Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2011, 17:21   #31
johnmcdnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF View Post
Listening to Adams talking economics allowed me to form a judgement that he hasnt a clue.
right we all know that a lot of you guys think that gerry's policies and knowledge is abysmal yes....

but FF have proven to be abysmal at making economic policies so why doesn't anyone laugh when they make their speeches

and what's so different about FG's proposals to FF's that makes FG's so much better??

the FF strategy has been proven to be completely wrong hasn't it - give me one example of where SF's policies have put the country where it is today

we're screwed either ways - why not just try to go for the radical actions and see how that goes and go out with a bang rather than a limp weak attempt to please the bondholders who made silly decisions with their money when they invested in ireland....

if I invested in this and decided to put it in rural leitrim when it failed should I get my money back - nope because i was a gob****e who though it was a good idea day 1...

the bondholders seeing as they should be economic experts should have been able to see the crash coming seeing as my father who is farmer kept preaching for years that there was going to be a crash....

it's disgraceful in itself that we should be expected to bail them out because they're big players at the expense of the ordinary person in ireland now today...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-02-2011, 17:48   #32
nesf

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcdnl View Post
but FF have proven to be abysmal at making economic policies so why doesn't anyone laugh when they make their speeches
Eh, do you read this forum? That's been the constant response of the majority of people to anything FF has said on the economy...
(2) thanks from:
14-02-2011, 17:50   #33
PeterIanStaker
Closed Account

Why is Gormley even in this? The Greens will hopefully cease to exist after the 25th of this month, for biting the FF apple.
14-02-2011, 17:51   #34
GSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcdnl View Post
right we all know that a lot of you guys think that gerry's policies and knowledge is abysmal yes....

Who said we take FF seriously? They are acting more like pundits who have experienced prolonged amnesia. The "best" they can do is carp at others policies and claim to have "experience". But FF's faults dont make SF any more attractive.

SF policies are just as unrealistic as FF's. Both are not burdened with the prospect of actually having to implement the ideas they spout.
14-02-2011, 17:53   #35
GSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterIanStaker View Post
Why is Gormley even in this? The Greens will hopefully cease to exist after the 25th of this month, for biting the FF apple.
As I understand it, RTE allocate tv and radio time based on the current number of TDs that each party has. Someone correct me if this is not the case.
Advertisement
14-02-2011, 17:53   #36
Kasabian
Closed Account

I hope Pat shows Gerry enough respect to allow him the time to express his opinions and doesn't just focus his attention on the main parties that sponsor his massive salary.
14-02-2011, 17:53   #37
Mr.Micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockstep View Post
Looking forward to seeing Adams, he'd be an asset to the Dáil. Would be interesting to see how he comes across.
Hope Gilmore shows more passion. He came across as restrained on TV3 which doesn't suit his usual speaking style.
Well if Gilmore comes across sheeplike and deferential again, apologetic even, then he may lose more points. Be rude Gilmore, assertive, get stuck in, as polite does not work in debates and do not allow Martin to interrupt constantly. Adams will certainly land a few on Martin that's for sure.

I want emigration addressed and the plight of young people, its like the elephant in the corner so far.
14-02-2011, 17:54   #38
phantom_lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe Tone View Post
I say Adams is probably the most skilled and charismatic out of the lot, home he comes across well.
Better hope they don't ask him any questions that relate to Ireland or the economy.
14-02-2011, 17:56   #39
Mr.Micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
I hope Pat shows Gerry enough respect to allow him the time to express his opinions and doesn't just focus his attention on the main parties that sponsor his massive salary.
RTE will want to keep the status quo and will take some weaning off FF.
Advertisement
14-02-2011, 18:03   #40
Kasabian
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Micro View Post
RTE will want to keep the status quo and will take some weaning off FF.
Start by weaning them off the easy tax they place on people to fund the over inflated salaries of the RTE elite.

Let them stand on their own and redirect the licence fee to health or education.

No party should a state sponsored mouthpiece.
14-02-2011, 18:32   #41
unit 1

I think Kenny will win 5-0 tonight (as if it matters) and about 75/79-0 friday week.
At last the electorate just might vote for honesty and integrity as opposed to the opposite ie FF.
14-02-2011, 19:13   #42
johngalway
Closed Account

Looking forward to seeing Gerry tonight.

Go on Pat, ask him how much children allowance is, ask him!

He may have boned up on it since his last gaffe, then again...
Thanks from:
14-02-2011, 21:26   #43
MagicMarker

So who's bringing the popcorn?
14-02-2011, 21:33   #44
Eliot Rosewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarker View Post
So who's bringing the popcorn?
The IMF have forbidden it.
Thanks from:
14-02-2011, 21:34   #45
Jim Stark

If this was a 5-way no holds barred brawl as opposed to a debate, who would win??!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion