This Week in the Local Papers - Page 5 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-02-2012, 17:16   #61
vicwatson

Quote:
Wexford Creamery has teamed up with Largo Foods to produce 'King Gold Standard Wexford Cheddar and Spring Onion Crisps', which I will be watching for!
They are already out in the shops - Gold Bag ! They are handmade crisps and are retailing at 0.95 cent per bag nice though
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 19:12   #62
zerks

Enniscorthy Guardian: St.Aidans school in Enniscorthy to triple in size..............now if they could only sort out the parking in the area.

(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 22:47   #63
Ledger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicwatson View Post
They are already out in the shops - Gold Bag ! They are handmade crisps and are retailing at 0.95 cent per bag nice though
Looking forward to getting a bag of them now just to see what they're like. Although then again, cheese and onion is cheese and onion.
22-02-2012, 23:22   #64
allthedoyles

More good news in the NR Standard ( page 30 ) :

quote : All the land necessary for the long-awaited bypasses in New Ross and Enniscorthy will be acquired this year .
WCC are well on target to conclude the land deals after receiveing more finance from the NRA - .unquote

Hopefully job complete by 2020 !

Last edited by allthedoyles; 22-02-2012 at 23:36.
22-02-2012, 23:55   #65
Ledger

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthedoyles View Post
More good news in the NR Standard ( page 30 ) :

quote : All the land necessary for the long-awaited bypasses in New Ross and Enniscorthy will be acquired this year .
WCC are well on target to conclude the land deals after receiveing more finance from the NRA - .unquote

Hopefully job complete by 2020 !

.......how did I miss that?
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 17:42   #66
allthedoyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthedoyles View Post
Tuesday 21st February - massive 5 hour demonstration against the Household Charge outside Tholsel..............Councillors and Politicians jeered and heckled leaving Council Chambers .
It looks like they are going to use CCTV footage to bring some of the peaceful protestors to court !

Address :
New Ross Courthouse , Ardcavan , Wexford .
25-02-2012, 18:14   #67
patff

Those Gardai have done a fine job with this case........see how neatly they've lined up all those drinks.

Perhaps that's why they haven't had the time to catch some real criminals.

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/ove...n-3028481.html
(2) thanks from:
25-02-2012, 18:23   #68
patff

Quote:
Losing 28 staff to retirement

WEXFORD County Council is losing 28 staff on early retirement but services will be maintained, the County Manager Eddie Breen has vowed.

'It would be foolish to say you can lose these people and they won't be missed.

'Of course, they will be missed,' the manager told Cllr Malcolm Byrne at a council meeting.

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/los...t-3028404.html
I'm sure we'll get over it.....
(2) thanks from:
28-02-2012, 11:03   #69
Judgement Day

Enniscorthy Guardian 28th February contained little of interest.

New Dad jailed for gun in gym bag - on the Promenade in Enniscorthy.

400 protesters march against taxes.

A really famous visitor - the Heineken Cup was on tour and called in to Riverchapel NS last week. Enjoy it while you can as it will be going home to Munster shortly.

Castle to host ICA exhibition to be attended by Govt.Chief Whip - Paul Kehoe - a notable old woman IMO. Wine and Cheese reception on Friday 2nd March - protesters please note! Despite the ICA being founded by a close family relation I will be passing on this one unless I turn up to boo Paulie.

Anyway that's all the news - save for a goat having a record five kids at the Secret Valley Adventure Farm last Friday - I kid you not!
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 16:22   #70
Corvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patff View Post

Those Gardai have done a fine job with this case........see how neatly they've lined up all those drinks.

Perhaps that's why they haven't had the time to catch some real criminals.

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/ove...n-3028481.html

FFS, you would swear they were making their communion the way they are standing there. Useless gits.
28-02-2012, 19:19   #71
Ledger

New Ross Standard, Tuesday 28th of February.

Front Page:
Garda Probe after protesters disrupt council meeting.
This is the aftermath of the protests against the new Government charges at NRTC's meeting last Tuesday night.

Works on Quay from the Dunbrody to O'Hanrahan Bridge are due to start in March and will last for 6 months. This includes road resurfacing and the new quayside plan.

Inside:
A hay barn blaze outside Gorey took 24 hours to put out starting last Monday afternoon.

Councillor Anthony Connick reckons a traffic warden in NR needs to back off. Numerous complaints have been made by the public concerning the ammount of fines being issued. Cllr. John Dwyer wants a 'comprehensive report' to be completed on the issue.

NRTC Council Report:
Workmans' Club looks for Council Assistance and help with financing a 20,000 euro buyout of their premises in Mary St. A letter of approval is needed from the council for NR Credit Union.

Creywell (College Rd) due to reopen in April at last.

Works on the clock tower over the Tholsel are going well with a new clock face and repairs and installation of bells inside the mechanism.

Cllr. Kevin Dwyer, who is currently working in Australia due to lack of work here, has gotten approval from NRTC to keep his council seat for 1 year; after a vote was taken.

An investigation into the Albatros site is due to get underway after it was announced to be in line to be put onto the Derelict Sites Register.

Lastly there is a two page spread on places for school tours in the area; and another two page spread on The People of the Year Awards.

Ledger Out!

Last edited by Ledger; 28-02-2012 at 19:22.
28-02-2012, 20:39   #72
allthedoyles

Quote:
Garda Probe after protesters disrupt council meeting.
They were called 'professional agitators '

Quote:
Works on Quay from the Dunbrody to O'Hanrahan Bridge are due to start in March and will last for 6 months
Hey Ledger .. Put a reminder in your calendar for a celebration party on 30th September .( 2 chances of completion in 6 months )

Quote:
Creywell (College Rd) due to reopen in April
April in what year ?

Quote:
Works on the clock tower over the Tholsel are going well with a new clock face and repairs and installation of bells inside the mechanism
And the total cost to the taxpayer is €€,€€€€

Quote:
Cllr. Kevin Dwyer, who is currently working in Australia due to lack of work here, has gotten approval from NRTC to keep his council seat for 1 year
Unbelievable .......I heard he is going on Skype to attend Council meetings

Quote:
An investigation into the Albatros site is due to get underway after it was announced to be in line to be put onto the Derelict Sites Register
Full of hazardous materials ... will be derelict forever

Quote:
school tours in the area
New Ross area needs a massive cash injection ..........Go visit JFK Aboreteum - Dunbrody Centre - Hook Lighthouse - Secret Valley Adventure Farm .
28-02-2012, 21:11   #73
Ledger

Quote:
They were called 'professional agitators'
I saw that yeah.

Quote:
Hey Ledger .. Put a reminder in your calendar for a celebration party on 30th September .( 2 chances of completion in 6 months )
It must be some good job if it would take 6 months. Jesus H Christ.

Quote:
April in what year ?
I'll guess May 2012.

Quote:
And the total cost to the taxpayer is €€,€€€€
Did anyone complain that the clock wasn't working? I doubt it.

Quote:
Unbelievable .......I heard he is going on Skype to attend Council meetings
Kevin is my cousin's partner, and I have great time for him. I know he's not here and it isn't really the greatest set up, but at least he's making the effort to still have an input and is doing his bit for the town.

Quote:
Full of hazardous materials ... will be derelict forever.
I know, nobody is going to spend millions to dig up 20 feet of the earth to clear the site, certainly not Timac. I would nearly feel sorry for them, thinking they would make a profit by developing the site. They must have known what they were getting themselves in for. We'll be stuck with this for generations.
29-02-2012, 16:07   #74
mccarte2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledger View Post
Front Page:

Cllr. Kevin Dwyer, who is currently working in Australia due to lack of work here, has gotten approval from NRTC to keep his council seat for 1 year; after a vote was taken.
That sounds like one bizarre setup. How long has it been going on?
29-02-2012, 16:21   #75
Ledger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarte2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledger View Post
Front Page:

That sounds like one bizarre setup. How long has it been going on?
Last September if I remember correctly

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion