Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2011, 10:47   #421
Viber

In general, there are *some* known problems with Viber syncing contacts that have been imported from an external source, but definitely not a crash.

May I ask just how many contacts were synced?
Also - are you using a custom ROM?
Lastly - does your phone/SIM contain NO contacts at all? they're ALL on stored on the Google account?
Advertisement
04-09-2011, 12:33   #422
Deadly Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
May I ask just how many contacts were synced?
Also - are you using a custom ROM?
Lastly - does your phone/SIM contain NO contacts at all? they're ALL on stored on the Google account?
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

1. There are approx 200 contacts
2. It's not a custom ROM
3. They are all from my google account, I prefer this way in case I lose the phone or damage the SIM.

I've had it like this for quite a while so I was thinking it might have been a change in the last viber udate. Not sure though, it only seemed to start causing problems in the last week.

Cheers for your help. And great work, it's a fantastic app. Usually...
04-09-2011, 13:06   #423
Viber

Thanks for the info, we'll investigate the problem.
May I also ask for your device, and exact Android version?
04-09-2011, 13:40   #424
irishpancake

Speaker workaround for Viber on OSF/Blade

Just thought I'd share this Viber workaround for Blade running Swedish Spring, where sound is being routed to the speaker:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/3348...st__p__1794565

Quote:
Stumbled upon a solution (works for me, at least). After turning the phone on, or after reboot, just open "FM Radio" app, without connecting the headphones => close the app => the sound during the talk on Viber will now be routed to the earpiece, as it should. It will work until the next reboot, then the FM Radio must be open again for Viber to work properly. Why is this effective - beats me, but it works like a charm!
This works, I have verified on my Blade, with SS 5/Gen2.

It is best to re-boot initially, close/exit Viber, run FM Radio App, close it again, restart Viber then Viber Calls, incoming and outgoing, route to phone ear-piece, and will stick until next re-boot.

This even survives exiting Viber again, to prevent Battery drain, and starting as required.

Of course, on phone re-boot, you need to repeat procedure.

Probably not elegant, but workable solution.
Thanks from:
04-09-2011, 19:15   #425
The_Thing

Have just installed Viber on my Vodafone Smart 858 which is running the debranded ROM found here ->http://android.modaco.com/topic/3413...i-u8160-froyo/

I don't have a sim in the phone, I'm using my wi-fi connection and texts are coming and going OK. Sound quality on a call was a bit choppy at first, but seemed to improve, then the call ended unexpectedly.

Is there a limit to the length of a free call?
Advertisement
05-09-2011, 08:01   #426
Viber

Not as far as we're concerned. A Viber call can last as long as you want (as long as the other side agrees lol)
05-09-2011, 08:50   #427
Viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Delta View Post
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

1. There are approx 200 contacts
2. It's not a custom ROM
3. They are all from my google account, I prefer this way in case I lose the phone or damage the SIM.

I've had it like this for quite a while so I was thinking it might have been a change in the last viber udate. Not sure though, it only seemed to start causing problems in the last week.

Cheers for your help. And great work, it's a fantastic app. Usually...
05-09-2011, 14:59   #428
Deadly Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
It's an XPERIA X8, running Android 2.1.
20-09-2011, 17:21   #429
newtoandroid

Vodafone.ie blocking customers from using Viber?

Downloaded Viber to my Smartphone but have only been able to use it once or twice as I keep getting the message 'Viber service is currently unavailable or being blocked. Please try again later. Place regular call instead?'
Advertisement
20-09-2011, 18:45   #430
brian ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoandroid View Post
Downloaded Viber to my Smartphone but have only been able to use it once or twice as I keep getting the message 'Viber service is currently unavailable or being blocked. Please try again later. Place regular call instead?'
That happen me once or twice. I think it was down to no 3g signal. I am with 3 btw
20-09-2011, 22:32   #431
eoferrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoandroid View Post
doesn't block me and I am on vodafone
26-09-2011, 22:41   #432
Sneachta

Is there no way to tell which contacts are online? Tis a bit pointless calling someone if they won't hear it or won't get text message till online again.
Thanks from:
27-09-2011, 12:56   #433
Viber

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late response. :/

@Deadly Delta - We haven't yet tested Viber on Xperia X8. Since the Android OS covers a large array of devices we are working around the clock on testing Viber on different devices. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into this matter. We are about to release a new, more stable version in few weeks and would be happy to know if it has resolved your issue. Thank you!

@newtoandroid - You might want to check this thread in order to get some answers: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...did=2056398786

@Sneachta - This feature is highly requested and it's being discussed at the moment for future releases.
Meanwhile, note that when you make a Viber call, if it says "Ringing..", it means the other side's phone is literally ringing, meaning they're online. If it only says "Calling..", it probably means they're offline.

Same for messaging - if you send a text and you see the "✔" sign, it means the message has been received at the other side's phone (he's online). If you only see the arrow sign, it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment).

Think of Viber as a "substitute" to your real phone. When you call/text someone, you're not sure if they are currently available or not. Right?

Thanks,
Viber Team
12-10-2011, 12:43   #434
k123456

Hi Viber, is likey that Viber can be moved to SD card, at any stage
12-10-2011, 15:23   #435
Viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by k123456 View Post
Hi Viber, is likey that Viber can be moved to SD card, at any stage
It is certainly a future plan of ours, but at this stage we don't know wen it will be developed unfortunately
We still have other critical tasks prioritized before the option to move to SD card.

EDIT: I'd like to correct myself - there is *some* support for SD cards on our new version, however not full support.
Please try it out and let us know if it works now when installed on your SD.

Last edited by Viber; 12-10-2011 at 17:01.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion