any Japanese language classes in Newry? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-03-2011, 15:59   #1
conall88

any Japanese language classes in Newry?

Hey, I've been wondering about this for quite sometime and can't seem to dredge up any info on it through my own contacts/poking around newry.

I'm currently learning the kanji and would be interested in studying as part of a group (with or without a teacher, so if you are in the same boat, and would like to meet up in the library or sumthin for an hour or two per week, it might be a plan )

my conversation skills are next to non-existent japanese wise at the moment, but thanks to some basic study using rosetta stone and hundreds of hours of japanese movies/etc, I can understand the gist of most sentences.

even if you ain't interested, would love to hear from other people attempting to study it also.
Advertisement
01-03-2011, 18:16   #2
moooncow

Yeah, Ive been looking to learn japanese for a while now, but cant find anything in newry either which kinda sucks cos I'm hoping to possibly live there when I'm older.
01-03-2011, 19:36   #3
conall88

yeah I'm hoping to get into the translation industry when I'm older. I hear a lot of japanese companies pay well for it, as, unlike jap => eng,
there are few native english speakers that translate eng => jap. I also do like the idea of moving there, but i'l see how it goes with lessons first lol.

so far Ive bought Remembering the Kanji vol 1,2 & 3 [ costs ~£100, but you can get the set 2nd hand, which is what I did, and saved a bundle ]

am also looking at www.ajatt.com , but finding it hard to involve more japanese in my daily routine...

will be studying in the library upstairs on friday methinks.
01-03-2011, 19:52   #4
moooncow

yeah well i've never been able to really start learning yet, but due to Newry not having any classes as far as I have seen, there has been no help or resources to get me started on learning.
04-03-2011, 19:23   #5
conall88

silly me forgot that library is being renovated.

oh well.

ajatt.com is the best free resource Ive seen.

goes hand in hand with : http://kanji.koohii.com/
Advertisement
06-03-2011, 10:16   #6
shindig-jp

If you are really serious about learning the language and are not a time waster, I can arrange lessons by Skype . With a once monthly coffee meeting in Dundalk .

The teacher is Japanese female aged 47 and licenced to teach beginner to advanced. Fees for lessons are 10 Euro per hour, payed by PayPal . PM to get started.
06-03-2011, 22:12   #7
conall88

I don't know if thats the sort of format I would be looking for to be honest. I will give it some thought however. I'm already taking lessons for something else via skype, but its a totally dif format.
07-03-2011, 01:25   #8
shindig-jp

問題がありません。

それはあなたの選択です。
08-03-2011, 02:04   #9
conall88

確かに。
Advertisement
24-09-2011, 18:38   #10
Neroalex

Japanese lessons even

I was just wondering if you guys even know of full time courses that give a qualification at th end? all i see are evening classes that are "introductory" which means all you get is a bit of vocab but no long term lessons or qualifications or certs in the end. Im hoping to get employment as a translator perhaps or just constant lessons that are more frequent than a one night a week pocket robber. Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion