Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2012, 12:08   #76
vanderbadger
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3 View Post
thanks vanderbadger, I haven't got a wireless router atm, but have been looking at the 3larger one not the little mifi one, so if i get this sorted i should be in business? must look up instructions for ip address, thank you for your help.
Wondering what you mean make a few changes on the modem? at the min I'm just using the 3 dongle, if that helps
aah 3g, i was assuming you like eircom type modem, it would be harder to get working in your current scenario, similarly i was talking about a slight change on eircom type modem to let you access you camera from internet
Advertisement
05-02-2012, 15:08   #77
Grecco

Robin I currently have a wireless calving system which is on a 3g network. I can access the cameras and check my stock from anywhere.
I`m using ip cameras with pan and tilt functions Im not sure about your cameras I suspect that you would probably have to set up your own webserver to view them.
I can give you a list of the equipment I have and how to set it up if you want
Grecco
06-02-2012, 10:36   #78
pms7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceannfort View Post
definetly the way to go. installed CCTV sytem without broadband accessible cameras (for the want of knowing) as broadband was unavailable at the time. i now have broadban and regret it and am struggling to get anyone to clearly explain how i upgrade from my wired system to an internet accessible version.
You can get an analogue camera into your computer via a USB Video Grabber. I got mine originally for transferring VHS to DVD. €5 - €15 app from Eyespyfx and you have it on your phone (including non smart phone).
12-02-2012, 03:25   #79
paconnors

you cant use vodafone to strem video as they dont allow it, i should know i install cctv part time
12-02-2012, 18:32   #80
Grecco

Quote:
Originally Posted by paconnors View Post
you cant use vodafone to strem video as they dont allow it, i should know i install cctv part time
I have no problems in streaming video using vodafone, what issues did you have??
Advertisement
12-02-2012, 20:36   #81
roadrunnermick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecco View Post
I have no problems in streaming video using vodafone, what issues did you have??

So it seems everybody here are having no issue using 3g streaming and are very happy. This seems however to contradict a lot of the unhappiness with 3G mobile providers expressed in other threads.
12-02-2012, 21:20   #82
Grecco

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnermick View Post
So it seems everybody here are having no issue using 3g streaming and are very happy. This seems however to contradict a lot of the unhappiness with 3G mobile providers expressed in other threads.
Ive put up a link to one of my ip cameras working, type this number into the address bar
212.129.69.172:8090

username shauny
password robert123

I have good 3g coverage so give it a try and see

(I may limit the number of logins if things slow down)

Last edited by Grecco; 12-02-2012 at 21:23.
13-02-2012, 12:26   #83
Grecco

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnermick View Post
Ive put up a link to one of my ip cameras working, type this number into the address bar
212.129.69.172:8090

username shauny
password robert123

I have good 3g coverage so give it a try and see

(I may limit the number of logins if things slow down)
I've now

removed access to the IP camera
13-02-2012, 13:13   #84
roadrunnermick

Hi , Checked it out last night . Quite interesting how the video was interlacing frames with refresh rate. Did a pretty good job of it. Video was watchable. Only concern is, Peak usage , the network would slow to a crawl and become unwatchable as there is no guaranteed contention ratio when it comes to 3g tech .
Advertisement
13-02-2012, 16:34   #85
Grecco

I agree, your at the mercy of the 3g provider. The thing is there's is no real alternative in the countryside bar satellite broadband and that's gonna cost and arm and a leg. Fixed line broadband doesnt exist for 99% of rural dwellers

Its good enough though to check a few cows etc, (I had the PTZ functions disabled for visitors)

If lads want to see it again let me know
14-02-2012, 22:40   #86
aidanki

http://www.equicom.ie/single-calving-camera-194-p.asp

do these cameras give a good picture or is it gibberish, anyone got an equicom camera connected up wirelessly
15-02-2012, 20:36   #87
warfie35

i have single wireless camera, picture good, no probs at all with the system
15-02-2012, 22:02   #88
robin3

Quote:
Robin I currently have a wireless calving system which is on a 3g network. I can access the cameras and check my stock from anywhere.
I`m using ip cameras with pan and tilt functions Im not sure about your cameras I suspect that you would probably have to set up your own webserver to view them.
I can give you a list of the equipment I have and how to set it up if you want
Grecco
hi, interested to hear how you've set it up, wasn't on for the last few days so missed viewing your cam ,
My camera isn't an ip, but has p t z.
My dvr is from avermedia, but can't put my hand on the instruction manual
Do I need to download an app to act as a web server, can anyone recommend something they're using or is it specific to your dvr,
i don't have a dynamic ip address.
07-03-2012, 23:08   #89
leex

How many cameras would ye recommend in say a pen the size of a single bay of hayshed?
20-03-2012, 17:28   #90
user37

Hi,

i'm looking to buy a cow calfing camera as a present and not sure weather the wireless one would work or if id need to go to the traditional wired one (which id rather not!). the shed is within the 200m from the house. it's an older house with thick walls, does that matter? Also the bedroom is the far end of the house (i dont know if any of this matters). there is trees and a lower shed between the house and calving shed, would this effect my wireless camera.
Sorry about all the questions, i dont really understand how they work!

Also is equicom a good company to go with

thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion