[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion - Page 5 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-01-2011, 15:42   #61
TheMilkyPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
They just love milking a old broken down franchise
It's the biggest gaming franchise in the world, Probably ever. Of course there gonna milk it.
Advertisement
23-01-2011, 16:24   #62
MarkY91

<snip>

Last edited by Nuri Sahin; 23-01-2011 at 19:31.
Thanks from:
23-01-2011, 17:26   #63
MarcusFenix

Send a message via MSN to MarcusFenix
http://ie.ign.com/videos/2010/01/21/...ily-fix-012111
Apparently some raven jokers are in charge of the MP, they did wolfenstein MP and quake 4, never played either.....opinions?......

ED IT: From Raven website:
Quote:
Raven Software is a market-leading and award-winning computer game software developer based in Middleton, Wisconsin. Since its inception in 1990, Raven's core has always been centered on graphic excellence and superb gameplay. With this focus, Raven has established a stability few in the ever-changing computer software industry have been able to achieve. As new technologies and trends continue to develop everyday, Raven remains dedicated to surpassing new levels of quality in electronic gaming.

Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of recent groundbreaking titles like MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE and X-Men II: Rise of the Apocalypse. Since its inception, Raven Software has developed some of the most critically acclaimed games on the market.

In 1997, Raven Software joined forces with Activision Incorporated (Nasdaq: ATVI) in a union that merged Activision's proven publishing and distribution resources with Raven's first-class development team. Since that time, Raven and Activision have leveraged important strategic relationships with market leaders like id Software to produce many of the most recognizable and award-winning games on the market.

Today, Raven Software continues to define the market by developing the most ambitious real-world and science-fiction action games for the PC and next-generation gaming consoles.
http://www.ravensoft.com/about+raven.aspx
23-01-2011, 17:36   #64
CORaven

They are also the guys during the Back Ops DLC maps
23-01-2011, 17:38   #65
MarcusFenix

Any relation? So are they doing all BlOps MP aswell?
Advertisement
23-01-2011, 19:20   #66
CORaven

Haha, not that I know of.
They are only doing the current DLC maps and future ones for Black Ops.
The current ones are all Treyarch.
23-01-2011, 19:26   #67
bubbleking
Closed Account

<snip>

Last edited by Nuri Sahin; 23-01-2011 at 19:31.
23-01-2011, 19:35   #68
Nuri Sahin
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
Removed a a good few posts that were completely off topic and frankly some of which were stupid.

Keep it on topic folks.

Thanks.

Last edited by Nuri Sahin; 23-01-2011 at 19:42.
23-01-2011, 19:54   #69
MarcusFenix

Well hopefully they will do a good job, the current maps are ****e!
Advertisement
21-02-2011, 13:21   #70
AGB_Ghost

I just want the ACR back and the M4A1 those babies were nuke candy for me, I will still play MW3 if its broken, unless they go from rank limit of 70 to 100 then Id be a bit pissed
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2011, 13:31   #71
AGB_Ghost

My two Cents........ have fallen out of my wallet BOLLOCKS

anyway, MW3 will have one thing, IW are good at in terms of gaming, making something new, they carried from stupid WW2 games into the Modern Age of war, which was awesome since we had killstreaks like choppers, automatic guns, gold guns and sniping which was mucho excellente and lets face it folks when MW2 came out and you played your first match where no one had Model 1887 or Dangerclose OMA combination thought out, it was the best game ever.

Knowing IW they will revamp all the stuff from MW2 into MW3 with tweaking to make it better (Like Bandoleer becoming Scavenger) and other things like new attachments, remember that time you were like "FMJ? are those flame bullets?" because of the emblem I like IW because they make new things all the time, like coming up with Nukes and EMP's and all that stuff.

Now im not hating of Treyarch, I will admit they arent my favorite game developers but they can make a game, but when I played Black Ops for the first time I knew what everything was bar Duel Mags, since everything was in MW2.

Now one thing we can be assured on is the Campaign, IW havent made a bad Campaign yet, in fact they get better, so If multiplayer is broken then I will play campaign over and over, in terms of multiplayer I dont think IW will disappoint since I heard Robert Bowling is cracking skulls and whipping the community to make sure this game isnt exploited, But I think we can all say one thing "F*CK ACTIVISION" those guys are the reason MW2 got so messed up, because IW have to ask permission to develop a patch, and patches waste time and money so Activison dont like patches, just how Activision refuse to buy dedicated servers because "What profit will we make out of these 'servers?'" the answer is none really, its for us, so we can enjoy a lag free game.

Now for the fun part, I heard a little tiny rumor, IW may be seeking security assistance from Treyarch in regards of stopping hacking, boosting and JTAG`s, in essence about 10% of the gamers in MW2 have hacked, Black ops players hacks are like 0.05% there is a rare 15th with like -1314% accuracy or played 2 days.

and Maps? Maps are awesome in MW2, I remember my first game of MW2..... TDM on Sub Base with a FAMAS..... 25-3 ahh memories.... anyway maps were awesome, map packs, not so much, maps like Terminal, Derailed, Afhgan, Favela, HighRise and ofcourse Skidrow.....ahh skidrow, how I miss thee.... were amazing, they were new, had secret locations and had effects like wind blowing harshly or snow fog (which was a bitch) but the maps were epic SO IW wont dissapoint in MW3 I would hope, and so what if they are from the campaign of MW3 it will still be fun, though MW1 levels.....bleh .

Now for weapons, MW2 had the best weapons in all of the COD games, ACR, SPAS-12, M4A1, M240 the list goes on, those weapons were unique in sounds, (unlike the M16 in BO and the Commando having the same sound) which was present in MW2 campaign where the M4A1 had the M16A4 sound but not in multiplayer, sound was awesome in MW2 lacks in BO.

One thing IW have to take from Treyarch is this, why was Black ops so awesome in terms of being balanced and not exploited, here is why

Treyarch:

-Made the entire Multiplayer before the campaign

-Made everyone in the closed Beta minimum level 20 ( I think)

-Made sure everyone had a taste of all weapons to see if some were overpowered

-Have a great security team, something IW lacks due to the break up of their company

- And simple, IW didnt do a full proper beta, they just made sure people got a taste of it, they didnt take anything from it.

they are my two cents.......and why the f*ck do you have them?

Last edited by AGB_Ghost; 21-02-2011 at 13:44.
(4) thanks from:
21-02-2011, 14:42   #72
Magill

I'd imagine that they wont be doing any drastic changes... They'll probably not modify the engine very much so the game will probably still feel and play the same as MW2. Reskin the player models (A junior game developer could do that on his own), new maps and a rethink in terms of killstreaks and perks.

We'll have to wait and see but im not expecting as big a change as from MW to MW2.

Im more interested to hear about respawn's first game and the possible annoucement of HL3 this year !! (PLLLLLEASEEEE VALVE ?????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGB_Ghost View Post
-Made everyone in the closed Beta minimum level 20 ( I think)

-Made sure everyone had a taste of all weapons to see if some were overpowered

- And simple, IW didnt do a full proper beta, they just made sure people got a taste of it, they didnt take anything from it.

errr ? Treyarchs beta testing was absolutely horrible... im guessing you never played the PC or PS3 versions for the first month or 2 ? They did a closed friends and family beta, which just isnt good enough for a game that will be played by millions.

They both should take a page from blizzards book (By far the best developer within Activision/Blizzard). The testing they do is absolutely rock solid.

Last edited by Magill; 21-02-2011 at 14:48.
21-02-2011, 15:34   #73
AGB_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill View Post
I'd imagine that they wont be doing any drastic changes... They'll probably not modify the engine very much so the game will probably still feel and play the same as MW2. Reskin the player models (A junior game developer could do that on his own), new maps and a rethink in terms of killstreaks and perks.

We'll have to wait and see but im not expecting as big a change as from MW to MW2.

Im more interested to hear about respawn's first game and the possible annoucement of HL3 this year !! (PLLLLLEASEEEE VALVE ?????)

errr ? Treyarchs beta testing was absolutely horrible... im guessing you never played the PC or PS3 versions for the first month or 2 ? They did a closed friends and family beta, which just isnt good enough for a game that will be played by millions.

They both should take a page from blizzards book (By far the best developer within Activision/Blizzard). The testing they do is absolutely rock solid.

I dont play PS3 and my PC is as reliable as a noob with a jtag, that info was taken from a statement I saw ages ago, like last october
21-02-2011, 15:49   #74
AGB_Ghost

I have to agree with NGT with Treyarch, I personally love their commitment to gaming and how they made a Call of Duty to last us until MW3 but thats all it is, a pass time in my opinion, I was crazy for MW2 I went to the midnight release, got the Prestige edition, with black ops I was like..... "Meh might aswell go to the release to do something I guess" but one thing Modern Warfare captured is the Modern part, while playing the multiplayer, the killstreaks and weapons would remind you, your in modern time and it was kind of futuristic, in Black ops I forget im in the cold war and that this happened like 50-60 years ago, this game does not capture the fact it was set X many years ago which is a disappointment to me.

Last edited by AGB_Ghost; 21-02-2011 at 15:53.
21-02-2011, 16:03   #75
krudler

I dont mind if they keep the same engine as MW1 and 2, because its rock solid, I'm playing the MW2 campaign again (on recruit, I just wanna bomb through it) and its still really impressive looking in places, as was Blops single player at times, but not so much the multiplayer. The maps on MW2 are leagues ahead of Blops, Summit, Nuketown and maybe Stadium are the only maps I really enjoy, compared to Favela, Skidrow, Wasteland, Afghan,Estate, and Terminal, imo the best cOD map ever.

In terms of presentation IW are way ahead of Treyarch, everything from the menus to the sound and look of MW2 is superior to Blops, which is just dull looking throughout.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion