Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-02-2011, 23:12   #61
GGirl2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybeige View Post
If you have a wife/husband/kids. If not, it states not to tick he box:
yes ..
Advertisement
02-02-2011, 23:15   #62
jimmybeige

Just confirming! Just trying to see what everyone else did for that. I'm assuming it's not a big deal either way. Starting to question everything I did at this stage in case there's an error.
02-02-2011, 23:22   #63
GGirl2010

Quote:
Just confirming! Just trying to see what everyone else did for that. I'm assuming it's not a big deal either way. Starting to question everything I did at this stage in case there's an error.

k..
02-02-2011, 23:29   #64
GGirl2010

techi-fan.. can i ask a qs. just wondering for a second year for canada work visa,do they ask for police certificate? i mean how is that possible from home , do you have to ring them up and get them to send it out to canada where your at? and also if one made a crime in canada why would this be needed,as they would be kicked out anyway. Anyway personally thats what i think.
03-02-2011, 00:46   #65
tenchi-fan

Quote:
Is it definite you have to tick all the boxes?

The above would suggest that you do not tick this box unless you have dependents and instead write N/A.
Yes, you tick all the boxes apart from the one that you write N/A over.
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 01:35   #66
Jimmmy McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by can2011 View Post
Did you receive your application?
Nope! It hasn't come back to me yet! I'm in Toronto so it will probably take ages.. Such a joke that they expect me to wait around while it fills up! I have viewed so many applications of my friends who were successful and it is identical to mine!!!

One of my friends said on his form that he currently lives in Ireland and is currently employed in Canada.. I wonder are they even reading these forms at all?!

I'm so pissed off with it all now! I resubmitted an application which is essentially identical to my first so I'm just hoping I'm lucky this time!
03-02-2011, 01:47   #67
GGirl2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmmy McNulty View Post
Nope! It hasn't come back to me yet! I'm in Toronto so it will probably take ages.. Such a joke that they expect me to wait around while it fills up! I have viewed so many applications of my friends who were successful and it is identical to mine!!!

One of my friends said on his form that he currently lives in Ireland and is currently employed in Canada.. I wonder are they even reading these forms at all?!

I'm so pissed off with it all now! I resubmitted an application which is essentially identical to my first so I'm just hoping I'm lucky this time!

Did oyu have to submit police certificate?
03-02-2011, 16:08   #68
Jimmmy McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGirl2010 View Post
Did oyu have to submit police certificate?
I submitted a photcopy of it. It actually comes out much clearer than the original and I wanted to hold on to the original..

They don't say anywhere that they want any originals.

If they want originals, they need to specify that, not say that photocopies are alright, that you don’t need to certify them, and that no documents will be returned.
03-02-2011, 16:39   #69
Leif_Erikson

Right, a few questions as im just waiting on my police cert then posting it off to Paris...

1) For the bank account part, im under the impression I just go in to my bank and get the downloaded form stamped and dated by a bank clerk? Im thrown off by your mentioning of a 'confirmation letter' from the bank

2) For the organisations part, I wrote im my GAA club - as im not in any political organisations etc.... Would I be best off just print out this sheet again and leave it blank??
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 16:45   #70
eamog1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif_Erikson View Post
Right, a few questions as im just waiting on my police cert then posting it off to Paris...

1) For the bank account part, im under the impression I just go in to my bank and get the downloaded form stamped and dated by a bank clerk? Im thrown off by your mentioning of a 'confirmation letter' from the bank

2) For the organisations part, I wrote im my GAA club - as im not in any political organisations etc.... Would I be best off just print out this sheet again and leave it blank??
1. i just filled out the form and got it stamped and signed

2. i left it blank, theres no real need...they'll probably wont even know what that is...
03-02-2011, 16:46   #71
Jimmmy McNulty

Quote:

Are you at the stage where they are allowing you to pay?

You can leave it blank or out in the GAA. I don't it will matter. I'm a CA so I said I was a member of that for example.
03-02-2011, 16:49   #72
Jimmmy McNulty

Quote:

Sorry misunderstood your first question. I got the bank to fill out the form they provide. I don't think a confirmation letter is necessary. They don't say it is anyway. I think the bank stamps the top with one that has the branch name, address and they stamp their seal in the bottom right hand corner of the form. They also fill it out and sign it.
03-02-2011, 17:11   #73
C@non
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Em.. if you had ticked this box than it would be correct as you are agreeing to your wife/husband/kids to apply seperatly and to not accompany you.
If you have a wife/husband/kids. If not, it states not to tick he box:

Quote:
If you do not have any dependents, instead of ticking the box, please write “N/A” over it, by hand. .

what if you tick all boxes and forget to un-tick that particular one and not write N/A??
03-02-2011, 17:12   #74
Leif_Erikson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmmy McNulty View Post
Sorry misunderstood your first question. I got the bank to fill out the form they provide. I don't think a confirmation letter is necessary. They don't say it is anyway. I think the bank stamps the top with one that has the branch name, address and they stamp their seal in the bottom right hand corner of the form. They also fill it out and sign it.
Sound.

Also, in the additional information section, did everyone put down their parents details? I did, and put a stroke through the spouse section. Im a bit thrown off as why would they need to know this, given i've an irish passport
03-02-2011, 17:12   #75
tenchi-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@non View Post
what if you tick all boxes and forget to un-tick that particular one and not write N/A??
probably nothing.
You missed an instruction on the form. hopefully they'll let you off with it. i doubt they'd disqualify you for that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion