Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm worried, the show is in ratings freefall...... :(
    The last 5-6 eps. have seen a major downward trajectory....reaching a series low of 2.1 last night :(

Early part of this and all last season it scores anywhere between 3.6 - 3.0....dunno wtf is going on, the show aint cheap....it needs a certain average.
    i'm confident of a third season, but beyond that........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

DeWitt wrote: »
    I may or may not have spammed my tumblr dash with like 50 different posts of that one picture.

Hang on, are you me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The last picture there is anyone else thinking "Kiss Her".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I really don't get these ships where the characters clearly aren't meant to be shipped, especially the gay ones when the characters aren't, but I must say I do find Swan Queen one of the most amusing ones. :)

I saw at Paley Fest that Colin O'Donoghue said he'd broken his leg 7 weeks ago, and I wondered if that was why Hook had been featured so little after they brought him to Storybrooke, but I just read today that he's not going to be in any episodes now for a few weeks. I guess it takes him quite a while to get out of NY without his ship. Poor guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
    Jesus, will Regina ever catch a fcuking break? And you know what she'll probably never get her revenge on Snow. THIS SHOW!!
    Sorry, but I'm firmly aboard team Regina. She's literally all alone now. She has no one :'(

• Advertisement

Hang on, are you me?

:D
    We're everywhere.
    Swan Queen FTW!

And in this one someone photoshopped the knife away so it looks like love

tumblr_mj5oulTrfk1rf9ttjo1_500.png

Pity it's probably a stranglehold or something. Although it looks like Emma's holding kinda loosely for a stranglehold.
    It was like blink and you'll miss it. Those Once producers know how to bait us SwanQueen shippers.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
    Jesus, will Regina ever catch a fcuking break? And you know what she'll probably never get her revenge on Snow. THIS SHOW!!
    Sorry, but I'm firmly aboard team Regina. She's literally all alone now. She has no one :'(

She still has Hook, I can see Rumple being her dad though, bet he pulled a switcharoo.

Then she'll be Henry's Step-Grandmother, Mother and aunt. LOL!

Then she'll be Henry's Step-Grandmother, Mother and aunt. LOL!

Take that to paternity court! You're just his biological mother, Emma, I'm every other female relation he could possibly have. Case closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

For a horrible minute I was under the impression that Eva was Henry Senior's sister or something. That would have made things even more complicated. She was just a visiting royal, right?

Anyway, I was most unimpressed by the koala hug and the subsequent throwing of Regina across the room. And, while I don't think anyone was surprised that Cora bit the dust, having Regina be the one who technically killed her is just not on! Is it any wonder she's a bit mental? She only had like two seconds of having a loving mother for her entire life!

• Advertisement

Anyway, I was most unimpressed by the koala hug and the subsequent throwing of Regina across the room. And, while I don't think anyone was surprised that Cora bit the dust, having Regina be the one who technically killed her is just not on! Is it any wonder she's a bit mental? She only had like two seconds of having a loving mother for her entire life!

What bothers me is that while the "good guys" are busy piling this endless crap on Regina, they're also busy bending over backwards for Gold, who is, in my opinion, far worse than Regina.
    I mean, was Regina even all that bad before Emma showed up and started poking her? (figuratively, calm down, shippers ;) ) I know she did the spell, but she was manipulated into it, right? If the two main influences you had in your life were Cora and Rumple, I mean... she could be a lot worse. I don't even like Regina that much, but they are seriously pushing it with how much crap they can throw at her from these so called good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What bothers me is that while the "good guys" are busy piling this endless crap on Regina, they're also busy bending over backwards for Gold, who is, in my opinion, far worse than Regina.
    I mean, was Regina even all that bad before Emma showed up and started poking her? (figuratively, calm down, shippers ;) ) I know she did the spell, but she was manipulated into it, right? If the two main influences you had in your life were Cora and Rumple, I mean... she could be a lot worse. I don't even like Regina that much, but they are seriously pushing it with how much crap they can throw at her from these so called good guys.

Yeah never really got the status quo in Storybrook at the start of the story since Regina really hated Snow but never did anything too her (or anyone else in town) until Emma arrived. She didn't even seem that bad a mother to Henry.

One thing that Gold has going for him is that he's never tried to hurt or kill any of the good guys since he arrived in Storybrook. While in the same time Regina has killed,attempted to kill, imprisoned, and framed for murder some of the good guys.

One thing that Gold has going for him is that he's never tried to hurt or kill any of the good guys since he arrived in Storybrook. While in the same time Regina has killed,attempted to kill, imprisoned, and framed for murder some of the good guys.

But was that just because it didn't serve his purpose to kill anyone? He wanted the curse broken so was quite happy to sit back and let Emma and the two idiots get on with it. Regina didn't want it broken, so she tried to stop them. I doubt it's been out of the goodness of his heart that he hasn't killed anyone.

Also what I don't get is that they'd have been pretty happy to be rid of "the dark one", the only objection they had to Cora doing it was that she wanted to become the dark one herself, so then Hook comes along and finds a way to get rid of him without becoming the dark one himself, so what do they do? They lock him in a cupboard, steal his ship and race back to town to save him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

For a horrible minute I was under the impression that Eva was Henry Senior's sister or something. That would have made things even more complicated. She was just a visiting royal, right?

Eva (or Ava?) is Snows mother. David said it to her in Storybrooke where he mentioned "Queen Eva" when talking about Snow's mother. Thats what I understood from it.

Yeah, you gotta root for Regina now which is what is making this show so wonderful to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

This season has been poor. The last few episodes have gotten much better but there was points I considered not watching any more.

I hate Snow, Prince Charming and Emma however, I equally hate Regina and Cora. I think the story line is becoming a bit stale with far too many plotholes. I dont get why Regina and Cora didnt use more of their magic i.e. Snow manages to run across town, get the heart. Why didnt Regina just magic her way over straight away? Is she really that stupid to put the heart back in her Mam?

Saying that, it is set up nicely for an ending where Regina is evil again. I would like her to be banished next season and a new villain come in. I do want Prince Charming to die. I was liking Snow doing something morally wrong and think she would make a good villain. I am presuming next season is based on the real world looking in at Storybrooke and them dealing with it.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Saying that, it is set up nicely for an ending where Regina is evil again. I would like her to be banished next season and a new villain come in. I do want Prince Charming to die. I was liking Snow doing something morally wrong and think she would make a good villain. I am presuming next season is based on the real world looking in at Storybrooke and them dealing with it.

The titles of the last 2 episodes this season suggest they're heading to Neverland. Now maybe it'll just be in the flashbacks or maybe next season will start like this one, with them all in a different world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Some rather disturbing and very spoilery casting news - you are warned!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/03/intelligence-ouats-meghan-ory-cast-in.html

Is she really that stupid to put the heart back in her Mam?

How was it stupid?

Why would she doubt Snow who has never done anything 'evil'? She knows Snow and doesnt think she would be capable of doing that. I can understand why Regina fell for it. Is Regina even aware of the candle magic thing? (From what we have seen, only Cora, Rumple & Snow know about it). It seems perfectly plausible and fitting in with Snow's character that she would suggest for Regina to return her heart to her mother. So why wouldn't Regina believe her?

Some rather disturbing and very spoilery casting news - you are warned!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/03/intelligence-ouats-meghan-ory-cast-in.html

It's a pilot, so no guarantee it'll be picked up, and even if it is it's the same studio, so they can have her come back to OUAT every now and then if they need her. But based on how little she's featured this season I doubt it'd be that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

How was it stupid?

Why would she doubt Snow who has never done anything 'evil'? She knows Snow and doesnt think she would be capable of doing that. I can understand why Regina fell for it. Is Regina even aware of the candle magic thing? (From what we have seen, only Cora, Rumple & Snow know about it). It seems perfectly plausible and fitting in with Snow's character that she would suggest for Regina to return her heart to her mother. So why wouldn't Regina believe her?

Regina has never believed or trusted (apart from the stable boy) Snow before.
    Regina and Cora had Rumples dagger which Snow wanted them not to use.
    Regina considers Snow to be an enemy.

If I was Regina, I would not go with what Snow says. I think the question is more, why would Regina believe her?

• Advertisement

If I was Regina, I would not go with what Snow says. I think the question is more, why would Regina believe her?
    Because what she wants more than anything is to be loved. Snow planted just enough doubt in her mind in regards to her mother's intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I thought this week's episode was mostly very good, best one in a while. Rose McGowan as young Cora was excellent, she really showed the gulf in acting ability compared to most of the show's regulars, who do a decent job but rarely do anything special (Robert Carlyle aside).

There's still around 6 episodes left in this season, wonder what direction it will go now. I hope August/Pinocchio makes a return at some stage, he was an interesting character.

There's still around 6 episodes left in this season, wonder what direction it will go now. I hope August/Pinocchio makes a return at some stage, he was an interesting character.

He has to come back. We still dont know how he knew Neil was Baelfire!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Art monster

Hey anyone have any up coming spoilers for Season 2 Episode 17? :D I honestly thing this show is getting better and better!

Hey anyone have any up coming spoilers for Season 2 Episode 17? :D I honestly thing this show is getting better and better!

I agree. I feel season 2 is really getting stronger. I think 4 seasons is the max that this show can go to though (3 might be better)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Art monster

I agree. I feel season 2 is really getting stronger. I think 4 seasons is the max that this show can go to though (3 might be better)

yeah I agree, cause I know some shows tend to go on seasons and seasons then they start to loose that appeal that it had when it first started.
    But isnt it normally when the show starts to get really popular they start to push for more seasons? Well I will happy if it reaches to a third season anyway :)

Most shows make a deal for 5 seasons initially. So if it stays popular ABC will hold them to that contract. If it's still super popular they'll renegotiate contracts after that for more seasons, usually 1 or 2 at a time.

If the ratings fall off a huge amount the studio can pull the plug before the 5 seasons is up. The show runners don't have a lot of say in how long it goes on for, usually. They can quit if they want but the studio will just replace them if they want to keep a show going.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hate Snow, Prince Charming and Emma however, I equally hate Regina and Cora. I think the story line is becoming a bit stale with far too many plotholes. I dont get why Regina and Cora didnt use more of their magic i.e. Snow manages to run across town, get the heart. Why didnt Regina just magic her way over straight away? Is she really that stupid to put the heart back in her Mam?

My understanding is that when we saw Snow looking for the heart, it was taking place the same time as what was happening in the shop and the moment Snow finds the heart is the same time Cora feels it and sends Regina to get it. In the time it took her to tell Regina, Snow had lit the candle and cast the spell.

It wasn't too clear, but is Rumpel Regina's dad? At first I thought yes, but then after what Cora said to him, it made me think otherwise.

Given his powers I wouldn't be surprised to find out Rumple had at some stage taken on the likeness of Prince Henry to get it on with Cora, Reginas character is one of the most powerful evil fairytale villains and this would explain things having Cora and Rumple as her parents, it would also throw up a big time Jerry Springer special for the season 2 closer episode.:pac:

• Advertisement

Here you go. Some interesting bits from TVline :http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Spoilers-1062819.aspx

Advertisement