Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2010, 19:56   #1
bogman

Another firmware update for the Desire HD 1.32.405.6

Just checked, downloading the update

Quote:
Improves screen control and Youtube Client performance enhancements
Wonder if it addresses the the proximity sensor issue

Direct link

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_Ace_HTC_WW...e6a4u8c87y.zip

Last edited by bogman; 02-11-2010 at 20:03.
Advertisement
02-11-2010, 21:10   #2
funnyclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogman View Post
Just checked, downloading the update

Wonder if it addresses the the proximity sensor issue

Direct link

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_Ace_HTC_WW...e6a4u8c87y.zip
Is this the 2nd update as I did an update on mine last week.
02-11-2010, 21:22   #3
bogman

Sure is, good to see HTC on top of things
02-11-2010, 21:26   #4
funnyclub

Quote:
Sure is, good to see HTC on top of things
Ah crap mine just went back to vodafone today
02-11-2010, 21:31   #5
bogman

Mine displayed "Limited Service" yesterday a few times when switched on but didnt seem to affect anything!!!
Phoned Vodafone last night, takes 10 minutes solid to get through, they reset something in my account, said if the issue was there today to return the phone to the shop where they would examine it.
All seems ok today

Why did urs get sent back
Advertisement
02-11-2010, 21:35   #6
funnyclub

Quote:
Mine displayed "Limited Service" yesterday a few times when switched on but didnt seem to affect anything!!!
Phoned Vodafone last night, takes 10 minutes solid to get through, they reset something in my account, said if the issue was there today to return the phone to the shop where they would examine it.
All seems ok today

Proximity sensor issue's
02-11-2010, 21:46   #7
bogman

Looking on the xda-developers forum and seeing several comments like this just now

Quote:
I did notice a little better performance after the latest update, thought it was fine before but now feels like the phone is fully awake Tested benchmarks and a nice boost, im happy Those small lags i felt before seams to be gone to, nice.
Is urs gone back for good or a checkup?
02-11-2010, 21:54   #8
funnyclub

Quote:
Looking on the xda-developers forum and seeing several comments like this just now

Is urs gone back for good or a checkup?
It only happened a small bit yesterday and I kinda panic'd and rang vodafone and they organised to have it collected today. Then it didnt really happen again and I my new cover arrived and I was starting to really like it again. But I rang HTC today and got no real help so let vodafone take it back I am now back using my 3GS till they ring me with the outcome.

One other thing that annoyed me about the DHD was when connected to my wifi and id go to download something it wouldnt download and id look to see if its still connected and it would say it was authorizing the wifi connect or something and I would have to disconnect and then reconnect to get to download something.
03-11-2010, 00:52   #9
shutterclick

Wondering if any of you could help me. When I've checked for the updates (both updates since I got the phone) it says I'm up to date, though clearly I'm not when I look at my software info.
Wondering if it is something to do with not having been able to get in to htcsense.com online yet? Total guess as this is my first android, first smart phone etc.
The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using my meteor sim. I got the phone PAYG from vodafone but it wasn't locked and didn't seem to have had anything done/added to it by them. Could that have anything to do with it? Again, I'm guessing.
Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm still trying to figure my way around this thing.
Advertisement
03-11-2010, 09:25   #10
HTCJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterclick View Post
Wondering if any of you could help me. When I've checked for the updates (both updates since I got the phone) it says I'm up to date, though clearly I'm not when I look at my software info.
Wondering if it is something to do with not having been able to get in to htcsense.com online yet? Total guess as this is my first android, first smart phone etc.
The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using my meteor sim. I got the phone PAYG from vodafone but it wasn't locked and didn't seem to have had anything done/added to it by them. Could that have anything to do with it? Again, I'm guessing.
Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm still trying to figure my way around this thing.
Sounds very odd, you should get an update, I'd give HTC support a ring and see what they say.
03-11-2010, 09:33   #11
HTCJoeSoap

Quote:
All seems ok today

I've downloaded the 2nd update and I'm seeing a good improvement all-round. Mine was displaying "Limited Service" a few times as well since I got it and I was getting no signal at all in places where I had no signal issues before with my previous Nokia phone. I'll be keeping a close on my phone and checking it over the next few days to make sure that its doing what a phone should do, (keep a signal and make and receive calls).
One half of me loves my DHD, but another part of me says I should of just stuck with my reliable Nokia.
03-11-2010, 10:07   #12
Atomic Pineapple

It can take time for updates to be "pushed" to some devices.

As for staying with Nokia, even their flagship smartphone feels like its prehistoric!!
03-11-2010, 10:45   #13
HTCJoeSoap

Prehistoric yes, but it was still reliable and I was always able to get a signal no matter where I was and I need and expect my shiney new DHD keep a decent signal and to be able receive calls/texts just like a phone should do and if it doesn't then I'm in trouble, because the other day during one of its "Limited Service" moments my misses tried to ring me and couldn't get through and got my voicemail instead when she should have been able to get through to me, I was only watching tv with the dog, not down in some dungeon somewhere. I expect it to at least have 1 bar of signal at home. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days and if it happens again then I'll be bringing it back to Vodafone for a refund, but I think the two recent updates have certainly helped.
03-11-2010, 10:49   #14
unknownlegend

My hd's with vodafone which is unfortunate as i have that proximity issue and this would prob fix it! Instead i.ll have to wait until it is duly returned as there prob isnt a physical fault...
03-11-2010, 11:22   #15

On xda there were limited service complaints too, aparently the latest firmware posted above includes updated radio so that may be the fix for the limited service that people were receiving.

Im still waiting on the handset myself but you have to give credit to HTC when it comes to being ontop of problems with updates ect

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion