Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-12-2010, 18:10   #16
Mangud2010

....What a joke..

There's clearly somethin wrong with them ta go on in da first place!!?..!!!
Advertisement
10-12-2010, 18:25   #17
parker kent
Closed Account

I had to watch a few minutes at a friends house the other night, I felt like stabbing myself in the eyes. So it is fair to say that I didn't like it
(3) thanks from:
10-12-2010, 18:55   #18
Skuxx

I've been watching it because a lad I know is due to be on it, I just don't know when!! Its so painful to watch really and I can't stand Ray Foley! I've never seen a man so in love with himself!
Thanks from:
10-12-2010, 20:29   #19
ebbsy

Its worse than Fade Street.
10-12-2010, 21:57   #20
Handsome Bob
Closed Account

A bunch of ugly biatches with an over inflated sense of their own self worth cruelly judging blokes who are desperate enough to want to get with them.

No different from any other night out in a club at the weekend so, the only difference being that the blokes want their humiliation broadcasted to the masses.
Advertisement
11-12-2010, 02:07   #21
Corsendonk
Closed Account

A mate loves it, he gets a kick out of watching the girls come up with any excuse not to pick a guy. Its always whats wrong with the guy while the girl ain't no oil painting herself. Car crash TV.
Thanks from:
11-12-2010, 06:50   #22
tribesman78

Some of them are ok. But a lot will be on that panel for a long time with their attitudes. I think a lot of them put their light out just because they know they won't be the one picked in the end if their light is left on with others.
Thanks from:
11-12-2010, 07:11   #23
Havermeyer
Trader Moo

Send a message via MSN to Havermeyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ5by5 View Post
A bunch of ugly biatches with an over inflated sense of their own self worth cruelly judging blokes who are desperate enough to want to get with them.

No different from any other night out in a club at the weekend so, the only difference being that the blokes want their humiliation broadcasted to the masses.
Agreed.

A disgusting show for disgusting people.
Thanks from:
11-12-2010, 13:52   #24
THFC

I think the show is hilarious!! Some of the comments from the girls are sooo cringe-worthy!! Its so funny when one lad comes out and everyone just beeps him straight away.... "ya, its the shoes Ray, they just dont do it for me."
Ye'd wonder tho what kinda fcukin eeijit would go on it unless you're incredibly good looking...
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2010, 15:54   #25
thebossanova

Have to say, it's definitely car crash but hilarious! You can't not look! I'm pretty sure they scour the square a half hour before the show to get the girls. Half the comedy is some of the guys taking it seriously and looking really down when they get 17 'No's' after they walk out and say where they're from!

It's so bad it's good.
11-12-2010, 23:11   #26
Panthro

I remember once when I was a kid getting dragged to a mart by my friend and his father. All I seen was a cow standing in the middle of a ring and a load of aul farmers looking at this cow.
If you reverse the situation and put the cows standing alongside the ring gawking at the fella, thats pretty much the theme for "take me out".

Its so cringe I watch it, but it paints irish girls soo badly, talk about judgemental. Everything from hairstyle to nose size to clothes the lads are wearing, honestly some of the ladies on the show, get down off that fecking high horse ye appear to have mounted yerselves on. Some of us blokes are actually pretty daycent human beings, and yes I'm aware that on any given night out lads do tend to make complete knobs of themselves around ye, but there are a few sound heads in the bunch too, if they have the ballz to appear on national television, for jaysus sake don't criticize their physical features in public, its the way they are, nobodys perfect.

Last edited by Panthro; 11-12-2010 at 23:18.
(3) thanks from:
11-12-2010, 23:18   #27
Smeggy

It's just a bit of a laugh, the girls are shallow and totally base their judgement on looks but when the man has to whittle the girls down you can be sure he will pick the two best looking ladies available so they can hardly complain!!
(3) thanks from:
11-12-2010, 23:29   #28
Panthro

yeah thats true alright, the lads do pick the more attractive girls in the bunch typically. But say if the situation was reversed, imagine a lad telling a girl he didn't like the look of her nose or her legs or dare I suggest her boob size or something like that, there would be uproar altogether.
I know the show is meant as a bit of light hearted entertainment and all that, but some of the comments are pretty personal, if one of the contestants took it to heart, it might be a real confidence knock.
Thanks from:
12-12-2010, 01:37   #29
krudler

Its just reverse sexism at work again in the media, women judging men on physical appearance? only a laugh, reverse the situation? well thats digusting sexism and shallow.

I've seen about 10 minutes of this, the braincells that were killed from the sheer vapid bullsh1t on it I'll never get back. It makes The Hills look intelligent.
12-12-2010, 11:26   #30
Smeggy

Well (speaking as a girl) I would love to see the show if the situation was reversed! I think fair play to anyone who has the confidence to get up and be judged by 30 members of the opposite sex and get instant feedback (bad, good or indifferent)

*I do agree some of the girls get too personal with their comments!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion