Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE*** - Page 39 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-03-2012, 15:40   #571
Dreddybajs

Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 17:11   #572
Ryuzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
I'm looking for a 4-way gate (I think) for a FS3, but I know somewhere between very littl, and absolutely nothing about such things. Is there any particular type, or website you'd recommend?
Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well
16-03-2012, 17:31   #573
K.O.Kiki

Paewang is available for cheaper as the Datel Arcade Pro on Amazon.

And it is not 4-way, it is 8-way SQUARE.
Personally, I like the button layout, but the quality of parts is sub-par & should be replaced ASAP.

deathrider, is it possible you wanted an OCTO gate?
16-03-2012, 17:31   #574
deathrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddybajs View Post
Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).
Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well
FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.
16-03-2012, 17:45   #575
Ryuzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.
Ah, Sincere apologies. I misread horribly. I usually don't do this stuff but I saw the post and thought I'd attempt to share my knowledge even though im still a n00b lawl ^^
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 21:39   #576
K.O.Kiki

Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.
16-03-2012, 22:51   #577
deathrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post
Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.
Hmmm, disaaaaaaaaaster. The FS3 (which I use for the MK tournaments, is really giving me a pain in the butt. Not to worry, lads. Cheers for the info.
17-03-2012, 01:15   #578
K.O.Kiki

With minimal soldering skills, you can also replace the microswitches.

MS-O-3R from AkihabaraShop.jp will work, as would the 75g Cherry button.
19-03-2012, 02:28   #579
deathrider

Dead on. Cheers, man.
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 02:48   #580
DARK-KNIGHT

BARGAIN ALERT LADS...

game are selling the soul caliber 5 tournament edition fightstick for 125 euro down from 190....

get them while you can....
24-03-2012, 04:39   #581
Darachnid

I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.
Thanks from:
24-03-2012, 13:16   #582
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darachnid View Post
I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.
Stay off the acid son
27-03-2012, 17:50   #583
UberPrinny_Baal

Dunno if we want to bump this as a general bargain alert topic but:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/m...oday-xbox-360/

1942: Joint Strike, Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2, Final Fight™ Double Impact, Flock!, Rocketmen™: Axis of Evil including Rocketmen™: It Came From Uranus expansion, Super Puzzle Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, and Wolf of the Battlefield™: Commando 3.

TL;DR: HDR as a disc release, plus other stuff
Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 18:33   #584
Darachnid

Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?
27-03-2012, 20:30   #585
UberPrinny_Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darachnid View Post
Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?
You make a compelling point.

We should let this topic die or request it be closed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion