It has been with great interest that I have read down through the various 'messages' in this thread. To clarify I am the person in question who asked her lovely brother's partner to write some prayers of the faithful.
1. The service that is going to take place is called a con-validation service which after having been granted the required dispensation I am having the marriage to my wonderful muslim husband blessed as per the rules of my Catholic Religion. No this is not against the rules of my religion in any way shape or form as the required permission has been given by the bishop.
2. There are various things that must happen before that ceremony can take place the last of which is for me to take confession all the others have been done and the required documents signed and produced.
3. The liturgy of the word must come from the Bible and cannot come from other books, documents etc.
4. Later in the service 'appropriate' wording from the Koran, maybe something from Khalil Gibran can be used as a reflection
5. It is not against my husband's religion to marry me because as someone pointed out in one of the messsages as a Christian I am of the book and therefore a Muslim man may marry me.
I am not going to address the variety of other issues that were brought up under people's own agendas.
Love can bring us on wonderous journeys and my journey brought me to Egypt and to my husband. Like every marriage it will have its ups and downs there will be times because of cultural or religious reasons we will not agree with each other but by the Grace of God (the God that both Christians and Muslims believe in) and through honesty, respect and communication we will prevail.
God bless you and keep you all and whatever your beliefs be open to the miracles that God will provide you with