Pedobear and other child porn innuendos. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-12-2010, 00:54   #1
Terry
Registered User
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Confey
Posts: 22,767
Send a message via MSN to Terry
Pedobear and other child porn innuendos.

In your endo
Happy now?

Why the **** is this crap allowed on public forums on boards?

As you can see above, the word fuck is censored, but for some reason it's ok to allow pictures alluding to sexual abuse of children.
Before anyone starts, I'm not trying to get words uncensored, but using this as an example. Christ, the crap you have to go through to prevent the pedants from picking at your posts.

There was a post in the YLYL thread in cool vids... the other day.
It had the regulation and oh so funny pedobear pic involving an infant, but it also had a picture of a toddler with the word "Buttsecks?" above her.

I do understand that humour is subjective, and that what is funny to some may not be funny to others, but is boards really comfortable with people openly mocking child sex abuse?
That's what pedobear and all related images are doing.
Not only that, but they are implying that the sexual molestation of children is somehow acceptable and humourous.

I cannot understand why these images, which originated from a site known to regularly show pictures of children being abused are allowed to appear on this site.

Yes, I did report it, and yes to all the other obvious feedback questions.

Last edited by Terry; 06-12-2010 at 01:02. Reason: Morgan Bateson.
Terry is offline  
Advertisement
06-12-2010, 00:59   #2
An File
Lording over insects
 
An File's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21,167
Send a message via Skype™ to An File
I was surprised that picture wasn't moved to Nein 11 actually. It's hard to judge AH (and its sub-forums) by the rules of the Humour Forum though.
An File is online now  
06-12-2010, 01:04   #3
AlmightyCushion
Moderator
 
AlmightyCushion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Blah blah blah blah. Thanks: -3,487
Posts: 27,145
Ooops. Meant to delete that when it was reported but obviously never did. Deleted it now. The buttsecks things was a bit too far (did anyone else think overall premise of the pic was a bit stupid, the pics didn't seem to match up with the words of the song, anywho this is besides the point). Pedobear is fine in my book. It's a joke and stupid internet meme but it's fairly harmless. While it did originate on 4chan, I don't see that as any reason to ban anything, plenty of other memes started there (keyboard cat, lolcats etc.).
AlmightyCushion is offline  
06-12-2010, 01:09   #4
Tallon
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,926
It is in no way "alluding to sexual abuse of children"

It's a stupid meme, that has blown up this week because of the stupid Facebook Picture changes.

It will pass like all other memes...

I assume your talking about AH when you mention 'boards' because I don't see too much across other forum
Tallon is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2010, 01:11   #5
Terry
Registered User
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Confey
Posts: 22,767
Send a message via MSN to Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insect Overlord View Post
I was surprised that picture wasn't moved to Nein 11 actually. It's hard to judge AH (and its sub-forums) by the rules of the Humour Forum though.
To be honest, I'm not comfortable with jokes about child abuse anywhere on this site, but I do understand that some people do find it amusing, and they have their private forums for that crap.

In saying that, I'm also bothered by those with pedobear as avatars.
That's sitewide.

Cue the chuckleheads changing their custom avatars to take the piss out of this post, and then crying in PI when their kid is buggered by uncle John.
Terry is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2010, 01:14   #6
Terry
Registered User
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Confey
Posts: 22,767
Send a message via MSN to Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
Ooops. Meant to delete that when it was reported but obviously never did. Deleted it now. The buttsecks things was a bit too far (did anyone else think overall premise of the pic was a bit stupid, the pics didn't seem to match up with the words of the song, anywho this is besides the point).
Thank you.

Quote:
Pedobear is fine in my book. It's a joke and stupid internet meme but it's fairly harmless. While it did originate on 4chan, I don't see that as any reason to ban anything, plenty of other memes started there (keyboard cat, lolcats etc.).
I don't agree, but I'm too tired to argue that now.
Anyway, see above.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
It is in no way "alluding to sexual abuse of children"

It's a stupid meme, that has blown up this week because of the stupid Facebook Picture changes.

It will pass like all other memes...

I assume your talking about AH when you mention 'boards' because I don't see too much across other forum
Again, see above.
Terry is offline  
06-12-2010, 01:19   #7
Tallon
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Cue the chuckleheads changing their custom avatars to take the piss out of this post, and then crying in PI when their kid is buggered by uncle John.
What is your problem? Since your opening sentance you have given out at least 4 times about what you think people are going to say and or do in this thread.

Please just make your argument and nothing more
Tallon is offline  
(4) thanks from:
06-12-2010, 01:45   #8
The Raven.
Registered User
 
The Raven.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I do understand that humour is subjective, and that what is funny to some may not be funny to others, but is boards really comfortable with people openly mocking child sex abuse?
That's what pedobear and all related images are doing.
Not only that, but they are implying that the sexual molestation of children is somehow acceptable and humourous.

I cannot understand why these images, which originated from a site known to regularly show pictures of children being abused are allowed to appear on this site.
I have to agree with Terry on this one. I cannot understand how this is acceptable on Boards.ie. I find it offensive to make fun of child abuse, which is what the hideous bear symbolizes. How can it possibly be described as harmless?
The Raven. is offline  
(4) thanks from:
06-12-2010, 01:49   #9
Terry
Registered User
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Confey
Posts: 22,767
Send a message via MSN to Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
What is your problem? Since your opening sentance you have given out at least 4 times about what you think people are going to say and or do in this thread.

Please just make your argument and nothing more
Will do. And I'll get back to this in the morni...

Wait.
What?
Who?

Here's a meme you may understand;
Pro tip: Stop trying so hard.

When you're an Admin, or a mod of whatever forum I'm bitching and moaning about, then I'll consider listening to you. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, you're just the kid who used to live around the corner from me.
Terry is offline  
Advertisement
06-12-2010, 01:51   #10
Tallon
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,926
If you don't want to interact with a 'kid' like me and only mods and admins then post this in HD

Oh, and stop being a dick
Tallon is offline  
06-12-2010, 01:59   #11
AlmightyCushion
Moderator
 
AlmightyCushion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Blah blah blah blah. Thanks: -3,487
Posts: 27,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven. View Post
I have to agree with Terry on this one. I cannot understand how this is acceptable on Boards.ie. I find it offensive to make fun of child abuse, which is what the hideous bear symbolizes. How can it possibly be described as harmless?
As far as I know, pedobear hasn't leapt off the web page and raped an actual child. When he does I'll start considering it harmful. It doesn't condone child abuse, it doesn't encourage child abuse and it doesn't make people more likely to abuse children, hence why I view it as harmless or at least relatively speaking.
AlmightyCushion is offline  
06-12-2010, 02:04   #12
ibarelycare
cruel & unforgiving
 
ibarelycare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 38,860
Send a message via MSN to ibarelycare
Of course child abuse isn't funny. Either is rape, but people still make jokes about Larry Murphy. Where exactly do you draw the line?

I don't think a week goes by on boards where I don't read a joke about priests, alterboys, blah blah blah. Terry you've been on here 6 years so I'm sure you've seen a lot more of that than I have.
ibarelycare is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-12-2010, 09:34   #13
Quazzie
Subscriber
 
Quazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hairy; Nepal.
Posts: 14,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
When you're an Admin, or a mod of whatever forum I'm bitching and moaning about, then I'll consider listening to you. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, you're just the kid who used to live around the corner from me.
If its only Mods and Admins opinions that matter, why the fúck would anyone listen to you, after all your just a kid around the corner like the rest of us now.

Grow up!
Quazzie is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2010, 09:59   #14
oscarBravo
Administrator
 
oscarBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Westport
Posts: 20,755
A little civility would go a long way, folks.
oscarBravo is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2010, 10:17   #15
Overheal
MegaMod X
 
Overheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 37,303
Send a message via Skype™ to Overheal
Is it too late to reference the semi-nude photo of yourself that is still floating around After Hours somewheres? A public forum and a pubic photo in public (allegedly) no less for a charity that supported children.

So I am a bit surprised and forgive me that this thread is coming from you, Terry, as if out of the blue. You had another thread recently where you wanted to instigate the same annual tradition for the 3rd year in a row. My point being what exactly would you determine is The Line when it comes to Boards' public forums?

Last edited by Overheal; 06-12-2010 at 10:21.
Overheal is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet