Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2011, 17:42   #1
themick

Wrestling Podcasts

hey,can anyone recommened any good wrestling podcasts to listen to??...if anyone looks at wrestlezones chair shot reality,im lookin for that type of show like that

bit light hearted but with intersting debates. cheers
Advertisement
24-04-2011, 17:43   #2
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themick View Post
hey,can anyone recommened any good wrestling podcasts to listen to??...if anyone looks at wrestlezones chair shot reality,im lookin for that type of show like that

bit light hearted but with intersting debates. cheers
If it was up to date (and yes kinda biased cos its association with boards PW) thebostoncrab.net's podcast is always a good listen.
(2) thanks from:
24-04-2011, 17:50   #3
jaykhunter

live audio wrestling and it's companion piece Review-a-Wai are the best wrestling podcasts available. All free. Superficial and in-depth reviews with excellent thought-provoking discussion. And it's very entertaining. John Pollock is the man!

I can't recommend it highly enough.

I also listen to Wrestling Observer but it's very off-topic, Alvarez opts reviewing (eg iMPACT) for talking about his cats. Funny i guess but not if I want to actually know what happened. Horrible re-listen value.

Link to Review-a-Wai's facebook page - guarantee you'll get the best use out of this!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4380883&v=info

Weekly in-depth review of an old PPV. Tomorrow morning's episode is ECW Barely Legal. In the tab are links to all the old eps. John & Wai also review RAW and iMPACT every week, highly recommend listening to them aswell, especially iMPACT. It's hilarious.

Last edited by jaykhunter; 24-04-2011 at 17:55.
Thanks from:
24-04-2011, 18:03   #4
Charisteas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhunter View Post
live audio wrestling and it's companion piece Review-a-Wai are the best wrestling podcasts available.
+1

Been listening to the LAW for around 5 years now, excellent podcast.
24-04-2011, 18:15   #5
Diabhal Beag
Known cowboy

Mod: GMIT
Just Wrestling Observer Radio. Has Meltzer on there as much as Alvarez tries to make it an unbearable listen its very good.
Advertisement
24-04-2011, 19:29   #6
Charisteas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabhal Beag View Post
Just Wrestling Observer Radio. Has Meltzer on there as much as Alvarez tries to make it an unbearable listen its very good.
Is that free, or do you have to subscribe?
24-04-2011, 20:42   #7
Diabhal Beag
Known cowboy

Mod: GMIT
Every 2nd Tuesday its free but you get them all if you sub. You also get a rake of other shows on wrestling/MMA/indy stuff. You also get the newsletters online and access to their forum for $10.99 a month I think.
24-04-2011, 20:44   #8
jaykhunter

Does anyone know of a podcast that does a decent roundup of the lesser shows (SmackDown, NXT, Superstars or Tough Enough) ?
25-04-2011, 11:30   #9
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
Going to say one great one is Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling. It's typically just Colt sitting down and interviewing people, but some are really fun. Top examples are CM Punk, Luke Gallows, Iron Sheik and Even Bourne.

There's 39 of them to check out so far...
http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2011, 12:36   #10
jmolloy

www.totalwrestlingshow.com
www.ministryofslam.com

2 very good podcasts. total wrestling show does very in depth reviews of PPV's and shows
27-04-2011, 21:08   #11
themick

cheers lads for suggwstions...loving the live audio wrestling and reveiw a raw/impact..it was exactly type of thing i was looking for.....any more suggestions are welcome
27-04-2011, 23:44   #12
Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhunter View Post
Does anyone know of a podcast that does a decent roundup of the lesser shows (SmackDown, NXT, Superstars or Tough Enough) ?
Give it a go, yerself?
28-04-2011, 00:11   #13
Vince135792003

I've been a subscriber to figure four/wrestling observer online since day 1. I could not recommend it highly enough.

The pro wrestling torch does audio everyday on blog talk with Wade Keller. He's not everyones cup of tea but he's been covering wrestling for 2 decdes and his podcasts with Burce Mitchell are particularly good.

Joe versus the world - Joe Gagne does sporadic podcasts on a variety of wrestling subjects. I would particularly recommend the history of Wrestlemania ones. They are both funny and very easy to listen to.
28-04-2011, 07:17   #14
Garseys

I'd recommend Monday Night Mayhem got the likes of Jim Molineux, Kevin Kelly, Eric Bischoff and Scott Hudson doing pieces for them. Also got some great interviews each week aswell as usually an in depth look at ROH.
28-04-2011, 17:41   #15
jaykhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Give it a go, yerself?
lol thanks for the vote of confidence I don't have time/care enough to add these shows to the week let alone take notes/collate/record/upload etc but I'd like to hear about them in a podcast that said i'm trying to get my own old school wrestling vodcast off the ground

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion