Fight Night Champion - Page 8 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2011, 23:57   #106
ShaneU

Why is the career mode so bloody hard? Playing on pro, Cannot knockout Alvarez no matter what I do, can't even get him dazed, his face is in bits at the end of the fight but he won't go down, tried this three times now and am getting very annoyed. The only way you can win is by knockout so they make it extra hard to do
Advertisement
17-03-2011, 21:55   #107
12gauge dave

counter punching the only way in my experience
23-03-2011, 18:24   #108
nullzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gauge dave View Post
counter punching the only way in my experience
I'm finding that the counter punching is much less intuitive than in FNR4.
I loved the system in the last game, the puch control was tight and easy to learn, having to hold the shoulder button to punch the body is a step backwards IMO and where I used to be an expert at counter puncing I'm now always getting caught with a huge amount of counter punches and landing none.
Perhaps the problem is that I need to improve my head movement stats etc before counter puncing will become a proper part of my strategy.

I like a lot of the polish in this game but the core gameplay, for me at least has taken a step backwards. I feel that anything good I do is more down to fluke than skill which takes a huge amount of satisfaction out of the game.
It's broken my love of the series if I'm honest and unless they fix the issues that are brekaing the game for me in the next outing (whenever it arrives) I probably wont be spending my money on another Fight Night game
23-03-2011, 19:23   #109
Icyseanfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I'm finding that the counter punching is much less intuitive than in FNR4.
I loved the system in the last game, the puch control was tight and easy to learn, having to hold the shoulder button to punch the body is a step backwards IMO and where I used to be an expert at counter puncing I'm now always getting caught with a huge amount of counter punches and landing none.
Perhaps the problem is that I need to improve my head movement stats etc before counter puncing will become a proper part of my strategy.

I like a lot of the polish in this game but the core gameplay, for me at least has taken a step backwards. I feel that anything good I do is more down to fluke than skill which takes a huge amount of satisfaction out of the game.
It's broken my love of the series if I'm honest and unless they fix the issues that are brekaing the game for me in the next outing (whenever it arrives) I probably wont be spending my money on another Fight Night game
exact same with me, ive been playing FN since round 2 and ive always been decent at the games but im absolutely shocking at this game, it seems like anything i used to be good at in the game is gimped, duck and weave, outfighting, counters, quick dodging this game seems to be alot more of a brawler type game tbh
23-03-2011, 19:44   #110
12gauge dave

i find it harder than 4 myself aswell and to be honest only way i can win a fight is take a step back make oponnent miss and counter with power punch straight right!

you cant go after an oponent anymore cause they just counter by simply blocking you which is stupid maybe theyve put too much emphasis on countering which in doing so has left other styles unable to win a fight
Advertisement
24-03-2011, 12:16   #111
djkeogh

Are you guys talking about the online in the game or the Legacy mode specifically.

I like the new XP system they've incorporated into the game and that definitely has an impact on how well or effectively you fight. I don't think it's a brawler unless you want it to be. I mix things up alot by scoring from the outside then getting inside to land a few combos and more effective punches before popping back out again. Using side step and Weave alot to make the guy miss and score counters as well.

The only issues I have with the game are some of the cheap online tactics. Some guys online are just spammers either with body punches or blocking for counters. Don't get me started on the guys who just run for 10 rounds and manage to get a clean sweep on scorecards.

When you get an opponent who plays fair, and fights without the exploits, the game is on fire. I had a grueling fight the other night with a guy who fought almost identically to me. By the 9th round we were both in ribbons and barely able to move around the ring. Was one of my best match ups and either of us could have won at any stage.

Last edited by djkeogh; 24-03-2011 at 12:43. Reason: grammar
25-03-2011, 09:38   #112
DarkJager

Bareknuckle fighting to be introduced in the DLC. Result

http://kotaku.com/#!5785561/fight-ni...uckle-fighting

Quote:
Bare-knuckle boxing will play out like the prison sequences - no timed round, no referee, last man standing. So you can get in all the nutshots and headbutts you like. The DLC arrives March 29 for Xbox 360, March 30 on PS3.
25-03-2011, 12:15   #113
Icyseanfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJager View Post
Bareknuckle fighting to be introduced in the DLC. Result

http://kotaku.com/#!5785561/fight-ni...uckle-fighting
should have been in from the get go seeing as round 4 had it....as dlc too
25-03-2011, 12:36   #114
DarkJager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
should have been in from the get go seeing as round 4 had it....as dlc too
Round 4 had bareknuckle as well? I never knew that.
Advertisement
25-03-2011, 13:24   #115
Icyseanfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJager View Post
Round 4 had bareknuckle as well? I never knew that.
damn im pretty sure i read that somewhere cant find squat on it now though, i dont buy dlc's so im no expert on the matter but in all fairness BK boxing should be part of the game not an added cost
25-03-2011, 19:36   #116
nullzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
damn im pretty sure i read that somewhere cant find squat on it now though, i dont buy dlc's so im no expert on the matter but in all fairness BK boxing should be part of the game not an added cost
It had "Old School" mode which was the same as the hard hits mode from round 3, you wore gloves and rounds were as long as it took for one fighter to go down.
26-03-2011, 03:43   #117
Grayditch

Bareknuckle DLC? Paying for content that's already on the disc. Ugh.

Online is getting a tad dull. Another toe to toe with another Mike Tyson. Great. It's like FIFA, vs Barca every game.
26-03-2011, 08:12   #118
djkeogh

I've been keeping my online play to the OWC and not played any Head to Head fights online. It's a bit more varied in OWC.
Thanks from:
26-03-2011, 10:20   #119
Grayditch

Yeah, I'll give that a go, sure.

A guy I was playing last night was very sneaky. He butted me early on and proceeded to go on a major offensive. When I counter punched him into a daze, he hit a low blow and it went to the point deduction cut scene and I lost my window to knock him down. Dirty dog.
26-03-2011, 18:20   #120
djkeogh

yea, you'll find a few poeple doing that alright. I've won 2 fights by DQ cause they kept butting or low blows when dazed. It's frustrating but the guys who do it are generally not very good and can be easily beaten. It's the body spammers that I can't abide. Throwing nothing but jabs to the gut. Its cheap and hard to work against.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion