"The Origin of Specious Nonsense" - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-09-2010, 23:41   #91
robindch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicknight View Post
I've watched the Youtube videos. His argument against us descending from apes is "Have you ever tried living in a tree?" and his argument against us descending from the ocenas is "Sit in a bath for a few hours"
Here's Mr May explaining some of his views:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr May
They also say <krrgggh, krrggghhh> we came out of the sea. Eh? Came out of the sea? If you lie in your bath for nine hours, your skin is so wrinkled you're it's it's it's not hardly recognizable. Yet a baby can be in a womb nine months in liquid without drowning and when it's born it's not particularly wrinkled.
Therefore god exists.

More from this wonderfully original thinker here:

Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2010, 23:51   #92
Ush1

After watching that video I've gone from anger to thinking this is a joke. It has to be.
Thanks from:
13-09-2010, 23:52   #93
Turtwig
Censoring your opinion since you posted

One thing has been bugging me since this thread's inception (brilliant move btw), is there any chance our beloved John could also be our beloved JC?
13-09-2010, 23:53   #94
amacachi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ush1 View Post
Just talking about that article in the Indo from last year.

http://groups.google.com/group/talk....e8b3bdd1c99361
Oh sweet ****ing Jesus, between that and his ramblings about transport I wonder if there's anything he isn't completely ignorant of. I saw him on Reeling in the Years speaking at some student rally back in the day so I assume there must be something he has a clue about.
13-09-2010, 23:59   #95
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malty_T View Post
One thing has been bugging me since this thread's inception (brilliant move btw), is there any chance our beloved John could also be our beloved JC?
This is a truly stupendous thought. Those of ye who have had the patience to endure Captain Capslock's posting style must start reviewing the book exerpts and see if it truly is he.

Also I said I wasn't going to tell 4chan, but that doesn't mean I didn't tell somethingawful.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 00:02   #96
robindch

Quote:
This occurred to me also, but somebody matching JC's description showed up at a meeting in the Science Gallery in Dublin last year and Mr May doesn't resemble him all that much.

I think that JC uses those initials for a very specific religious reason.
14-09-2010, 00:02   #97
mohawk

Oh Dear. That video was something else . He actually believes what he is saying. He really believes he is forming a scientific argument.
14-09-2010, 00:04   #98
PDN
Closed Account

Quote:
That would be entertaining, but very unlikely. This guy's spiritual beliefs are pretty far removed from JC's. Let's just say he's the kind of guy who would be more at home in the Spirituality Forum than in the Christianity Forum.

Great advertising for a self-published book written by someone no-one's ever heard of. The guy should be in PR.
14-09-2010, 00:05   #99
Dave!

Oh my god, this is fvckin excruciating to see, I'm squirming around in my seat as I read on

Please don't let this sh!te take hold in Ireland, it's gonna be painful enough going back

BTW please do not post John Waters' response to this -- I could not possibly take it !
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 00:07   #100
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDN View Post
Great advertising for a self-published book written by someone no-one's ever heard of. The guy should be in PR.
That is a horrible down side to this. Ideally this should be ignored completely, but a Minister is acting very innopropriately so at least all the media attention is bad attention at the moment. Obviously he will sell more books, just hopefully not very many in total.
14-09-2010, 00:08   #101
mohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave! View Post

Please don't let this sh!te take hold in Ireland, it's gonna be painful enough going back

!
The thought of that makes me want to cry. Even imagining the possibility is horrific
14-09-2010, 00:09   #102
amacachi
Closed Account

It's worth an idiot getting a few minutes of fame and a little cash (looks like he's not massively short on it to begin with) to rightly put a Government Minister to shame.
(3) thanks from:
14-09-2010, 00:11   #103
mohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
That is a horrible down side to this. Ideally this should be ignored completely, but a Minister is acting very innopropriately so at least all the media attention is bad attention at the moment. Obviously he will sell more books, just hopefully not very many in total.
What if some of the people who read it actually believe what he says?
14-09-2010, 00:13   #104
mackerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
What if some of the people who read it actually believe what he says?
Find them and do them a great deal on O'Connell Bridge.
Thanks from:
14-09-2010, 00:16   #105
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave! View Post
John Waters
Ugh
Thread Closed