Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2012, 19:42   #3811
TheBazman

I'm having a few problems with mine so sending it back to get it fixed under warranty, so obviously it will get factory reset. If I back everything up in Kies and just plug in the phone when it returns will everything be exactly as I left it eg upgrade to ICS, all contacts, apps etc?

Cheers
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 22:19   #3812
Patsy fyre
Closed Account

Skygo app is now saying that it is not compatible with this phone even though it has been working recently. Anyone else having this problem?
27-05-2012, 01:43   #3813
jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy fyre View Post
Skygo app is now saying that it is not compatible with this phone even though it has been working recently. Anyone else having this problem?
hasn't been updated to work with ICS afaik.
27-05-2012, 12:51   #3814
Testament1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRip View Post
You can unlock your phone (after root) using this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5sb2NrY29kZSJd

Never used it as I never had to unlock so don't know how effective it is. It does have some good ratings though
Used that app on both S2's that I've had. Worked perfect on my Meteor one and had it unlocked within minutes. It failed to work on my Vodafone one though so theres no guarantee of it working.
27-05-2012, 13:22   #3815
srsly78

Doesn't work with newer firmwares. So you could try going to www.samfirmware.com, install an old firmware via Odin, and then run unlocker.
Advertisement
28-05-2012, 19:22   #3816
Tigerandahalf

Battery not charging and phone getting hot

I have a Galaxy s2 for nearly a year now. Just today the phone won't charge. I plugged it in and after a few mins I checked it and the phone was v hot. It is not charging. I turned it off, took out the battery and let it cool down for a bit. Put it back in and recharged. 10 mins later I turned on the phone and it had recharged to 12%. However, v quickly the charge went down again. I have now turned off the phone completely and am just going to let it charge for a good bit.
However, I am fearing that the battery is in trouble and I will have to replace it. Am I still under warranty? I am on bill pay and have the phone less than a year.
Will I be given a replacement galaxy while phone is being fixed?
I never had this problem before. Very occasionally when I would turn off and then on the phone it would have lost its charge completely.
Anyone else have these problems??

Thanks
28-05-2012, 19:37   #3817
smilerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerandahalf View Post
I have a Galaxy s2 for nearly a year now. Just today the phone won't charge. I plugged it in and after a few mins I checked it and the phone was v hot. It is not charging. I turned it off, took out the battery and let it cool down for a bit. Put it back in and recharged. 10 mins later I turned on the phone and it had recharged to 12%. However, v quickly the charge went down again. I have now turned off the phone completely and am just going to let it charge for a good bit.
However, I am fearing that the battery is in trouble and I will have to replace it. Am I still under warranty? I am on bill pay and have the phone less than a year.
Will I be given a replacement galaxy while phone is being fixed?
I never had this problem before. Very occasionally when I would turn off and then on the phone it would have lost its charge completely.
Anyone else have these problems??

Thanks
my charger stopped working last week
28-05-2012, 19:59   #3818
Tigerandahalf

The charger or battery itself??
29-05-2012, 23:11   #3819
balkieb2002

Send a message via Yahoo to balkieb2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerandahalf View Post
The charger or battery itself??
Have you tried charging from a computer?
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 15:07   #3820
Patsy fyre
Closed Account

Anyone having the problem of the phone switching off when you toggle with the wifi? It's annoying as fcuk at this stage.
30-05-2012, 16:53   #3821
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilerf View Post
my charger stopped working last week
I had exactly the same issue and asked the same question in this forum (I think) about 4 weeks ago. The solution I was given has worked for me, so give it a try.

Leave the phone on & allow it to run out of power completely on its own.

Then recharge it.

Good luck.
(2) thanks from:
31-05-2012, 09:16   #3822
AntiRip
Closed Account

Quote:
Anyone having the problem of the phone switching off when you toggle with the wifi? It's annoying as fcuk at this stage.
That's used to drive me crazy on another rom. I'd go for my phone 2 or 3 times a day and it used to be switched off by itself.

Yesterday I had 70%+ charge on my phone and rebooted it as it froze on me. When I switched it on there was only 14% left. Lots of bugs on ICS still I'm afraid.
31-05-2012, 10:06   #3823
Patsy fyre
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRip View Post
Quote:
That's used to drive me crazy on another rom. I'd go for my phone 2 or 3 times a day and it used to be switched off by itself.

Yesterday I had 70%+ charge on my phone and rebooted it as it froze on me. When I switched it on there was only 14% left. Lots of bugs on ICS still I'm afraid.
Yeah that's exactly what is happening my phone. I seem to be getting an awful dose of it recently. Really annoying me.
31-05-2012, 13:15   #3824
Coopaloop

For some reason my phone number is showing up as private when I ring people, didnt change anything on the phone, it was fine yesterday, but just today its ringing on private. I went into settings and made sure the "show number" option was selected and it was.

Anyone else have this problem?? And how do I fix it?

Thanks a mill
31-05-2012, 16:45   #3825
srsly78

If you don't like TouchWiz, just install another launcher (examples: launcherpro, Go launcher). No rooting or modding required.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion