Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Students' Association Elections (Voting Monday April 4)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

PSA Elections start today !!!! More Excitement for the Postgrads, don't know if my massively aging Heart will be able to take more excitement!!!

So here are the candidates:-

a) Casey, Marie
    b) Hennelly, Sarah Jane

Both of these candidates are in fact women (just thought I'd state the obvious) which means that the SU Sabats are litterally going to be top heavy with ladies next year.

However, This is neither here nor there so .... Good Luck to both candidates!!

Can't wait to see the Manifestos !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

Marie's manifesto is found at

http://mariewashere.net/

Solidly in Marie's camp for this one, I've known her for years and I know she'll do a good job if she gets the spot. I just put up some posters for her around the place.

For future reference and full disclosure, I'm afraid I'm far from neutral in any subsequent debates on the matter ;)

Voting is on April 4th (Monday next week).
    Obviously this is of no interest to non-postgrads, but maybe the date in the thread title might be due for a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

DJCR wrote: »
    PSA Elections start today !!!! More Excitement for the Postgrads, don't know if my massively aging Heart will be able to take more excitement!!!

Omg, has it been a year since I ran for PSA President already!! And we nearly succeeded last year on a shoe-string budget too.... Jeez time flies!

Best of luck to the two women running this year. Enjoy the process!

On a side note, congrats to all the newly elected SU sabbats!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

Mossin wrote: »
    Omg, has it been a year since I ran for PSA President already!! And we nearly succeeded last year on a shoe-string budget too.... Jeez time flies!

Best of luck to the two women running this year. Enjoy the process!

On a side note, congrats to all the newly elected SU sabbats!

Found one of your manifestos pinned up in the Health Sciences building today too and all, Dave :P

I'm totally supporting Marie in this - both for obvious reasons and because I think she's totally capable of the job and full of enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

Nagoh wrote: »
    Marie's manifesto is found at

http://mariewashere.net/

Solidly in Marie's camp for this one, I've known her for years and I know she'll do a good job if she gets the spot. I just put up some posters for her around the place.

For future reference and full disclosure, I'm afraid I'm far from neutral in any subsequent debates on the matter ;)

Voting is on April 4th (this day next week).
    Obviously this is of no interest to non-postgrads, but maybe the date in the thread title might be due for a change?

NOT THIS DAY NEXT WEEK!

Monday of next week :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

D'oh
    Changed. My days are getting away from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i like the look of marie anyone link to sj's ?

Should probably declare for Marie !!

Awesome woman and well capable !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jasonpkennedy

Lovely Marie! :)

Wish I was in Ireland so I could give her a hand. For any postgrads reading this, Marie would be a fantastic PSA President. She's determined, experienced and one of the nicest people going.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Susicia

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd leave a message for any Postgrads interested,

My manifesto/website can be found at marieWasHere.net and my Facebook
    page can be http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marie-Casey-for-PSA-President-20112012/212224378793605

Hopefully we can get Sarah Jane (the other opponent) to throw her stuff up here as well and get a good thread going separate from last weeks election madness :-)

Marie Casey :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SJHENNELLY

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sarah Jane, as ye may have heard I am running for this years PSA President! Hustings today in Javas at three, should be good! Here's a link to my FB page and Manifesto, I hope it's to your liking!

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Jane-Hennelly-For-PSA-President/155374431190857?sk=info#!/notes/sarah-jane-hennelly-for-psa-president/my-manifesto-lets-put-it-to-the-testo/155376104524023

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dancom

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that the Husting went very well and each candidate did a great job.

I can confirm after much debate that there will be online voting this year unlike any previous year in a PSA Presidential election. The system has been tested on all postgraduates and fortunately no issues have arisen. YAY!!

Last year saw the greatest turn-out for any PSA election, I'm intending to beat it this year. Here are the stats from last years for your perusal http://www.postgrads.ie/news/wins

I'd like to wish both candidates and their teams the very best of luck.

Dan Comerford,
    PSA Pres.

If I ever have to ask a random individual again, "are you a postgrad", I'll scream - ARGHHH. David's you both know what I mean. So rather you girls than us

I'd like to thank the Staff and Mgmt of the Scholars for allowing the hust to take place there earlier today.

Also to the Chair Dave Fleming of the History Dept. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

dancom wrote: »
    If I ever have to ask a random individual again, "are you a postgrad", I'll scream - ARGHHH. David's you both know what I mean. So rather you girls than us

Hahaha yeah, that was horrible alright, glad its someone elses pain this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've split off the discussion of the PSA election from the main ULSU elections thread as the PSA is a representative organisation in its own right and very important when it comes to representing and aiding postgrad students at UL.

I'd like to make you all aware that only postgrad's of the University of Limerick can vote in these elections (I'm being asked this a lot).

Voting taking place Monday 4th April from 8:00am - 18:00pm. There will be a polling station in the PSA Common Room for the duration of the times outlined above.

Should there be any issues on the day, please contact Roisin (the legend) on roisin.monaghan@ul.ie

Have a great weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dr. Strangelove

Best of luck on Monday SJ - I hope you get in!

To vote please follow the link https://vote.ulsu.ie

I can confirm that voting so far is going very well.

I'm just loving the fantastic use of the plural form in this sentence !!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Just tried that on-line voting link. Didn't work. Didn't work during the SU elections either so not really surprised but a bit frustrating all the same. Best of luck to whoever is elected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ms. Education

breedie wrote: »
    Just tried that on-line voting link. Didn't work. Didn't work during the SU elections either so not really surprised but a bit frustrating all the same. Best of luck to whoever is elected.

If the link didn't work, email Dan about it. He might be able to get onto ITD and get it sorted.

To vote please follow the link https://vote.ulsu.ie

I can confirm that voting so far is going very well.

New Record so??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NewShoes

FYI - Sarah Jane won the election with 181 votes. Marie received 97.

HI Breedie,

I'm just seeing your post now. I hope you followed Miss Education's instructions and emailed for assistance. In all the emails I sent out to vote, I left instructions should anyone need assistance. I hope you seen this and acted accordingly.

I am delighted to announce that the PSA Election was a huge success. It broke two records, the highest number of votes in any PSA Election and the largest number of votes for any individual candidate running for PSA President. Both candidates ran very strong campaigns and I would like to congratulate Sarah- Jane Hennelly on her record breaking success. I wish her the very best in her coming year.

A special thank you goes out to all who voted, Roisin Monaghan from the SU and Eugene Murnane from ITD. :D

Hi Dancom/Ms Education

I've just seen your comments. I understand that you're trying to help but it's a bit difficult to "e-mail Dan" if you haven't a clue who Dan is!

Dan, I'm sure your e-mail with instructions on the voting procedure was helpful but as I never got one I really couldn't say. Some of my friends also had similar problems to me so perhaps the system needs a little more 'tweaking'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you didn't get Dan's email you have a bigger problem as ITD doesn't have you listed as a registered postgrad.

Have you registered this semester?

The system is quite clear in fact, if it won't allow you to vote you get a screen that says "please contact Roisin Monaghan" and there is a hyperlinked email address.

Hi Dancom/Ms Education

I've just seen your comments. I understand that you're trying to help but it's a bit difficult to "e-mail Dan" if you haven't a clue who Dan is!

Dan, I'm sure your e-mail with instructions on the voting procedure was helpful but as I never got one I really couldn't say. Some of my friends also had similar problems to me so perhaps the system needs a little more 'tweaking'

I'm thinking this is because you are not down as a student but as a staff member. In previous posts, Facebook, the website I have left instructions how to vote and what to do if you couldn't. If you are not familar with these then it maybe useful to look out for them in future.
    Facebook: PSAUL
    Email: Dan.comerford@ul.ie or psapresident@ul.ie

If you are unsure who Dan is, well that's mise and I'm the current Postgraduate Students' Association President. I deal with all things postgrad in UL. If you are having difficulties in future, please see my contact details above.

Hi Dan,
    Thanks for that. It probably explains why I never seemed to get any information about the postgrad association :) I'm sure I'm not the only postgrad in this situation so it looks like I'll have to be a bit more pro-active if I want to know what's going on. Pity it took over a year for me to realise this but thanks again.

• Advertisement

That's no problem!! It is annoying for me also. I've been trying to get it sorted by ITD but is proving difficult.

Advertisement