Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Take Me Out tv3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I know a girl due to be on it and she said the whole thing is about 75% staged??
    Smeggy wrote: »
    Well (speaking as a girl) I would love to see the show if the situation was reversed! I think fair play to anyone who has the confidence to get up and be judged by 30 members of the opposite sex and get instant feedback (bad, good or indifferent)

*I do agree some of the girls get too personal with their comments!

The same girl said that after Christmas the new series has the roles reversed with one girl and 30 men. It's due to be broadcast in February I think. Should be interesting to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

its pretty funny when any cork lads come out. Do they ever last past the first round?

Its a very stupid/ crap show, I watch it for the laugh, to take the piss of it. Me and the misses get great craic out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't know where the stereotype that Irish women are hard to approach comes from...
    If these women need to go on a dating show to find their man it really says more about them than the men of Ireland.
    I actually know one of the girls who was on it. She's a stand up comedian by trade and is actually a very cool person. Quite a few standups were asked to partake in the show to 'help make it funnier' so don't be too surprised if a lot of the put downs/mad bits are scripted.

I think that
    girl Lol might be the stand up comedienne cos she's hilarious!
    Very entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

MissMiami wrote: »
    I think that
    girl Lol might be the stand up comedienne cos she's hilarious!
    Very entertaining!

Blonde curly hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

^^^^^^
    Nope, dark curly hair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Watched it last week. I think the women are behaving in said manner because the ball is in their court and they've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by being on the show.

They have lines of men waiting to come on the show so they're probably holding out for some fella who they really really wanna go on a date with. I'm sure it's difficult to remain modest when placed in such a situation and I imagine if it were the other way round the fellas would act more or less the same.

However, they are coming across quite poorly and I could only bare to watch about 10 minutes as I couldn't help but feel sorry for the lads being humiliated so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Hes too Tall.... He's too Short... He's too much of a mammy's boy... He's too Skinny... He's too Nice... :eek: He's too Quiet... He's too Shallow... He's to Crazy... He's too Hairy... He's too goody two shoes..., He's not my type,... He's too shy..., He's too Confident...,

He's too much of a player..., He's too much into his Career,... He's Unemployed..., He's too hot... He's too (ugly)... He's too smart... He's too much of a Culchie... He's from tallaght... He's looks Gay...:eek::eek:
    The list is endless so many lame excuses i felt the need to point out a few pathetic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

ah shur its just a bit of fun for your nightime.....love da show ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I believe Charlie Brooker would use the phrase "car crash TV, and proud of it" to describe the show if he was doing a review article:) I know a girl who was on it for at least the first three weeks, and knowing her personality, she would be one of the girls put in to try buzz off the lads and send them packing with a stupid reason (this one in question is not a boardsie, just for the record). That's not saying there might be decent, nice girls in there too...but that's not the smart way to go about finding a man.

Such a waste of a time slot, but what else do you expect from TV3...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Hes too Tall.... He's too Short... He's too much of a mammy's boy... He's too Skinny... He's too Nice... :eek: He's too Quiet... He's too Shallow... He's to Crazy... He's too Hairy... He's too goody two shoes..., He's not my type,... He's too shy..., He's too Confident...,

He's too much of a player..., He's too much into his Career,... He's Unemployed..., He's too hot... He's too (ugly)... He's too smart... He's too much of a Culchie... He's from tallaght... He's looks Gay...:eek::eek:
    The list is endless so many lame excuses i felt the need to point out a few pathetic ones.

In fairness I'd say the men's excuses could be just as ridiculous when the tables are turned. Being completely honest I'd never go for a short girl just due to my height (makes it quite awkward :o) so I can get where the girls are coming from to an extent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

I’m a girl but I have to say there is a very big difference between the women (and men) on Irish version compared to the English version. People on the English version are a lot more attractive, especially the women. Also, has anyone noticed how some of the women on the Irish version are quite old, theirs one woman on it and she has to be in her 40's. I'm not saying that’s terribly old in every day life but it seem like it’s a show for young 20-somethings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Janine has a head like a cinder block.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Some of the lads have definitely been pissed when they came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

dapto1 wrote: »
    Some of the lads have definitely been pissed when they came out.

Would you blame them?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

Any of ya's see the one where the lad -All the girls turned off their lights on him...

Foley hands him a lead and says 'seen as you did'nt get a date ,you can walk the dog for me'
    Quick as hell yer man replies 'Which one Ray!'

Fair play to him ....Mots were'nt impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I love Niamh C. She will be mine.

She's a looker alright, i think she knocks her light off in the 1st round every time though, snotty as hell i'd say.

As said it is cringe worthy, a lot of the lads seemed sound and just up for a laugh and then all the girls were just stuck up little cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Fair play to the lads that do it. You'd want a big ole pair of balls to get up in front of everyone only to be rejected.

Terrible show though. I'd say the producers are keeping a close eye on the cheque book.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Someone should go on dressed as Glen Quagmie and act just like him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Surely it's just deal or no deal with smellier boxes?

thanks x 100,000,000

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Theres another one of them birds........."Ray its the shoewizzzz"

• Advertisement

Don't know if anyone seen this lad on the show a few weeks back, looked like a young Chris Kamara

ck.png

But a few people buzzed him off straight away and Ray goes over to one of them and she says "i don't like rap music". That was before he said anything, made us lol.

The excuses are really brutal, the state of some of the girls and the majority of them are up there own hol*s. Saying that some of the lads and girls did seem like nice people, not all of them were bad but it is a very shallow show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Someone should go on dressed as Glen Quagmie and act just like him...

YES!...... yes...

F*ck it, I'm willin to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

well Niamh.C is hottt alrite, comes accross all nice, but honestly as if she would need to go on a dating show. Defo just on it to become a bit of celeb..

Carson10 wrote: »
    well Niamh.C is hottt alrite, comes accross all nice, but honestly as if she would need to go on a dating show. Defo just on it to become a bit of celeb..

I have to say being a culchie i don't think i could stand her for too long with that accent of hers, seems a bit up her own hole too.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Ah Niamh was the only real cracker on the show.

Darn, Niamh C is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just catching the show now, that Niamh wan is niiice!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

I find it a good way to kill time...wouldn't go outa my way to watch it!

But its just soooo cringeworthy when the lad gets buzzed out the first round!

Also i love when they show the couples a week later, one of them comments "yeah i think things are good might ask her out again" The other : " I dont like him at all!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd rather pierce my own testicles than watch this lowest common denominator shíte!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I really cant get over how poor the women are on it? The majority are overweight, caked in fake tan and horrible make up and bet into dresses 2 sizes too small!!

Above women giving lame excuses then to the blokes, like "I dont like his hair" or some rubbish...I mean look in the mirror...:pac:

Advertisement