hidden internet - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 03:32   #76
wil
Registered User
 
wil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,945
Grandpa Jedward does t'internet

Found it, the Outernet, has to be bigger than the internet, go ahead coz thats why we are here
wil is offline  
Advertisement
07-12-2010, 06:35   #77
liah
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,632
Just spent the night doing research on some of the deep web.

To anyone who's curious-- just don't. Please, just don't. I've seen screenshots of some of the places that are more easily accessible on the deep web and there's instructions on how to kidnap and kill children, how to gain social acceptance as a pedo, how to gain political influence as a pedo, how to verify "chatting partners" as pedos by sending proof of abuse of children.

All it takes is googling what a hidden wiki is and clicking on the wrong link. Note to anyone who does that: Do not, under any circumstances, access "Hard Candy." It's a pedophile ring.

There are also sites for "real rape groups," snuff, and other absolutely horrific things.

Seriously, this is something that I really shouldn't've done. I'm feeling physically ll at the moment. I really don't think this should even be referenced on a site like Boards where kids may happen across it. Normally I can ignore things that are morally ambiguous and am very anti-censorship, but this is insane, disgusting, and highly, highly illegal.

I hope the mods see fit to get rid of this ASAP.
liah is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2010, 06:53   #78
Diddler82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
Just spent the night doing research on some of the deep web.

To anyone who's curious-- just don't. Please, just don't. I've seen screenshots of some of the places that are more easily accessible on the deep web and there's instructions on how to kidnap and kill children, how to gain social acceptance as a pedo, how to gain political influence as a pedo, how to verify "chatting partners" as pedos by sending proof of abuse of children.

All it takes is googling what a hidden wiki is and clicking on the wrong link. Note to anyone who does that: Do not, under any circumstances, access "Hard Candy." It's a pedophile ring.

There are also sites for "real rape groups," snuff, and other absolutely horrific things.

Seriously, this is something that I really shouldn't've done. I'm feeling physically ll at the moment. I really don't think this should even be referenced on a site like Boards where kids may happen across it. Normally I can ignore things that are morally ambiguous and am very anti-censorship, but this is insane, disgusting, and highly, highly illegal.

I hope the mods see fit to get rid of this ASAP.
Fair play to you for stomaching anything that far, no. 1 I would not be brave enough for fear of going to jail and secondly I get really disturbed by anything like that at all, especially children.

I have looked on Sickipedia once before and I had nightmares/horrible visions in my head for weeks.
Diddler82 is offline  
07-12-2010, 07:03   #79
liah
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddler82 View Post
Fair play to you for stomaching anything that far, no. 1 I would not be brave enough for fear of going to jail and secondly I get really disturbed by anything like that at all, especially children.

I have looked on Sickipedia once before and I had nightmares/horrible visions in my head for weeks.
For the record I did not directly access these sites nor any of the deep web. I did however view a lot of (text-only) screenshots from wikis from within it and I don't recommend anyone go down that route. Even in simple text it's enough to turn your stomach.

I do want to say that the majority of the deep web amounts to nothing, really-- at least, not content. It's all just databases and things. But I do not recommend accessing the deep web at all whatsoever unless you have a working knowledge of how proxies and onion layering works and how to stay away from malicious websites, but even then, it's pretty risky and far too easy to end up on something you shouldn't.
liah is offline  
Thanks from:
07-12-2010, 07:12   #80
Diddler82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
For the record I did not directly access these sites nor any of the deep web. I did however view a lot of (text-only) screenshots from wikis from within it and I don't recommend anyone go down that route. Even in simple text it's enough to turn your stomach.

I do want to say that the majority of the deep web amounts to nothing, really-- at least, not content. It's all just databases and things. But I do not recommend accessing the deep web at all whatsoever unless you have a working knowledge of how proxies and onion layering works and how to stay away from malicious websites, but even then, it's pretty risky and far too easy to end up on something you shouldn't.
My general rule is, if it doesnt come up on the first page of Google its probably not safe!
Diddler82 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-12-2010, 09:33   #81
Phony Scott
Registered User
 
Phony Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiera View Post
You sure? I thought that was the cheat for level 4 in Mario?
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/05/23...hrooms%201.jpg

No, it isn't...
Phony Scott is offline  
07-12-2010, 10:25   #82
Duggy747
Registered User
 
Duggy747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8==D~~~
Posts: 11,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
There are also sites for "real rape groups," snuff, and other absolutely horrific things.
Yea, the web is an extremely dark, fùcked up place if you dig deep enough...............extremely dark place, actually. But, most of the "snuff" & "rape group" movies out there are faked, edited clips from twisted fantasy pornos. Many are very well done, the "actors" actually have a career making these videos.

There are only a handful of known actual "snuff" movies and there are very few "real rape group" videos, the "real" ones generally come from the Middle East. (I don't watch them but I know what exists out there)

The depths of the internet really is not a place for anyone to just wander into, you'll be pulled out of your comfort zone and probably be left rattled as to what you've seen, shocked at how such things can exist.

Majority of the "Paedo" sites are also bluff sites, heavily monitored and designed to catch the dirty fùckers. (They go after the ones who post images / threatening stuff) Padeos are sub-human but they're not stupid either (unfortunately), you wouldn't be able to just find a real group site so easily. That being said, there are many sick fùcks out there who write up their fantasies just about anywhere.

You really, really don't want to go any deeper into the internet. There are things you couldn't imagine that exist and are able to stay there because of where their webservers are located purely because of international law...........this allows for litteraly everything, anything and nothing you can ever imagine to exist on the web. The line of what's acceptable and what's not does not exist.

Anyways, puppies are quite nice, aren't they?

Last edited by Duggy747; 07-12-2010 at 10:28.
Duggy747 is online now  
Thanks from:
07-12-2010, 10:33   #83
Darlughda
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggy747 View Post
.

You really, really don't want to go any deeper into the internet. There are things you couldn't imagine that exist and are able to stay there because of where their webservers are located purely because of international law...........this allows for litteraly everything, anything and nothing you can ever imagine to exist on the web. The line of what's acceptable and what's not does not exist.
Jayzus. Is there really stuff worse than pedo/child stuff, snuff and rape/torture movies???
Darlughda is offline  
07-12-2010, 10:47   #84
laugh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCrackCorn View Post
kid is smoking the crack. That command does not show you that and is too boring to explain.
Traces the route maybe
laugh is online now  
Advertisement
07-12-2010, 11:09   #85
Duggy747
Registered User
 
Duggy747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8==D~~~
Posts: 11,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlughda View Post
Jayzus. Is there really stuff worse than pedo/child stuff, snuff and rape/torture movies???
Well, not to make it seem like they're any less vile than they actually are but, in a way, there are some things far worse than the rape / torture stuff (Mainly because majority of those are faked) there are extremely disturbing sites / communities dedicated to horrible things. I'm not talking about Gore sites, either.

The internet is like a reflection of the human psyche; The good side and the extremely dark side. It just connected these people together and results are communities sharing their "interest" in such things.
Duggy747 is online now  
07-12-2010, 11:58   #86
Donny5
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
For the record I did not directly access these sites nor any of the deep web. I did however view a lot of (text-only) screenshots from wikis from within it and I don't recommend anyone go down that route. Even in simple text it's enough to turn your stomach.

I do want to say that the majority of the deep web amounts to nothing, really-- at least, not content. It's all just databases and things. But I do not recommend accessing the deep web at all whatsoever unless you have a working knowledge of how proxies and onion layering works and how to stay away from malicious websites, but even then, it's pretty risky and far too easy to end up on something you shouldn't.
I think you're thinking of darknets. The deep web is simply unindexable content, which is almost all of the internet. Most of the content and data on my servers are part of the deep web, and none of it is illegal or immoral; you're just confused in this instance.

Darknets are anonymised VPNs that are all over the place. I'm sure there's lots of dodgy stuff hosted on many of them, including all the worst of humanity, but there are also legitimate uses for anonymous networks.

The hidden wiki is a Tor site, accessable only through the Tor anonymised network. It probably isn't strictly part of the deep web, as Tor sites are indexable. I don't think many crawlers bother, though.

Anyway, staying away from the "deep web" isn't possible to most people. If you have a Facebook account, then you have accessed the deep web. Ditto if you have used any service where data can only be accessed through forms or any password protected content.

Last edited by Donny5; 07-12-2010 at 12:02. Reason: Sp
Donny5 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2010, 15:44   #87
liah
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny5 View Post
I think you're thinking of darknets. The deep web is simply unindexable content, which is almost all of the internet. Most of the content and data on my servers are part of the deep web, and none of it is illegal or immoral; you're just confused in this instance.

Darknets are anonymised VPNs that are all over the place. I'm sure there's lots of dodgy stuff hosted on many of them, including all the worst of humanity, but there are also legitimate uses for anonymous networks.

The hidden wiki is a Tor site, accessable only through the Tor anonymised network. It probably isn't strictly part of the deep web, as Tor sites are indexable. I don't think many crawlers bother, though.

Anyway, staying away from the "deep web" isn't possible to most people. If you have a Facebook account, then you have accessed the deep web. Ditto if you have used any service where data can only be accessed through forms or any password protected content.
I already stated in a previous comment that I'm well aware the majority of the deep net is just databases and pretty much unreadable (to your average person) stuff.

My point is, that all it takes is two little words into google to direct you to child porn rings, rape rings, assassination rings, black market drug rings. This is the kind of stuff you shouldn't be encouraging people to investigate because it IS there and it's very easy to stumble upon if you don't know what you're doing. Fortunately I do, I'm not an idiot which is why I didn't click anything, but most people haven't a damn clue about proxies or anything else.

I'm not confused at all to what "deep net" is. It means that it's not indexable by search engines. This stuff is not indexable by search engines. Hence, it is on the deep net, along with the normal innocent stuff like I said.

I'm not an idiot, and I don't like the implication.

Last edited by liah; 07-12-2010 at 15:49.
liah is offline  
07-12-2010, 16:11   #88
Donny5
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
My point is, that all it takes is two little words into google to direct you to child porn rings, rape rings, assassination rings, black market drug rings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
I'm not confused at all to what "deep net" is. It means that it's not indexable by search engines. This stuff is not indexable by search engines. Hence, it is on the deep net, along with the normal innocent stuff like I said.
These two parts of your post are incongruous. The deep web is not a threat you need to keep people away from. To suggest that it is is absurd, as though the only thing stopping the average punter from becoming a child-porn, snuff and drugs addict is that he or she can't work out how to find it.

Anyway, I'm not at all convinced you know what the "deep net", as you call it, is, or what it constitutes. Child porn rings, drugs groups and terrorists aren't communicating on some insecure servers somewhere that just happen not to allow Google crawl them. They are using darknets, a completely different concept. Darknets aren't part of the web. They are effectively their own Application Layer in the IPS stack. They are distinct and usually unconnected to the web.

Anyway, if you find this child porn or anything like that, or the means to access it through a browser, through a Google search, then you are not in the deep web. If you find some dodgy forum where you find links to password protected dodgy content, then you are in the deep web, but you are dealing with content that someone has mirrored on the web from a darknet. These child porn rings would be far too easy to wrap up if they were simply on the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liah View Post
I'm not an idiot, and I don't like the implication.
I didn't imply anything; infer what you will. For what it's worth, I don't think you're an idiot, but I also don't think you know what you're talking about.
Donny5 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2010, 16:19   #89
Duggy747
Registered User
 
Duggy747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8==D~~~
Posts: 11,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny5 View Post
Anyway, if you find this child porn or anything like that, or the means to access it through a browser, through a Google search, then you are not in the deep web. If you find some dodgy forum where you find links to password protected dodgy content, then you are in the deep web, but you are dealing with content that someone has mirrored on the web from a darknet. These child porn rings would be far too easy to wrap up if they were simply on the web.
Exactly, these highly illegal and criminal sites can't be accessed just like that through such easy methods. Terrorist groups / child porn rings aren't going to have their business so easily available to the public. Very low-profile and probably something as minimum as their own VPNs would be set up.
Duggy747 is online now  
Thanks from:
07-12-2010, 16:20   #90
liah
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny5 View Post
These two parts of your post are incongruous. The deep web is not a threat you need to keep people away from. To suggest that it is is absurd, as though the only thing stopping the average punter from becoming a child-porn, snuff and drugs addict is that he or she can't work out how to find it.
It is a threat to people who don't understand the internet in general anyway. I'm pretty computer savvy but most people really aren't and could very easily access something horrible.

The Hidden Wiki is googleable and it's a directory of Tor darknets on the deep net. It's not incongruous to say that. It also gives instructions on how to access these sites. For someone who goes too far with their morbid curiosity I can guarantee you they will find something they don't want to find.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not at all convinced you know what the "deep net", as you call it, is, or what it constitutes. Child porn rings, drugs groups and terrorists aren't communicating on some insecure servers somewhere that just happen not to allow Google crawl them. They are using darknets, a completely different concept. Darknets aren't part of the web. They are effectively their own Application Layer in the IPS stack. They are distinct and usually unconnected to the web.
I know exactly what the deep net is. As I said before you replied the first time, the majority of it is databases and things that mean basically nothing to your average person.

The deep net is basically anything that isn't indexed by search engines (that are accessed by default.) In case you hadn't noticed I had already mentioned proxies and onion layering. I'm aware of what it takes to get there.

The Hidden Wiki, however, is directly accessible via google and has a directory to basically everything-- and not only directories, but wiki entries for a lot of incredibly heinous things, as well as instructions as to how to set up Tor. This is not good if people can find it.

Quote:
The Deep Web (also called Deepnet, the invisible Web, DarkNet dark Web or the hidden Web) refers to World Wide Web content that is not part of the Surface Web, which is indexed by standard search engines.

...

Deep Web resources may be classified into one or more of the following categories:
Dynamic content: dynamic pages which are returned in response to a submitted query or accessed only through a form, especially if open-domain input elements (such as text fields) are used; such fields are hard to navigate without domain knowledge.
Unlinked content: pages which are not linked to by other pages, which may prevent Web crawling programs from accessing the content. This content is referred to as pages without backlinks (or inlinks).
Private Web: sites that require registration and login (password-protected resources).
Contextual Web: pages with content varying for different access contexts (e.g., ranges of client IP addresses or previous navigation sequence).
Limited access content: sites that limit access to their pages in a technical way (e.g., using the Robots Exclusion Standard, CAPTCHAs, or no-cache Pragma HTTP headers which prohibit search engines from browsing them and creating cached copies[6]).
Scripted content: pages that are only accessible through links produced by JavaScript as well as content dynamically downloaded from Web servers via Flash or Ajax solutions.
Non-HTML/text content: textual content encoded in multimedia (image or video) files or specific file formats not handled by search engines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_net

It is part of the deep net whether you want to admit it or not, don't make me out to be the idiot when I've already said exactly what you said to me before you said it.

Quote:
Anyway, if you find this child porn or anything like that, or the means to access it through a browser, through a Google search, then you are not in the deep web. If you find some dodgy forum where you find links to password protected dodgy content, then you are in the deep web, but you are dealing with content that someone has mirrored on the web from a darknet. These child porn rings would be far too easy to wrap up if they were simply on the web.
You are in the deep web as long as whatever you're on isn't on standard search engines. This stuff is not in standard search engines, but still accessible, a lot of it even without Tor or other proxies.

The darknet exists on the deep web, they are not mutually exclusive and all and I honestly do not understand why warning people about the absolutely vile stuff out there is so bad.

With the deep web you don't know what you're getting unless you already have a fairly competent working knowledge and, as I said before, all it takes is stumbling onto the wrong thing which is very easy to do for your average computer user. Your average computer user does not need to know about this stuff. Even aside from all the disgusting stuff, there's loads of malicious spyware and malware and god knows what else floating around on there.

If you don't know exactly what you're doing, just keep to the search engines. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
I didn't imply anything; infer what you will. For what it's worth, I don't think you're an idiot, but I also don't think you know what you're talking about.
I'm not sure I'm the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Last edited by liah; 07-12-2010 at 16:24.
liah is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet