Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2011, 21:20   #31
mitsybaby

Whatsapp is great for sending pics and videos!!!
Advertisement
26-03-2011, 01:54   #32
Lordhumphreys

Only got Viber recently, and I must say I"m very impressed with it. Its just much quicker than Skype when it comes to dialing someone
26-03-2011, 09:04   #33
Bravadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by January View Post
Hopefully will fix my problem, i can't see when people are trying to call me, when i'm in the app or not, but they show up as missed calls in my call history.
My wife had the same prob. She had notifications turned off for viber. You might check that.
26-03-2011, 10:09   #34
Viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by January View Post
Hopefully will fix my problem, i can't see when people are trying to call me, when i'm in the app or not, but they show up as missed calls in my call history.
Hi,
This is a Viber rep, I'll be here to answer your questions and help with technical issues.

As suggested here, please check your Push Notifications and make sure they are turned on.
Also, despite the fact that Viber CAN work even when shut off, we recommend our users to leave Viber running in the background if possible. It actually SAVES more battery rather than relying on Push Notifications and it improves overall functionality.
26-03-2011, 12:24   #35
naasrd

Send a message via Skype™ to naasrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
Hi,
This is a Viber rep, I'll be here to answer your questions and help with technical issues.

As suggested here, please check your Push Notifications and make sure they are turned on.
Also, despite the fact that Viber CAN work even when shut off, we recommend our users to leave Viber running in the background if possible. It actually SAVES more battery rather than relying on Push Notifications and it improves overall functionality.
Thanks for that and welcome to the forum. And THAT thread on the Android forum was pretty interesting and entertaining!
Advertisement
26-03-2011, 13:30   #36
rivalius13

Text messages = bye bye WhatsApp.

When I brought my iPhone into the Genius bar they said that Viber was using a lot of memory while open, hopefully this is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc@recrow View Post
agreed..viber is awesome...plus you can see on your contacts who has viber and who doesn't..very easy to use and accessible.
can't wait for it to be on android so my cheap and poor mates can download it as well
cant' believe the guy that was bitching on the andriod form..what a fcúking twat..
ANDROID ICE CREAM IS NOT OUT YET SO THEREFORE WE WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING UNTIL IT IS RELEASED THANK YOU AND PLEASE GOODBYE!

My logic is irrefutable.
26-03-2011, 20:04   #37
culabula

Send a message via ICQ to culabula Send a message via MSN to culabula Send a message via Yahoo to culabula Send a message via Skype™ to culabula
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMMM View Post
I've been using WhatsApp and Viber together for ages and it has helped me moved from the €60 a month tariff on 3 to the €40 month package! WhatsApp was the best 79c I ever spent on the AppStore and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Viber was free!

An SMS function will mean I can ditch WhatsApp and have everything in one app. Can't wait!
While waiting for the update to be released, I wouldn't equate a "message facility" with SMS.

Besides, YAK! is far better than whatsapp.
26-03-2011, 21:13   #38
Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalius13 View Post

When I brought my iPhone into the Genius bar they said that Viber was using a lot of memory while open, hopefully this is fixed.

ANDROID ICE CREAM IS NOT OUT YET SO THEREFORE WE WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING UNTIL IT IS RELEASED THANK YOU AND PLEASE GOODBYE!

My logic is irrefutable.

mmmm..ice cream..
I'm rather partial to loop the loops at the moment...ice cold and I love the yellow sherbit bit...a nice thirst quenchener
26-03-2011, 21:37   #39
rivalius13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc@recrow View Post
mmmm..ice cream..
I'm rather partial to loop the loops at the moment...ice cold and I love the yellow sherbit bit...a nice thirst quenchener
I think I have a few twisters still in the freezer from last year...
Advertisement
27-03-2011, 09:01   #40
Viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalius13 View Post

My logic is irrefutable.
Viber doesn't use up a lot of memory.
In fact, you can try it out for yourself - leave it open for a whole day and check your battery consumption.
About bandwidth - Viber uses about 0.5MB per minute.
27-03-2011, 09:42   #41
Zascar

I'm an Android user and cannot wait for it to come out on Android in the next few months! I have not really properly used Viber yet but I know lots of people that say its fantastic. I'm told the call quality is brilliant, better than voice calls sometimes - but then again someone else disagreed with that completely. I know on Skype sometimes the quality is great and others its awful - but Viber have a better algorithm or something.

I started using WhatApp a few months ago and I think its absolutely fantastic. The thing is, its NOT free texting - its so much more - you have proper actual conversations like on IM you don't just send one or two texts back and forward - you can see when the other person is typing and if they have got your message etc - really handy. Also there is no signing in with usernames and passwords, and it automatically know who else of your friends has it from numbers in your phone book and even facebook too! So handy. Now that viber is getting this, along with free calls - it is an absolute must have for any smartphonoe user!

Thing is some of the networks are clamping down and blocking VoIP - I just hope that does not happen here!
27-03-2011, 10:07   #42
Viber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zascar View Post
Thing is some of the networks are clamping down and blocking VoIP - I just hope that does not happen here!
Zascar,
As we've discussed in the other thread, do you know of any specific cellular operators that are currently blocking VoIP (and thus - Viber) on their 3G networks, or planning to do so in the future?

I'm talking about operators in Ireland or the UK.

Thanks.
27-03-2011, 10:11   #43
iMax
Banned

Is there a desktop companion to viber (like skype) ?
27-03-2011, 10:11   #44
Zascar

No mate, I'm only going by what you told me in the other thread. You mentioned a rumour that Vodafone did it in the UK but I don't think this is true - unless someone can confirm?
27-03-2011, 10:19   #45
Viber

Vodafone blocked Viber in a few other European countries, and it seemed that Viber was also blocked in the UK.
For now it seems OK, but I need users' input on that.

About the desktop version - this is actually our next goal after the Android version.
Naturally, it'll take a while before our PC version is fully developed and available for users. As always, you will know once it's ready and/or we need beta testing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion