for brekkie, rice cakes with cream cheese and smoked salmon for lunch (and a few sneaky homemade chips!!) and having haddock with steamed green beans, brocolli and carrots for dinner. OH got me a loop the loop ice pop to enjoy later and I intend to relish every bit of it! Hope everyone's doing ok. All of your weight losses are keeping me fired up!

Aiming to do another 5km run in March, on Paddy's Day to be exact! Then gonna aim for the mini marathon in June! Never thought I'd be a runner!
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 17:47   #6955
Carolineonecat

Hi folks ,new really to The thread but get a lot from it ..I put on half a pound this week but discovered something I thought was low in points was not !!! Too late !!
Good luck everyone
22-02-2012, 19:03   #6956
Baby75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee01 View Post
Down 4lbs this week. To say I am delighted is an understatement. I gave it my all this week so I was expecting a loss, but was worried my valentines disaster might catch up with me. I have two meals this weekend so will have to be extra careful. Well done in the losses, keep it up
Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelFergie View Post
Didn't go to wi cos I knew I'd be up!! Just wolfed(as If I had never eaten in my life) a packed of chic chip cookies, about 7 at 2pp each!! Have a meal out this weekend and feeling ever so sorry for myself just can't seem to stay on the feckin horse(the ww one I mean)!!

I have a wedding in Portugal in 14 weeks and need to loose a stone at least! Please if anyone has any help or advice ESP bout controling cravings I would really appreciate
My advice, is dont buy them! not great I know but that's how I manage, mind you I love the ww eclairs I leave them in the freezer and take out one when I fancy one, I let it defrost a little but enough that you have to eat it slow by then I'm satisfied! works well with other treats like curly wurly at least if you went mad and ate two its 6 rather than 14 put them in the ice box as well eat slower then the craving just leaves you, also I find chopped banana with a ww yogurt over it works a treat and fills me up, grapes as well, go for them first, see if that fixes the snack attack.
at the end of the day, its how much you want it! have you an out fit for that wedding yet! may be put a picture on your fridge/press reminding you what you want to achieve! aim for that!

Good luck
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 19:37   #6957
RachaelFergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
Well done

My advice, is dont buy them! not great I know but that's how I manage, mind you I love the ww eclairs I leave them in the freezer and take out one when I fancy one, I let it defrost a little but enough that you have to eat it slow by then I'm satisfied! works well with other treats like curly wurly at least if you went mad and ate two its 6 rather than 14 put them in the ice box as well eat slower then the craving just leaves you, also I find chopped banana with a ww yogurt over it works a treat and fills me up, grapes as well, go for them first, see if that fixes the snack attack.
at the end of the day, its how much you want it! have you an out fit for that wedding yet! may be put a picture on your fridge/press reminding you what you want to achieve! aim for that!

Good luck

Thanks Hun, I never buy anything for my house over 3 pts (like curly worleys or 15g popcorn) it's the biscuit tin in work
I just can't avoid!! I wouldn't mind but I had an apple just b4 the binge today I wasnt even hungry!! Just going to put it behind me and try again tomorrow

Last edited by RachaelFergie; 22-02-2012 at 19:38. Reason: I can't spell!!! :)
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 19:45   #6958
ali85

Just back from WI... down 2.5lb! really happy after STS last week but.... i had 3 to my stone... ragin in that respect but 13.5lb down in 7 weeks is definitely nothing to be sniffed at... I know I will get my stone next week...

I am now officially 11st 7lb....
22-02-2012, 19:48   #6959
Danii86

Quote:
Just back from WI... down 2.5lb! really happy after STS last week but.... i had 3 to my stone... ragin in that respect but 13.5lb down in 7 weeks is definitely nothing to be sniffed at... I know I will get my stone next week...

I am now officially 11st 7lb....
Omg thats brill well done!!! Almost a stone in 7weeks is fab!!! Go you!!!!
22-02-2012, 20:27   #6960
RachaelFergie

Anyone watching operation transformation? I'm actually bawlin crying! Id love to feel like I have achieved what they have!! Think that's my major kick up the ass!!
Thanks from:
Thread Closed