Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-07-2011, 22:20   #421
missym

Hi,

I don't know what that email means. I did my interview last thursday and have received no email at all. Very disheartened especially with the cost of getting there and staying in a b&b due to a 9am interview. oh well back to the job hunt I guess!!
Advertisement
08-07-2011, 22:03   #422
V480
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by missym View Post
Hi,

I don't know what that email means. I did my interview last thursday and have received no email at all. Very disheartened especially with the cost of getting there and staying in a b&b due to a 9am interview. oh well back to the job hunt I guess!!
Don't worry, you might still recieve an email early next week...
06-08-2011, 16:36   #423
V480
Closed Account

Has anybody who got the temp clerical officer job been offered a longer contract?
06-08-2011, 17:37   #424
sjms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V480 View Post
Has anybody who got the temp clerical officer job been offered a longer contract?
They tried to keep me on... Sent off emails but try weren't allowed?
10-08-2011, 17:06   #425
missym

I got offered a job today in waterford!!!

I was wondering what tax I would be likely to be paying on €379.72?

I'm just trying to make a decision whether it is worth my while leaving my current position.

Thank you very much
Advertisement
10-08-2011, 20:21   #426
Monife

Quote:

I'm just trying to make a decision whether it is worth my while leaving my current position.

Thank you very much
Depends on your tax credits and personal situation.

For example, I have a medical card so get a small (very small) exemption from USC and PRSI. I work in the CSO (temp) and I earn €441 (previously €421, but here a year so got an increment) and I come out with €388, so that is €63 in tax (PAYE, PRSI and USC). Also included in that is the pension related deduction which is around 9euro a week which you can claim back at the end of your contract.
10-08-2011, 20:32   #427
sjms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monife View Post
Quote:

Thank you very much
Depends on your tax credits and personal situation.

For example, I have a medical card so get a small (very small) exemption from USC and PRSI. I work in the CSO (temp) and I earn €441 (previously €421, but here a year so got an increment) and I come out with €388, so that is €63 in tax (PAYE, PRSI and USC). Also included in that is the pension related deduction which is around 9euro a week which you can claim back at the end of your contract.

How does one claim this pension deduction back? I'm finished my contract! Also I've to wait until next year to get my emergency tax back because I kept my part time job on (didn't want to be completely unemployed when i finished up)! Over €500!
10-08-2011, 21:05   #428
Monife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms View Post
How does one claim this pension deduction back? I'm finished my contract! Also I've to wait until next year to get my emergency tax back because I kept my part time job on (didn't want to be completely unemployed when i finished up)! Over €500!
I am not too sure but I would say your first port of call would be either your old HR department or Finance Department and they will probably direct you onto the Pension department.
Thanks from:
13-08-2011, 12:54   #429
brokenhinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms View Post
They tried to keep me on... Sent off emails but try weren't allowed?

Same, they've asked higher up, but no chance of it.
Advertisement
13-08-2011, 13:32   #430
V480
Closed Account

I thought that if you were taken on say in late July you would have a better chance of an extension as people who started in June would only be covering summer holidays, whereas people who start later are more likely to be covering long term absenses like maternity leave, sick leave or term time. Also it depends where you are working, in a busy social welfare office for example there is obviously going to be more work available.
14-08-2011, 01:59   #431
Monife

Quote:
I thought that if you were taken on say in late July you would have a better chance of an extension as people who started in June would only be covering summer holidays, whereas people who start later are more likely to be covering long term absenses like maternity leave, sick leave or term time. Also it depends where you are working, in a busy social welfare office for example there is obviously going to be more work available.
Yeah it really depends on the office. They are being forced by the "higher beings" to reduce costs and the first stop shop is the temporary people. I was lucky that I was offered a 2 year contract from the start. In the CSO just a little bit over a year now Even the TCO's resigning here are not being replaced, even though they should be with the processing of the census forms. But HR are not allowed to replace them and/or take on any more.
15-08-2011, 10:36   #432
gazzer

Quote:
The Jobsbridge schme (aka Slave Labour initiative) is starting to advertise for people to work in government departments so I would say the chances of any temp staff being kept on for longer periods is nil. The Department of Justice is looking for staff under Jobsbridge and other departments are going to be following suit.

Its a win win for them, they dont have to pay staff anything.
15-08-2011, 20:13   #433
Delancey
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer View Post
The Jobsbridge schme (aka Slave Labour initiative) is starting to advertise for people to work in government departments so I would say the chances of any temp staff being kept on for longer periods is nil. The Department of Justice is looking for staff under Jobsbridge and other departments are going to be following suit.

Its a win win for them, they dont have to pay staff anything.
....and the race to the bottom continues.....
Thanks from:
29-08-2011, 17:53   #434
Mayo Miss

I got a phone call today asking me to come to Dublin for an interview next week for the Mayo region. I had given up all hope on hearing anything from them.

I'm looking forward to getting the email off them to see what's expected in the interview. I could really do with getting this or any job!
29-08-2011, 18:59   #435
Mister Dread
Banned

People working already in the Civil Service under these jobbridge schemes. This is the new reality.
Thread Closed