Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-05-2011, 10:48   #16
Keedowah

Very sorry to hear that - glad someone got arrested.

My wife's bike was stolen from an underground carpark in our apartment block a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they got in and had a bit of a free for all in there - loads of locks cut around the place now.

She hasn't had any help from the management company (they have camera's dotted around the place) and she has had no joy in getting in contact with the garda dealing with the case.

Hope you have better luck.
Advertisement
13-05-2011, 10:48   #17
Jmcmen

Hi All,
Friday the 13th stuck last night.
I had my 3 bikes stolen off my 1st floor balcony.
Neighbour seen it at 2.30am, rang Garda, got one bike back and arrested one guy. Going to press charges. Found bolt cutter down below at the scene.
Will know more when the arresting garda is back on duty tonight.

Missing is a Focus Superbud double suspension MB. Predometly red with some black and white forks.

Also a Blue Claude Butler racer. Probably worth feck all but the one of the 2 missing I can't replace. Alot of fond memories on this beauty, my first +200km, first tri, College commuting. Devo over her. RIP Old Bluey

No house insurance as renting and never got around to getting contents only. Yes I know I am an idiot.

Any info or sightings I would be very grateful.

Things to learn for all, The bigger the better on the lock, Scum can climb and if your renting make sure your contents are covered under your lanlords insurance or get your own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1190025.JPG (1.05 MB, 343 views)
13-05-2011, 10:50   #18
Jmcmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
How did they get them down? Did they lower them somehow or just drop them?
Not sure at all. They would give me my bike in the station this morning so I couldn't tell if there was much damage
13-05-2011, 11:39   #19
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcmen View Post
if your renting make sure your contents are covered under your lanlords insurance
Just to highlight, your landlord's insurance cannot cover your possessions unless your landlord is also a member of your immediate family. As a renter, if you do not have contents insurance, then your possessions are not insured.

Also, if you are housesharing each renter should have their own policy as nobody else's policy can cover your stuff.

For bikes specifically, ring your insurer to make sure that they're covered if you're leaving them outside on a balcony.

Sorry to hear about your bikes. Hopefully as they've caught them so quickly, they may be able to find out where the other two went. Whereabouts did this happen?

Last edited by seamus; 13-05-2011 at 11:41.
Thanks from:
13-05-2011, 15:30   #20
Jmcmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedowah View Post
Very sorry to hear that - glad someone got arrested.

My wife's bike was stolen from an underground carpark in our apartment block a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they got in and had a bit of a free for all in there - loads of locks cut around the place now.

She hasn't had any help from the management company (they have camera's dotted around the place) and she has had no joy in getting in contact with the garda dealing with the case.

Hope you have better luck.
Ah thats a pity to hear, The garda was very helpful this morning I must say. Hopefully should find out more this evening.

Seamus,
It happened in the Phoenix Park Racecourse.

They had a few bikes up in Blanch garda station that they have recovered to anyone else that has had one stolen recently.
Advertisement
16-05-2011, 13:14   #21
Jmcmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcmen View Post
Ah thats a pity to hear, The garda was very helpful this morning I must say. Hopefully should find out more this evening.

Seamus,
It happened in the Phoenix Park Racecourse.

They had a few bikes up in Blanch garda station that they have recovered to anyone else that has had one stolen recently.
Got another bike back!!! The Claude Butler. Still down my MB which is a stinker but could have been way worse.

The lads were up in Court last Friday morning. There was a stuggle and one bite one of the arresting Garda.

So please keep a look out for the MB if you would. Its fairly distinctive and I have only seen one other about. They also took the saddle bag, cross bar bag and pump off my main racer which was is strange.
16-05-2011, 22:09   #22
cupidstuntII

Stolen Bicycle: Fuji Sagres (Dublin 15)

I had my bicycle stolen from Castleknock Train station today (16/05/2011).

It was locked up at the bicycle stand to the back of the station (before 8am and gone when I got back from work after 6pm).

Make: Fuji
Model: Sagres.
(Example picture attached).

Distinguishing features:
Handlebar extensions (black).
Mudguards: Front & Rear.
Wired for speedometer (sensor and magnet still attached).
Front light dock (centre of stem)
Lock (Example picture attached).

Just in case anyone comes across the bike or is offered to buy, please keep an eye out! I've been searching adverts.ie, gumtree, donedeal and buy and sell.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png FujiSagres.png (183.8 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg bicycle_lock.jpg (42.9 KB, 159 views)
17-05-2011, 19:58   #23
milju2001

STOLEN SPECIALIZED SIRRUS

bike stolen afternoon of tuesday may 17th around 4pm from the top of dawson street in dublin city centre by st. stephen's green.

would appreciate anyone seeing it or being offered it for sale, to contact me asap.

specialized sirrus 2009

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/...009&spid=38462

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/...ipmodel=Sirrus

it's distinctive as pictured. additions include a cateye rear light on the seat tube (still attached) and a mount on the handlebars (light was not attached at the time). also silver specialized bar ends have been added to the handlebars and the bike has black mudguards. the wheels are alex S500 and the tyres are Continental.

cheers

Last edited by milju2001; 18-05-2011 at 10:16.
18-05-2011, 09:28   #24
NeedMoreGears

Giant SCR 4 (2008) taken from locked shed. I'd only just put on new casette (11-34 SRAM), chain , chainrings, tyres (vittorio rubino) , brake blocks & rear derailleur.

It's the standard grey/black/white one you see around

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/...ad/1399/29642/

Distingushing features. Ritchie's sticker, red race sticker on top tube, altura tool bag, shimano pedals instead of the original.

Any spots it, I'd be grateful for a PM

NMG
Advertisement
18-05-2011, 10:04   #25
Kissy Lips

I am renting. I lock my bike in a shed at the back of the apartment block. The shed has a 4 digit code and the bike is locked with the New York lock.

What options for insuring the bike are available? Can I get contents only insurance? Will that cover the shed?
18-05-2011, 10:14   #26
RTT

Sorry to hear all these bad stories guys. I'll keep an eye out for them. My brother gets the train to work every day from D15 and afew weeks ago he spotted two lads checking out locked bikes at each station. The lads were sitting in front of him on the train. Anyway they had a bolt cutters hidden under their seat so at his stop he reached down and slipped the cutters into his newspaper and walked away. At least they couldn't rob any more bikes that day!
18-05-2011, 10:41   #27
lennymc

not sure if this has been posted anywhere before, but the garda website has a link to stolen recovered bikes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasi...7625091734993/
Thanks from:
18-05-2011, 12:46   #28
Beasty
Searchin' for segments ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennymc View Post
not sure if this has been posted anywhere before, but the garda website has a link to stolen recovered bikes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasi...7625091734993/
We did have another thread on it a while ago, but it's a good idea to link it here also. I've updated the OP as well.

Thanks
19-05-2011, 04:17   #29
Truckle

Sunn Motive Neo stolen at Dundrum Luas

Hey Guys, this bike, except with a red fulcrum racing 7 rear wheel, and a Shimano Sora rear derailleur, got stolen from the dundrum luas stop between 9pm and 3am yesterday / today.

Just a heads up, if any of you guys spot it for sale, maybe you could give me a heads up on this thread.

Thanks
20-05-2011, 12:46   #30
Malenfant

SCOTT SUB20 + Diamond Back NEX Hybrid

Hello Guys,
this night sombody (probably more a goup of people) climbed over our 3m (!!!) high backyard-wall at North Strand/North Strand Road took our 2 Bikes and left again over the wall. The Scott bike was put together by myself after pretty much the same Bike has been stolen from the backyard of my old apartment (just 6 months ago).
If you spot one of the two biles please let me know, or directly call the garda. I would pay 300€ reward for the Scott Sub20. If you have any other informations please let me know.

SCOTT SUB20

I´m sorry I only have these two pretty bad pictures of the bike.

Details about the bike:

It´s Singlespeed, quite an eyecatcher is the red-wheeled tensioner.
Fork: Rock Shoxx Reba SL
Wheelset: Fun Works N-Light
Cranks: Alfine
Tires: Slicks - Schwalbe Kojak
Frontbreak: Avid Juicy 3
No rear break.

---
Diamond Back NEX Hybrid

Details about the bike:
The color is more greenish, I couldn´t get the tones right on this shot.
It has a Shimano Nexus group on it.
An abus U-Lock was on it as it was stolen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg board1.jpg (324.2 KB, 2123 views)
File Type: jpg board2.jpg (327.7 KB, 2131 views)
File Type: jpg board3.jpg (242.1 KB, 2127 views)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion