3DS StreetPass - Page 21 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-03-2012, 22:37   #301
robman60

I just checked Google maps as I'm not terribly familiar with the Galway roads.

From what you've said, we must have streetpassed while I was in the car. I'm pretty surprised it worked even though our meeting would have only been brief.

I feel like a detective at work figuring this out ;p
Advertisement
06-03-2012, 22:52   #302
Wolverine359

Quote:
Originally Posted by robman60 View Post
I feel like a detective at work figuring this out ;p
My thoughts exactly! I get the odd streetpass when I carry the 3ds in my rucksack while I'm cycling, I never know if it was from a pedestrian or someone in a vehicle. It's pretty cool!
07-03-2012, 10:39   #303
Irish Halo

So last week work sent me to Taipei and I was in town a few times and got 19 hits but all of them were "Japanese" is the 3DS not officially launched in Taiwan or is it cheaper to import? Means I have a good few regions for Japan though :-)

My hits are back down this week as I'm playing Prof Layton on the tube so steps and streetpass not been recorded
Thanks from:
07-03-2012, 10:52   #304
Princess Peach

I got a streetpass before while playing a game. The green light flickered while I had it open, I closed it down and it lit up! Didn't think it could happen but it did that once!

Also regarding the range, bunch of times I have gotten a hit while I was just in my house. Happened here and in my old house! In my old house my 3DS was sitting right by the window that is by the street. Here my room is at the back of the house and upstairs, unless it was from someone in the house next door, the houses are joined. It was a repeat hit for ages, they must have moved
07-03-2012, 13:49   #305
Ostrom

Been working from home since late last year, still no hits
Advertisement
10-03-2012, 20:33   #306
Banjo

10 hits in blanch today. at least 5 of them had pink puzzle pieces. I'm a street-passing cheetah with a hide fulla WiFi. This must be how Wampy feels every day of his awesome life!
14-03-2012, 20:02   #307
Just Like Heaven
Closed Account

Will be bringing my 3ds to reading festival
14-03-2012, 20:26   #308
Wolverine359

Met someone from Valencia today. Some countries get lovely maps with lots of regions, but Ireland gets no map and invisible counties.
15-03-2012, 10:59   #309
Banjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtinsoffroth View Post
Begs the question... will you be bringing it back?
At the Drive-In are back together? Holy Jamoly! Jealous....
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 12:58   #310
psicic

Got my first Atari Jaguar from somebody else yesterday when I was communting at an usual time - 'Kurley', you magnificent b@stard, you made sitting on that 46A crammed full of Italians worth it!!!
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2012, 16:17   #311
nitromaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtinsoffroth View Post
Tempted to do likewise! Though i might just have it left in the lockers most of the time...wonder if anyone else will be doing the same
15-03-2012, 21:13   #312
Just Like Heaven
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Begs the question... will you be bringing it back?
At the Drive-In are back together? Holy Jamoly! Jealous....
`
With any luck yes And yes tremendous fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromaster View Post
Tempted to do likewise! Though i might just have it left in the lockers most of the time...wonder if anyone else will be doing the same
Probably a good idea to leave it in the locker and leave it on, everybody walking through the village all the time... But nobody is gonna bring it
15-03-2012, 21:26   #313
robman60

Wow, Galway really is a hotspot! I got nine hits in the last two days, one a double hit. I was Rob if any of the people are Boardsies.

Anyone living in the Galway area should take a small detour from Shop Street to go by HMV. I got two hits in there, one called HMV and the other Mii resembled one of the staff members (he had a distinct appearance).
(2) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 22:50   #314
Wolverine359

Quote:
Originally Posted by robman60 View Post
Wow, Galway really is a hotspot! I got nine hits in the last two days, one a double hit. I was Rob if any of the people are Boardsies.

Anyone living in the Galway area should take a small detour from Shop Street to go by HMV. I got two hits in there, one called HMV and the other Mii resembled one of the staff members (he had a distinct appearance).
Yeah, that would be Apoc. I often walk into that HMV to be greeted with a hit or two. I've counted over 40 streetpasses with HMV (also a staff member), and over 20 with Apoc, they're great for providing the odd puzzle piece! Must remember to bring it to the parade tomorrow, there's bound to be a few extra 3ds owners about the place.
17-03-2012, 00:36   #315
Star Lord
Star-Lord, man! The legendary outlaw?

I was majorly disappointed today when I didn't get my usual streetpass hit from a wander round HMV in Liffey Valley.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion