Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-09-2010, 15:11   #31
Fratton Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
You could say it. You'd be entirely wrong, but yes, you could indeed say it.
why?

Maybe you would like to give us the complete history of Palestine from 1917 to 1948?
Advertisement
23-09-2010, 15:15   #32
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratton Fred View Post
I could say the same, your posts are a very simplistic view of a very complex period of history.
I was just pointing out one of the many details that you left out actually. My post wasn't intended to be anything beyond that.

Now you can certainly claim that other people history is simplisitc, but I would very much disagree, as the Zionist version has long since been shown to be inaccurate, and very often by Israeli historians.
23-09-2010, 15:16   #33
wes

Quote:
why?

Maybe you would like to give us the complete history of Palestine from 1917 to 1948?
Zionists started arriving in the late 1800's so we would need start earlier than 1917.
23-09-2010, 15:16   #34
Mr Benevolent
Closed Account

Quote:
why?

People always have excuses for the Israelis.
Thanks from:
23-09-2010, 15:19   #35
PeterIanStaker
Closed Account

This report achieves nothing in real life. In some reverse - psychology way it reinforces the status quo.
Advertisement
23-09-2010, 15:26   #36
amacachi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianthebard View Post
You have zero credibility on the topic of Israel. Its ok to kill people cause that's what Israel does, that's the best defence you can come up with? ffs.
Drive past my house and I'll shoot you. You've had a fair warning, not my problem.
23-09-2010, 15:37   #37
Fratton Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Zionists started arriving in the late 1800's so we would need start earlier than 1917.
I mentioned 1917 as that was when the Balfour declaration was made.

I understand as well that there may have been a few Jews kicking around that region as long as 3000 years ago as well, until they were expelled over a period of time by different factions, starting with the Romans.
23-09-2010, 15:44   #38
brianthebard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
Drive past my house and I'll shoot you. You've had a fair warning, not my problem.
But my house is right beside yours and I have to go past it to get to work!
23-09-2010, 15:44   #39
Sticky_Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
Sure, enjoy the anonymity afforded to you by the internet and give it your best shot.

Mention my family and I'm not a very rational person.. Like yourself, I'm just making a point.
Of course just like the Israeli reaction yours is not in the least bit psychotic and no court in the land would ever convict you since you acted completely rationally and had ample justification for taking it, just making a point. You and Israel make perfect bedfellows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
In regards to attacking Israel, attempting to sail floatillas through a blockade, border incursions etc etc - everyone know's that Israel will respond with brutal and disproportionate force & thats the price for attacking Israel.
Sorry to bust your bubble but if Isreal wants to be taken seriously and not held in the contempt that its actions show that it deserves its got to start playing by the rules. Just because Hamas are murdering scumbags doesn't give Israel the right to be, they want to play dirty then the international community has the right and the duty to treat them like the turds they are acting like. It is people who are making weak tea excuses for them (sound familiar Makikomi) who are enabling states to literally get away with murder. Oh and if I recall there were no arms found on the aid ships apart from some pathetic looking tools scared up by the IDF to justify their actions so your assertion that the members of the flotilla were attacking Israel is complete Glen Beck fantasy.

Quote:
Someday, like happened here in Ireland, there'll me a meeting of moderates. Peace will decend upon the region and everyone will look back and say "WTF was that all about".
And does your justifaction of the raid on the flotilla bring this day any closer. Do you accept that Israel screwed up because if Israel and its apologists like you cannot see fault in your own actions then how can your expect your opponents to see fault in theirs, without which no common ground can be reached.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-09-2010, 16:02   #40
wes

Quote:
I mentioned 1917 as that was when the Balfour declaration was made.
Zionists started arriving in the late 1800's. We can't exactly ignore how Zionists ended up in Mandate Palestine in 1917, it leaves out a rather major chunk of history, so once again you are being entirely too simplistic.

Quote:
I understand as well that there may have been a few Jews kicking around that region as long as 3000 years ago as well, until they were expelled over a period of time by different factions, starting with the Romans.
Yes, and the Palestinians are descendants of the Jews who were not expelled (as well as the various invaders, as inter-marriage occured), as per recent genetic evidence. Personally, I fail to see how a 3000 year old land claim should have any relevance in the here and now. Sure, can't we all claim to be African if we go back far enough.

Last edited by wes; 23-09-2010 at 16:07.
(2) thanks from:
23-09-2010, 16:07   #41
--Kaiser--

This is the raid on the flotilla trying the break the Gaza blockade?
Where Israel said it would allow the flotilla in, as long as they could inspect the ships (obviously to ensure no weapons were being transported)?

The people on the ships refused to have their ships inspected . When the Israeli soldiers initially landed (without deadly weapons I might add) they were brutally beaten and kidnapped, thus provoking Israels reaction.

I think Israel were well within their rights to try to protect their country, if these individuals on the flotilla were as innocent as people think they would not have attacked Israeli soldiers and would not be dead.
Thanks from:
23-09-2010, 16:10   #42
Snakeblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Kaiser-- View Post
Where Israel said it would allow the flotilla in, as long as they could inspect the ships (obviously to ensure no weapons were being transported)?

The people on the ships refused to have their ships inspected . When the Israeli soldiers initially landed (without deadly weapons I might add) they were brutally beaten and kidnapped, thus provoking Israels reaction.

I think Israel were well within their rights to try to protect their country, if these individuals on the flotilla were as innocent as people think they would not have attacked Israeli soldiers and would not be dead.
International waters. Israel can inspect boats that are in its waters, outside, it can suck a lemon.
(4) thanks from:
23-09-2010, 16:11   #43
wes

Quote:
Which is a illegal act of collective punishment of 1.5 million people.

Quote:

The IDF had no right to board the boat in International waters. The IDF are the ones who attacked first, and the people on the boat were defending themselves from the IDF who had no business on there boat.

Secondly, the whole point of the Floatilla was to get in stuff that Israel banned e.g. stuff like Pasta at one point, so letting Israel inspect it would defeat the purpose as they wouldn't let in essential supplies.

Quote:
Ah yes, blame the victims...... Good to see that supporters of Israel not only refuse to condemn there actions, they actively come up with excuses. Good job making Israel looking worse and worse.

Last edited by wes; 23-09-2010 at 16:13.
(2) thanks from:
23-09-2010, 16:17   #44
--Kaiser--

The flotilla was heading towards Gaza, whether or not it was in international waters or not. They were well aware that they would be boarded too.

If you are on a supposedly peaceful mission with humanitarian aid and get boarded by Israeli soldiers (who already have a futhless reputation) do you;

a) put your hands up, act indignant but co-operate
b) start beating the soldiers with iron bars and handcuff them downstairs.

Those guys were out to cause trouble and they succeeded.

How essential is pasta exactly?
23-09-2010, 16:23   #45
Sticky_Fingers

Quote:

How essential is pasta exactly?
Pretty bloody essential if your living in a hovel where your house once stood before some d!ckhead put a tank shell through it.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion