Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-12-2010, 23:36   #31
kateof

The bitch in me!!

I'm loving the model scouts, I think Tabea is a natural, but a part of me finds the show a tad bland!
There's no bitchiness, like on NTM? A bit of 'evil' makes great tv, maybe next year they could find a bitcy mag editor or someone to bring a bit of OMG to the show. Just my opinion, Dont get me wrong tho, I like that the scouts treat the girls with respect and kindness, I just crave someone to bitch about!!!!
Advertisement
08-12-2010, 13:46   #32
Mr Posh

That’s actuality what I like most about the show, The two mentors have respect for the girls and treat them like humans rather than trying to show them how mean the fashion industry is just for good TV.

Also the girls have respect for each other and seem to be friends which makes it more watch able than all the other cringe worthy realty TV shows including ANTM.

How Sarah was sent home I will never know, by far the most comfortable in her own skin and real in terms of her shape, but I suppose they always will go for no hips and small waste which I will never understand.

Great show RTE well done, I will reframe from mentioning that down the pub though!!
(2) thanks from:
08-12-2010, 13:58   #33
kmick

Sodomy Mouse

I am a shilling low post count person. I love this show because is great time. Anyone who hates this show is like hitler. Trudi is the best she looks great when she does blue steel.
(2) thanks from:
09-12-2010, 00:00   #34
Tracy Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmick View Post
I am a shilling low post count person. I love this show because is great time. Anyone who hates this show is like hitler. Trudi is the best she looks great when she does blue steel.
eh.......ok!
09-12-2010, 18:35   #35
Tracy Lee

was reading on another forum that apparently heather (who was kicked out in week 2 I think) has been signed by IMG paris. so looks like all the girls are gonna do well. nice to see they are not just being used to make a tv programme. credit due to IMG. it was always obvious that David and Jeni were in it for real and not just like ANTM which seems so fake compared to this show.

Not sure how many people are actually watching it but RTE have come up with a real winner here. in an era where everything seems so crass with fade street and one night stand (horrible programmes) nice to see we can make decent reality tv here.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-12-2010, 18:38   #36
Tracy Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateof View Post
I'm loving the model scouts, I think Tabea is a natural, but a part of me finds the show a tad bland!
There's no bitchiness, like on NTM? A bit of 'evil' makes great tv, maybe next year they could find a bitcy mag editor or someone to bring a bit of OMG to the show. Just my opinion, Dont get me wrong tho, I like that the scouts treat the girls with respect and kindness, I just crave someone to bitch about!!!!
Im sure they didnt all get on that well. no doubt there were some tensions and maybe itll come out. but I'm tired off all those bitchy programmes. looks like the makers of this did not push or feed that side of the girls personalities and they deserve a lot of credit for that
Thanks from:
14-12-2010, 19:12   #37
Tracy Lee

cant wait for tonights episode. its the second one from sydney. think theres only a couple left after tonights so its coming to the business end. I think Lucy might go tonight. She does not really seem to be at the standard being set by Ashling and Tabea. Ellen too. Jessica might go but unless Lucy transforms miraculously from what we saw last week then there can only be one result surely.
14-12-2010, 20:50   #38
shtemcguire

lucy looks lik she wants it i tink shell make an effort this week, shte over and out
14-12-2010, 21:57   #39
TaraFoxglove
Banned

My fave went! But the decision made sense, and she was very low energy in Australia. It kinda seems like she would have lacked the food discipline required.

Go Tabea though! Funny that's it the one with non-Irish origins who is the most successful!

Last edited by TaraFoxglove; 14-12-2010 at 22:12.
Advertisement
14-12-2010, 22:16   #40
Tracy Lee

Jessica was definitely the funniest but yes as the episode went on it became clearer that she was falling backwards and didnt have the heart for it. dont think she was gonna win it anyway. Its a straight fight between Ellen and Tabea I think
14-12-2010, 22:59   #41
Namlub
Closed Account

Tabea <3

The voiceover annoys me though, the guy has the worst accent and it's so intrusive - you don't need to narrate EVERYTHING.
Thanks from:
14-12-2010, 23:07   #42
Tracy Lee

I like his voice. hugh o connor the actor does it. but tonight I have to agree he was all over it. they need to stop getting him to describe every single thing everyone does. its too much

double bill next week so it will be over cos there is only 2 episodes left. pity it doesnt run into christmas week. it will be good to know the winner but dont really feel they ran this show properly. Whether it was the break in between or something but it barely feels like its getting going and its over next week.
15-12-2010, 00:54   #43
kateof

I have to say the voice over doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I haven't noticed him at all!!
I loved Lucy tonight, I think she is coming into her own, and gaining much needed confidence. I love Ellen too, but I think Lucy would be fantastic if she can just get out of her own way. I don't think Aishling has staying power, and is too concerned with everyone liking her, I think she will do great in Ireland - nearer her family.
Tabea is IT tho' I don't think her nationality is an issue, she has been brought up and went to school in Ireland, she sees it as her home, I for one think of her as Irish and am rootin for her big time. I'd like Lucy to be runner up.
So cool!
15-12-2010, 04:54   #44
TaraFoxglove
Banned

Quote:
I loved Lucy tonight, I think she is coming into her own, and gaining much needed confidence.
I know, very pleased that Lucy is making progress.

Quote:
Tabea is IT tho' I don't think her nationality is an issue, she has been brought up and went to school in Ireland, she sees it as her home, I for one think of her as Irish and am rootin for her big time. I'd like Lucy to be runner up.
So cool!
I never said her nationality was an issue, it just an observation, seeing as Ireland doesn't produce as many models as other nations.
15-12-2010, 11:59   #45
Mr Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraFoxglove View Post
My fave went! But the decision made sense, and she was very low energy in Australia. It kinda seems like she would have lacked the food discipline required.

Go Tabea though! Funny that's it the one with non-Irish origins who is the most successful!
I thought her mum was from Ireland and her Dad from Germany?

Another great show last night really watchable telly!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion