Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2012, 14:59   #2116
ShiverinEskimo
Highly Trained, Barely Motivated

HMod: PFJ
I will say one thing: I did go 'wtf' when Spoiler: Shepard came-to after the reaper attack and was wearing the casual armour and not the combat armour. Even the N7 armour - the short sleeves was what made me notice.

Meh. As I say, if false then the ending sucks. If true then Bioware missed a massive opportunity to make it just a little more obvious and rightly take their place as Sci-Fi kings.
Advertisement
15-05-2012, 16:34   #2117
ixoy

Send a message via MSN to ixoy
I really think the indoctrination theory is wishful thinking. Many fans have come up with better solutions / finales to shows/games before ("Lost", BSG etc) than the creators did.

I mean really though how can you better having not, not two, but THREE different colours! All the primary colours!
15-05-2012, 22:03   #2118
Mr. K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverinEskimo View Post
The vid makes sense and had Bioware just revealed it after the final scene it would have been the best ending to the best sci-fi game story ever.
That video is great and it makes a whole lot of sense! If Bioware reveal that the Indoctrination theory is the truth in the Extended Cut, I'll be perfectly happy...but I kinda doubt they will.

One visual element that really supports it is the Spoiler: blackness around the screen when you reach the platform.
15-05-2012, 22:52   #2119
ShiverinEskimo

Turns out the Multiplayer is a bit of craic.

I'm a bit shít though. I'm an infilatrator and I miss my incinerate too much.
16-05-2012, 02:01   #2120
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodler View Post
I think even the people who completely disagree with it (or even feel it makes a good argument but is ultimately overly-optimistic) would say you should watch it first.
Some of the video is really well put together, yes. Other bits essentially do what the game would have done if it was indoctrination (such as flashing back to things that were said at the right moment to make it look like indoctrination) but the game didn't do that so it's kind of bullshit. There are also big segments of it where he does nothing but engage in pure speculation and states it as though it were obvious fact (his whole "this piece of dialogue is actually a metaphor for resisting indoctrination even though there is no reason to believe that" really pissed me off).

Also, something that I don't think I've said before: Even if the entire theory is true, I still think it is terrible, because using such obtuse storytelling, with the different choices being unintuitive metaphors for how you interact with indoctrination, would be a really stupid way to resolve the issue.
Advertisement
16-05-2012, 10:31   #2121
Gunmonkey

Next MP DLC pack has been outed (though the "Vorcha want in" part of last weekends mission hinted at their inclusion).

Quote:
Notably, the game will introduce the scavenger vorcha race, available in Soldier and Sentinel varieties, the "Phoenix" Adept and Vanguard, plus new quarian Engineer and Infiltrator classes.

New map Firebase Jade is set around a jungle resevoir, while Firebase Goddess is set on the asari homeworld of Thessia.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...c-details-leak

No idea what the extra Quarians are for (arent those the 2 classes they exist in already? possible alternate versions of those classes with different skills like the Asari and Krogan in last pack?) No word on if its free like the last pack, would hope so but given how fun the MP is I wouldnt immediately dismiss it if it did cost a couple of €€'s.
16-05-2012, 12:37   #2122
noodler

I'd be surprised if the multi DLC cost anything.

It really isn't worth money imo just to have a couple of extra races and levels that more than likely should have been in the original game.

I'll be perfectly happy to play the multi with the old expansion (although I have to admit my interest is waning at this stage as I just went over level 100).

They are taking their time with the campaign DLC (I can't believe for a second some isn't coming).
16-05-2012, 12:45   #2123
ShiverinEskimo

That's something that annoyed me about the single player DLC for ME2.

By the time it had come out I had finished the game so I wasn't really bothered. I bought the more substantial ones like Overlord, Shadow-Broker but never bothered playing because they just didn't fit in right having finished the game.

Because I decided to replay the series over the last few weeks I went through it again where the DLC was seamless and it really added new depth to it. Shadow Broker in particular was great because I had romanced Liara in ME1 so it carried through quite well. Without the DLC Liara came and went in the game far too quickly for someone who was a central character in ME1.

This is why SP DLC does my head in - the developers are really only taking away from their own work.
16-05-2012, 13:34   #2124
foxerv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmonkey View Post
Next MP DLC pack has been outed (though the "Vorcha want in" part of last weekends mission hinted at their inclusion).

Quote:
Notably, the game will introduce the scavenger vorcha race, available in Soldier and Sentinel varieties, the "Phoenix" Adept and Vanguard, plus new quarian Engineer and Infiltrator classes.

New map Firebase Jade is set around a jungle resevoir, while Firebase Goddess is set on the asari homeworld of Thessia.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...c-details-leak

No idea what the extra Quarians are for (arent those the 2 classes they exist in already? possible alternate versions of those classes with different skills like the Asari and Krogan in last pack?) No word on if its free like the last pack, would hope so but given how fun the MP is I wouldnt immediately dismiss it if it did cost a couple of €€'s.
Anyone got any idea what the Phoenix race is going to be?
Advertisement
16-05-2012, 13:45   #2125
J. Marston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverinEskimo View Post
That's something that annoyed me about the single player DLC for ME2.

By the time it had come out I had finished the game so I wasn't really bothered. I bought the more substantial ones like Overlord, Shadow-Broker but never bothered playing because they just didn't fit in right having finished the game.

Because I decided to replay the series over the last few weeks I went through it again where the DLC was seamless and it really added new depth to it. Shadow Broker in particular was great because I had romanced Liara in ME1 so it carried through quite well. Without the DLC Liara came and went in the game far too quickly for someone who was a central character in ME1.

This is why SP DLC does my head in - the developers are really only taking away from their own work.
But it brings the cash in.
16-05-2012, 14:06   #2126
ShiverinEskimo

No I get it from a financial point of view. It's all about making money.

But can you imagine what it's like to be a developer. Pouring your heart and soul into a project only for some guy in a suit to ask you what bits to hack out so they can be sold as DLC months after everyone has completed the story.

I'm not naive enough to wonder why it happens, just saying it must piss the actual story-writers/developers off.
16-05-2012, 15:33   #2127
Gunmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxerv1 View Post
Hrm, could just be a new type of Adept and not an actual new race, since introducing a new race never heard of before is a bigger deal than some Vorcha runnign round. Possibly a new version of Adept and Vanguard classes for Humans, since it isolates the Quarians new classes and mentions a race before those.
16-05-2012, 17:49   #2128
foxerv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxerv1 View Post
Hrm, could just be a new type of Adept and not an actual new race, since introducing a new race never heard of before is a bigger deal than some Vorcha runnign round. Possibly a new version of Adept and Vanguard classes for Humans, since it isolates the Quarians new classes and mentions a race before those.
Having a quick read of the bioware forum it looks like most people there seem to think that it will be defected phantoms. Interesting.
18-05-2012, 01:45   #2129
Varik

Got another Crusader, 3 N7s with one at lvl 2.

Eagle and crusader got a jump in power for those that have it.

apparently the community failed to kill the 3m last weekend.
24-05-2012, 02:33   #2130
Varik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varik View Post
apparently the community failed to kill the 3m last weekend.
Bioware are making it so that banshees will spawn more often vs reapers and have a chance to spawn with other enemies as operation silencer failed.

Need to promote 50k players as community and 3 personally in operation shieldwall.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion