Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE*** - Page 39 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-03-2012, 15:40   #571
Dreddybajs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,083
Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).
Dreddybajs is offline  
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 17:11   #572
Ryuzaki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
I'm looking for a 4-way gate (I think) for a FS3, but I know somewhere between very littl, and absolutely nothing about such things. Is there any particular type, or website you'd recommend?
Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well
Ryuzaki is offline  
16-03-2012, 17:31   #573
K.O.Kiki
Registered User
 
K.O.Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9,351
Paewang is available for cheaper as the Datel Arcade Pro on Amazon.

And it is not 4-way, it is 8-way SQUARE.
Personally, I like the button layout, but the quality of parts is sub-par & should be replaced ASAP.

deathrider, is it possible you wanted an OCTO gate?
K.O.Kiki is offline  
16-03-2012, 17:31   #574
deathrider
Registered User
 
deathrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Galway
Posts: 3,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddybajs View Post
Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).
Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well
FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.
deathrider is offline  
16-03-2012, 17:45   #575
Ryuzaki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.



FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.
Ah, Sincere apologies. I misread horribly. I usually don't do this stuff but I saw the post and thought I'd attempt to share my knowledge even though im still a n00b lawl ^^
Ryuzaki is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 21:39   #576
K.O.Kiki
Registered User
 
K.O.Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9,351
Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.
K.O.Kiki is offline  
16-03-2012, 22:51   #577
deathrider
Registered User
 
deathrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Galway
Posts: 3,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post
Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.
Hmmm, disaaaaaaaaaster. The FS3 (which I use for the MK tournaments, is really giving me a pain in the butt. Not to worry, lads. Cheers for the info.
deathrider is offline  
17-03-2012, 01:15   #578
K.O.Kiki
Registered User
 
K.O.Kiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9,351
With minimal soldering skills, you can also replace the microswitches.

MS-O-3R from AkihabaraShop.jp will work, as would the 75g Cherry button.
K.O.Kiki is offline  
19-03-2012, 02:28   #579
deathrider
Registered User
 
deathrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Galway
Posts: 3,648
Dead on. Cheers, man.
deathrider is offline  
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 02:48   #580
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CILL DARA
Posts: 6,900
BARGAIN ALERT LADS...

game are selling the soul caliber 5 tournament edition fightstick for 125 euro down from 190....

get them while you can....
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
24-03-2012, 04:39   #581
Darachnid
Registered User
 
Darachnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dublin, Training Stage.
Posts: 116
I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.
Darachnid is offline  
Thanks from:
24-03-2012, 13:16   #582
DARK-KNIGHT
Registered User
 
DARK-KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CILL DARA
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darachnid View Post
I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.
Stay off the acid son
DARK-KNIGHT is offline  
27-03-2012, 17:50   #583
UberPrinny_Baal
Registered User
 
UberPrinny_Baal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin, Exciting Street Scene
Posts: 2,638
Dunno if we want to bump this as a general bargain alert topic but:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/m...oday-xbox-360/

1942: Joint Strike, Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2, Final Fight™ Double Impact, Flock!, Rocketmen™: Axis of Evil including Rocketmen™: It Came From Uranus expansion, Super Puzzle Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, and Wolf of the Battlefield™: Commando 3.

TL;DR: HDR as a disc release, plus other stuff
UberPrinny_Baal is offline  
Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 18:33   #584
Darachnid
Registered User
 
Darachnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dublin, Training Stage.
Posts: 116
Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?
Darachnid is offline  
27-03-2012, 20:30   #585
UberPrinny_Baal
Registered User
 
UberPrinny_Baal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin, Exciting Street Scene
Posts: 2,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darachnid View Post
Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?
You make a compelling point.

We should let this topic die or request it be closed.
UberPrinny_Baal is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet