Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

08-05-2011, 21:41   #16
Dudess
Closed Account

He's not a convicted sex offender and he got his manhood out in a semi-conscious state - it's not like he was intentionally flashing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-05-2011, 22:15   #17
Show Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNK1982 View Post
Neil Prendeville has a loyal band of ass ignorant followers and he owns a stake in the radio station so he was always going get back on the airways.

Just cos no one died we should move on?!?

Maybe every sex offender should be pardoned as long as no one dies.....
Neil is box office and tells it as it is. UTV are the main owners of 96FM and did sack Neil when the scandal broke first but to their credit took a chance on putting him back on air which has worked out for the best.
08-05-2011, 22:29   #18
evilivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Time View Post
No a journalist from a Cork paper claimed he did.
As did the cabin crew who also gave statements to the Gardai. He wasn't prosecuted because of a juristiction issue.
Thanks from:
08-05-2011, 22:40   #19
Show Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilivor View Post
As did the cabin crew who also gave statements to the Gardai. He wasn't prosecuted because of a juristiction issue.
In the eyes of the law he is a innocent man.
08-05-2011, 22:51   #20
dave1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudess View Post

I laughed the other day - heard him on the work canteen radio talking about "those awful dreams when you're naked in public". Hmmm... Nearly admired his neck to make himself a sitting target like that!

That was epic of all people to say it
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2011, 09:39   #21
BUNK1982

I could go on a diatrabe here but if the people of Cork are happy to listen to the bigoted and ill informed ramblings of alleged sex pest on his soap box then that is their right entirely.

I'm just disappointed is all.

Neil is very lucky to have a loyal following to give him a helping HAND
09-05-2011, 09:51   #22
Show Time

Don't know what all the fuss is about. It's not like he is working for the national radio station and ingesting large amounts of Bolivian marching powder up his nose.
09-05-2011, 23:15   #23
overmantle

I Haven't Listened To Him For Years

He's not exactly on the National Airwaves - it's a local station with a limited number of followers. I've always considered him to be a rather dim individual who is consumed by his own importance. Whatever may or may not have happened on an airplane hasn't influenced me one way or the other. I didn't listen to him before and I don't intend listening to him now.
The one difficulty I have, however, is when I enter a local shop or business and his show is blaring. It's a bit like noisy neighbours imposing their dodgy taste in music on others who have no interest in that particular type of music. If they want to listen to it, let them off but don't expect others to be subjected to that trash.
10-05-2011, 02:26   #24
Show Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by overmantle View Post
He's not exactly on the National Airwaves - it's a local station with a limited number of followers. I've always considered him to be a rather dim individual who is consumed by his own importance. Whatever may or may not have happened on an airplane hasn't influenced me one way or the other. I didn't listen to him before and I don't intend listening to him now.
The one difficulty I have, however, is when I enter a local shop or business and his show is blaring. It's a bit like noisy neighbours imposing their dodgy taste in music on others who have no interest in that particular type of music. If they want to listen to it, let them off but don't expect others to be subjected to that trash.
Neil has been pulling in great numbers for years and it is hardly "limited numbers" when most of Cork is tuned in to him in the mornings.
Advertisement
10-05-2011, 02:31   #25
finbarrk

Suppose he was lucky with that juristriction thing.
10-05-2011, 11:47   #26
scifi77

Not so sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Time View Post
Neil has been pulling in great numbers for years and it is hardly "limited numbers" when most of Cork is tuned in to him in the mornings.
I admit I'm living in Dublin but I have to disagree. I spend quite a bit of time in Cork and have a number of contacts in Cork, everyone of whom seems to have no time for the man and give out about the kind of tactics he resorts to to try to pull in ratings. This was long before the controversy last year.

Since first reading this thread, I've been talking to a friend in Cork. He says that Prendeville appears to have a limited number of loyal followers but that the vast majority of people have little or no time for the man and don't listen to his show.

Any local station, is bound to have 'limited numbers', especially when everybody in that local area is clearly not listening to that one station. What about RTE Radio 1, 2FM, 103 FM, Red Fm, Newstalk, 4FM, to name but a few. You mean nobody in Cork is listening to any of them in the morning...? I really don't think that's likely.
Thanks from:
10-05-2011, 11:50   #27
scifi77

Today FM

Sorry, How could I have forgotten Today FM? That is also a channel with a significant number of listeners, not to mention all the other local channels in Cork.
10-05-2011, 11:52   #28
sok2005

It's a business not a charity, if he wasn't listened to and didn't pull in the numbers he simply would not have been re-employed.
10-05-2011, 11:54   #29
dave1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok2005 View Post
It's a business not a charity, if he wasn't listened to and didn't pull in the numbers he simply would not have been re-employed.
Says it all really
10-05-2011, 12:10   #30
scifi77

Not so sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok2005 View Post
Am I right in saying that Prendeville has a stake in the Radio station? If he has, then I'm afraid it's not as simple as you suggest. I gather he also had a stake in another business (which shall remain nameless) but was asked not to appear there, as the public were turning away in their droves.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed