Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

19-04-2012, 15:06   #91
Linda dub

Thats great news to hear at least you finally got a decision and not before time ... Unbelivable a whole year waiting! Im sure you will get it all backdated and you can sort everything out ... Great to hear a bit good news here for a change .... Its well deserved, its not an easy job to do physically or mentally at least your getting your entitlements now
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 16:47   #92
browneyedrosha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda dub View Post
Thats great news to hear at least you finally got a decision and not before time ... Unbelivable a whole year waiting! Im sure you will get it all backdated and you can sort everything out ... Great to hear a bit good news here for a change .... Its well deserved, its not an easy job to do physically or mentally at least your getting your entitlements now
Thanks Linda dub! Its really a gr8 feeling. Everyone sharing this thread knows the frustration felt in being left waiting in limbo on decisions. as you said its hard enough physically, emotionally and mentally without being made feel that we are 2nd class citizens.
I sincerely hope you and everyone out there in 'waiting land' have good outcomes and get the recognition so badly deserved.
Its so upsetting to read that some people been cared for have passed away while waiting for a decision. i cant even start to imagine the extra upset and anger they must be feeling. As you said it hard enough.

But maybe my bit of news may just (& i really hope) give some a little hope that there is a glimmer of light even after a year!
19-04-2012, 20:48   #93
Jasssss

Ah,that's great news.I wish you all the best and hope many more on this forum have the same outcome.
20-04-2012, 10:06   #94
IrishMumOf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedrosha View Post
Thanks Linda dub! Its really a gr8 feeling. Everyone sharing this thread knows the frustration felt in being left waiting in limbo on decisions. as you said its hard enough physically, emotionally and mentally without being made feel that we are 2nd class citizens.
I sincerely hope you and everyone out there in 'waiting land' have good outcomes and get the recognition so badly deserved.
Its so upsetting to read that some people been cared for have passed away while waiting for a decision. i cant even start to imagine the extra upset and anger they must be feeling. As you said it hard enough.

But maybe my bit of news may just (& i really hope) give some a little hope that there is a glimmer of light even after a year!
Well done, that was a long hard year for you, pray others incl myself can get the same happy news soon.
20-04-2012, 10:57   #95
skate22

Finally a bit of good news for someone. It has been a long wait for you and I am so glad that its finally over for you. Will give a little bit of hope to others who are waiting as well. As far as I am aware you will get the money backdated to your original application. I know a friend of mine did and after all it is money you earned doing a very tough job. Well done

Best of luck
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-04-2012, 14:16   #96
Linda dub

Hi folks i got letter from carers this morn looking for more information .... Spoke to somebody who said this is last information needed before decision made . I asked was both my parents medicals passesd and he said one done so far i then asked was the one passed and he said couldnt give me that information over phone !!!! When i asked how much longer before i know ofdecision he said they only work on aug applicants be at least another 4 to 5 weeks so def taking 36 to 40 weeks (( ive faxed over the information they required rather than post it... Fingers crossed it gets there and doesnt cause any more delays

Last edited by Linda dub; 20-04-2012 at 14:19.
21-04-2012, 00:27   #97
browneyedrosha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda dub View Post
Hi folks i got letter from carers this morn looking for more information .... Spoke to somebody who said this is last information needed before decision made . I asked was both my parents medicals passesd and he said one done so far i then asked was the one passed and he said couldnt give me that information over phone !!!! When i asked how much longer before i know ofdecision he said they only work on aug applicants be at least another 4 to 5 weeks so def taking 36 to 40 weeks (( ive faxed over the information they required rather than post it... Fingers crossed it gets there and doesnt cause any more delays
OMG! that is soooo frustrating for you! imagine that they want all ur info but cant answer a simple ? over the phone! crazy! i would defo keep calling them every week. I did submit extra medical info on 2 occasions because my situ was going on so long, but perhaps this helped me as health had deteriorated a good bit in the yr. im sorry to hear you have another wait on ur hands, but hopefully itll be soon resolved and you will be passed. best of luck!

Also thanks to all for all the 'good luck' wishes you all expressed towards me. N i will be keeping an eye on how you are all progressing. Keep the chin up
22-04-2012, 19:29   #98
Jasssss

Does anyone know that if you are awarded the Carer's Allowance is the respite grant included in your back payment or do you loose this.
22-04-2012, 20:21   #99
Linda dub

As far as i Know you Have to Be getting carers allowance in the first week In june to automatically get respite grant... Ive heard can still Apply for grant if dont qualify for carers ... Regarding getting it backdated im not too sure bt respite grant guidelines might give you More info?
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 21:54   #100
jamescc

when i won my appeal. i was back dated the money that is including the Respite money as well . but i had to wait a little longer as the bank account that i gave when i applied had closed. i had to open a new account and they had to wait till it bounced of my closed account before they could reissue the money .

I would like to ask is the Respite money paid in the first week in June or the end of June . i am planning on paying my car insurance out of it. as it ends on the 25 may

Last edited by jamescc; 22-04-2012 at 23:16. Reason: left something out
22-04-2012, 22:37   #101
IrishMumOf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescc View Post
when i won my appeal. i was back dated the money that is including the rest bite money as well . but i had to wait a little longer as the bank account that i gave when i applied had closed. i had to open a new account and they had to wait till it bounced of my closed account before they could reissue the money .

I would like to ask is the rest bite money paid in the first week in June or the end of June . i am planning on paying my car insurance out of it. as it ends on the 25 may
I read on this link it was the first week in June, Published on Thursday 2nd June 2011

http://www.merrionstreet.ie/index.ph...arers-in-2011/
22-04-2012, 23:14   #102
jamescc

so by my figures i will miss it by a week as the 31st of may is the the last Thursday of the month.
22-04-2012, 23:54   #103
IrishMumOf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescc View Post
so by my figures i will miss it by a week as the 31st of may is the the last Thursday of the month.

Looks that way, its so much cheaper paying that kind of thing in one go too. Maybe I have it wrong but thats the only date I could find online for it. I am just praying I get my carers allowance and they backdate it incl the respite grant as it looks like I have another 8 to 9 weeks to go before I hear anything.
23-04-2012, 09:46   #104
skate22

If you had been caring for someone 6 weeks (I think) prior to June you will get the respite grant included in your back pay. You also do not have to be in receipt of Carer's Allowance to apply for the grant. You have up to Dec of this year to apply for the grant for 2011. If you are getting Carer's Allowance you are automatically paid the grant at the beginning of June. This is info I was given by Citizens Advice.

As I am waiting for my appeal to be sorted I decided to apply for the grant separately and when I rang them they told me that they are waiting for the decision from the Appeals before they decide on my application. So I cant win either way.

My patience is running out at this stage and will make a few more calls before I get back in touch with the ombudsman. It has been a year and 9 months now since my original application.
23-04-2012, 14:05   #105
Linda dub

Jesus thats disgraceful skate 22 you must be fit to be tied at this stage!!!! Is there nowhere else you can get more advice about your situation? Terrible to think your on your own dealing with all this ... It be worth your while to get a solicitor ( tho prob too expensive ) to Give you some legal advice on Your situation... The best of luck anyway keep us posted on any new developments
Thread Closed