2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one? - Page 45 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-06-2012, 15:07   #661
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
I've just got a couple of emails from the Dutch site asking for the passport numbers of each person that I've got tickets for. Anyone else had this from other sites they have bought from?
Advertisement
15-06-2012, 15:21   #662
Brianderunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
I've just got a couple of emails from the Dutch site asking for the passport numbers of each person that I've got tickets for. Anyone else had this from other sites they have bought from?
Got that email too, thats gonna be a royal pain in the hole contacting eveyone. Why cant they just send us our tickets? They were quick enough to take our cash.
15-06-2012, 16:25   #663
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
I got that today too, thanks for the reminder, I knew there was something I needed to do.
15-06-2012, 17:13   #664
Truman Burbank

Quote:
Were all of yee charged €50 postage for your tickets on the Dutch site? Was looking for 2 x €26 tickets (plus total tax of €12) for the men's swimming marathon, Tuesday gone, and didn't bother with that postage cost. Will go along on the day. Would have paid it for the more expensive Athletics tickets.
15-06-2012, 17:39   #665
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
Were all of yee charged €50 postage for your tickets on the Dutch site? Was looking for 2 x €26 tickets (plus total tax of €12) for the men's swimming marathon, Tuesday gone, and didn't bother with that postage cost. Will go along on the day. Would have paid it for the more expensive Athletics tickets.
Yep, and they have charged me the €50 for each order separately. I've been charged €50x2 from the Dutch site, €28 from the French site and £6x2 from the UK site just for the postage costs.
Advertisement
15-06-2012, 18:04   #666
Truman Burbank

Quote:
Yep, and they have charged me the €50 for each order separately. I've been charged €50x2 from the Dutch site, €28 from the French site and £6x2 from the UK site just for the postage costs.
That's a joke. Really would like to go to the swimming marathon, especially if Chris Bryan qualifies, but on principle couldn't bring myself to press 'checkout'. Sounds like it's run by Ryanair.
15-06-2012, 18:17   #667
G-Money
Closed Account

Yeah I think I got charged £50 too, although had I known I'd have got tickets from London, or had I got tickets already, I might not have bothered with the Dutch site. But sure it would have been a brave man/woman who'd have passed up them up
Thanks from:
15-06-2012, 18:50   #668
robinph

I think I'd still have been disappointed if I ended up with only the athletics and the cycling. Having a bunch of other stuff that I wouldn't have gone for otherwise is good I think.
15-06-2012, 20:06   #669
Truman Burbank

Quote:
I think I'd still have been disappointed if I ended up with only the athletics and the cycling. Having a bunch of other stuff that I wouldn't have gone for otherwise is good I think.
We've been before for a couple of weeks with a different sport every morning, afternoon, and athletics every evening, military precision! The track cycling was incredible, thou wish had spent more time getting each races' rules down prior. Besides Athletics and the cycling track, swimming was phenomenal. Have 2 spare £95 tickets for women's boxing finals Thursday 9th. PM me if anyone on here interested.
Advertisement
16-06-2012, 11:12   #670
Brianderunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
Was that €50 on top of the €50 they charged when we made the order for being "outside nederlanden". Hopefully not but if it is i may be giving my dutch cousins a call.

Have people been truthful with the passport numbers? Its a little awkward asking 2 people i got tickets for, i dont know them that well at all. I wonder if i use my bro's/sisters one will it make any difference?
18-06-2012, 11:47   #671
AlasAnAlias

What part of "criminal offence" does this fella not understand?

He's looking for €800 for 2 £50 Category E Athletic tickets and 2 Category D £95 Boxing tickets (£290 = €800 = Ticket Tout).
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3503650
August 8th - Olympic Stadium - Athletics Evening Session - Usain Bolt etc.. & 4 Other Final's
August 9th - Boxing Centre - Katie Taylor's event Final + All the remaining Women's Boxing Final's
Price includes 2 Tickets for each event ,The tickets also come with 2 x London Travel Pass for each day. This would make a great 2 day visit to the games , Genuine Reason for Selling. Price: €800. Call Declan on 0879937564

And this from the London ticketing website
All Ticket Holders are advised that, under s.31 of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act 2006, it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE to sell a Ticket in a public place or in the course of business and otherwise than in accordance with the authorisation of LOCOG. Ticket Holders are referred to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/12/section/31.
18-06-2012, 12:30   #672
Pisco Sour
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlasAnAlias View Post
He's looking for €800 for 2 £50 Category E Athletic tickets and 2 Category D £95 Boxing tickets (£290 = €800 = Ticket Tout).
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3503650
August 8th - Olympic Stadium - Athletics Evening Session - Usain Bolt etc.. & 4 Other Final's
August 9th - Boxing Centre - Katie Taylor's event Final + All the remaining Women's Boxing Final's
Price includes 2 Tickets for each event ,The tickets also come with 2 x London Travel Pass for each day. This would make a great 2 day visit to the games , Genuine Reason for Selling. Price: €800. Call Declan on 0879937564

And this from the London ticketing website
All Ticket Holders are advised that, under s.31 of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act 2006, it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE to sell a Ticket in a public place or in the course of business and otherwise than in accordance with the authorisation of LOCOG. Ticket Holders are referred to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/12/section/31.
Haha what a chancer!!
18-06-2012, 12:41   #673
Krusty_Clown

Send a message via AIM to Krusty_Clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlasAnAlias View Post
Genuine Reason for Selling.
Genuine reason for selling = wants to make a profit.
18-06-2012, 19:19   #674
Truman Burbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianderunner View Post
Was that €50 on top of the €50 they charged when we made the order for being "outside nederlanden". Hopefully not but if it is i may be giving my dutch cousins a call.

Have people been truthful with the passport numbers? Its a little awkward asking 2 people i got tickets for, i dont know them that well at all. I wonder if i use my bro's/sisters one will it make any difference?
It was a once off €50 for postage. So the two €26 tickets were costing €115. Don't see why you can't use any passport numbers. The people you got them for, thou, will probably be quite happy to give you the numbers given the reward
19-06-2012, 15:20   #675
robinph

I sent an email to the ATP site asking them what the passport thing was about and just got this back:

Quote:
Thank you for your mail.
We need to give the passport details to LOCOG in England in case of emergency.
It is an agreement we have with them.
Not sure what emergency it is that needs LOCOG to have our passport numbers, which won't be on the tickets, so no way of linking a person in the event to a particular passport number via this system. It also didn't ask for the country that the passport was from, just the city and I just put us all down for the same place.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion