Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some Pictures Around UL

Options
  • 10-12-2010 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I do hate the cold, but one good thing to come out of this recent snap is that there are some incredibly picturesque scenes. I am trying my hardest to procrastinate so here are a few pics I took around UL(with a phone). Feel free to share any that you have!!

College%20007.jpg

The tunnel going from the Foundation building to the Main building, possibly the coldest place in Ireland on any given day.

College%20011.jpg

The tree outside the SU with alot of footprints despite being 8am

College%20014.jpg

There were some gorgeous scenes around Briarfield after the fog left a layer of frost.

College%20003.jpg

The white house as seen from just outside the Science learning Center.

I know we didnt get much snow but I did enjoy the small bit we got.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I took a few of the living bridge a few months back
    5065789209_264d04ae59_z.jpg
    UL Living bridge by philipmchugh, on Flickr

5065787585_ed2a19f97d_z.jpg

5066398640_3ecf3851b3_z.jpg

5065784815_1b8bf803f5_z.jpg

5065784109_57ebb8cce5_z.jpg

5066394452_76ff58e825_z.jpg

5065780845_ff90a8aa4b_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Very nice man, I have never seen the bridge in that light, looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

v nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ciarawalsh

hi_im_fil, is the blueish colour on the living bridge what it actually looks like or is that just some effect added in later?

sorry never been over the bridge in the evenings/night

Excellent photos btw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

ciarawalsh wrote: »
    hi_im_fil, is the blueish colour on the living bridge what it actually looks like or is that just some effect added in later?

sorry never been over the bridge in the evenings/night

Excellent photos btw

It's actually what it looks like. The colours wither end of the bridge change too irrc. It's really cool at night is the Living Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Thanks for the comments on the pics :)

As cson said there is a blue tinge to the light. On the end of the bridge then, there are lights that change from purple to red and green every few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sinaydk

If you go into the millstream building and down the stairs, there's a little alcove that has a totally glass wall, in which you can watch the lights change from under the birdge. I highly recommend ye to go down one evening, its gorgeous! :)
    Lovely pics btw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 COOMKEEN3010

Nice photography dude ..... especially the bridge it looks out of this world!!! I cant wait to get to UL next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 here2help

Nice images! Here are some I got on the UL campus just before Christmas.

5348681817_29d24b9f57.jpg">
    5325042804_beae12f04e.jpg">

Advertisement