"The Origin of Specious Nonsense" - Page 562 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

09-03-2012, 18:23   #8416
J C

Quote:
Originally Posted by koth View Post
The diagram in the linked wiki is my understanding of apes

So, is that wrong? I'm asking because this is getting very confusing as to what the term ape actually means.
... Evolutionists seem to have this problem with plain English allright ... they seem to take several meanings from the word Ape ... and they also seem to have a myriad of meanings for the word 'evolution' !!!
... no wonder they are so confused about everything to do with Evolution!!!
... and they don't know their Ape from their elbow ... or their science from their faith!!!
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 18:31   #8417
Doctor Jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C View Post
... Evolutionists seem to have this problem with plain English allright ... they seem to take several meanings from the word Ape ... and they also seem to have a myriad of meanings for the word 'evolution' !!!
... no wonder they are so confused about everything to do with Evolution!!!
... and they don't know their Ape from their elbow ... or their science from their faith!!!
This coming from the person who's avoided defining CFSI for the last several hundred pages?
(3) thanks from:
09-03-2012, 18:38   #8418
dlofnep
Closed Account

Quote:
Ah come on lads ... make up your minds ... are Humans Apes or not?
Our minds are made up - Koth was unsure about the classification, I corrected them on it. I don't remember Koth pretending to be a scientist, unlike you J C. It is ok for them to be wrong, and accept a correction.

Quote:
If Evolutionists can't even make up their minds on this simple issue ... it's no wonder that they are so confused about everything else in the W2M Evolution Fairytale!!!
Drop the childish rhetoric. The whole scientific community accepts Humans as part of the great ape family.

Quote:
I'll take you out of your misery ... and tell you who is right.
Koth is correct ... we are not apes.
That is incorrect. We are apes. Great apes who share a common ancestor with all apes, lesser included. That is a scientific fact.

Quote:
He correctly pointed out that Apes don't have thumbs, walk upright or speak English, Spanish, German etc ... and they aren't interfertile with Humans either ... so leave that Ape alone!!!

... and don't sexually assault the Gorilla either!!!
You resort to being childish when you can't actually conjure up a sensible argument. Apes do in fact have thumbs. They just don't have the same dexterity as humans.

What's this? Oh look, a gorilla with a thumb!

One would not expect all apes to have speech, nor does evolution predict that. Speech is something that evolved in the Homo genus, and therefore - any ancestor prior to the first speaking member of the Homo genus would not expect to have speech.

Thirdly - Why on earth would they be inter-fertile with humans? Humans deviated from the closest ape (chimp) 7 million years ago. It is not expected for them to be inter-fertile. Clearly your poor grasp of biology continues. Do you think a Chimp and an Orangutan could procreate also? I mean, they are both apes and should be according to your logic.
(4) thanks from:
09-03-2012, 18:38   #8419
SW
Join the Dark Side. We have coffee!

Send a message via MSN to SW Send a message via Skype™ to SW
Just to clear things up, JC, humans are apes. dlofnep and odrnwisr cleared up my confusion.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 18:39   #8420
J C

Koth and dlofnep are confused about whether we are Apes or not ... and Robin flip-flopped on the issue:-
Initially he joined koth in criticising me for believing that Humans are Apes when I was an Evolutionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by koth
How the hell did you get any (Evolutionist) accrediation if you didn't know that basic fact [B
(that we are not Apes) [/B]?

robindch;77484975]By going to a creationist diploma-mill?
... and then he flip-flopped ... and criticised me for not now believing that Humans are Apes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C
It's even more shocking that guys with third level education believe Humans are Apes!!!

Shocking to a creationist perhaps, but I think that's probably ok with most people here.
dlofnep talk to Koth ... and Robin talk to yourself ... and when ye have worked out whether ye believe yourselves to be Apes or not ... come back and tell the rest of us!!!
... I can hardly wait!!!

Last edited by J C; 09-03-2012 at 18:58.
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 18:43   #8421
MrPudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieC View Post
We are great apes.
No. We are awesome apes.

MrP
(4) thanks from:
09-03-2012, 18:47   #8422
dlofnep
Closed Account

J C, I have responded to your childish questions in full. I have no need to repeat them. Humans are apes, this is a biological fact - supported by DNA. Something you're going to have to deal with I'm afraid.
09-03-2012, 18:48   #8423
MrPudding

Quote:
Koth and dlofnep are confused about whether we are Apes or not ... and Robin flip-flopped on the issue:-
Initially he joined koth in criticising me for believing that Humans are Apes when I was an Evolutionist

... and then he flip-flopped ... and criticised me for not now believing that Humans are Apes.

Originally Posted by J C
It's even more shocking that guys with third level education believe Humans are Apes!!!

Shocking to a creationist perhaps, but I think that's probably ok with most people here. talk to Koth ... and Robin talk to yourself ... and when ye have worked out whether ye believe yourselves to be Apes or not ... come bak and tell the rest of us!!!
... I can hardly wait!!!
I love the way you try to paint this as bad. See, this is one of the reasons I think you are lying about your background. Koth had a view, he was presented with evidence that showed him that view was incorrect. He assessed that information and his position and came to the correct conclusion that his original position was correct.

Instead of critisicing and making terrible attempts at mocking you should actually look at what he did and try to apply it to the retarded bullsh1t you believe.

MrP

Last edited by MrPudding; 09-03-2012 at 18:51.
09-03-2012, 18:54   #8424
J C

Quote:
Originally Posted by koth View Post
Just to clear things up, JC, humans are apes. dlofnep and odrnwisr cleared up my confusion.
You remind of an old lady I one met who said that when she was confused about anything she always consulted her local clergyman ... so I guess dlofnep and odrnwisr is the equivalent of your clergymen.

... and I was correct when I said that when I was an Evolutionist, that I (erroneously) believed that I was an Ape ... and I'm also correct now in my contention that Humans are clearly not Apes.

Last edited by J C; 09-03-2012 at 19:07.
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 18:56   #8425
J C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieC
We are great apes.

MrPudding
No. We are awesome apes.

MrP
Is this a case of becoming what you believe, I wonder???

Last edited by J C; 09-03-2012 at 23:55.
09-03-2012, 18:57   #8426
dlofnep
Closed Account

J C, less of the red herrings - and address your lack of knowledge on basic biology.
09-03-2012, 19:02   #8427
SW
Join the Dark Side. We have coffee!

Send a message via MSN to SW Send a message via Skype™ to SW
Quote:
You remind of an old lady I one met who said that when she was confused about anything she always consulted her local clergyman ... so I guess dlofnep and odrnwisr is the equivalent of your clergymen.

... and I was correct when I said that when I was and Evolutionist that I (erroneously) believed that I was an Ape ... and I'm also correct now in my contention that Humans are clearly not Apes.
I never claimed to be a scientist. dlofnep and odrnwisr were kind enough to educate me about the use of the term of ape in science. I'm willing to admit I was wrong due to the evidence provided. If you see that as something wrong, so be it, no skin off my nose.
09-03-2012, 19:03   #8428
J C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPudding View Post
I love the way you try to paint this as bad. See, this is one of the reasons I think you are lying about your background. Koth had a view, he was presented with evidence that showed him that view was incorrect. He assessed that information and his position and came to the correct conclusion that his original position was correct.
... he told us that "dlofnep and odrnwisr were kind enough to educate" him about the issue ... and he promptly flip-flopped ... sounds like the old lady and her clergyman to me!!!
Do ye guys have minds of your own at all ... at all??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPudding View Post
Instead of critisicing and making terrible attempts at mocking you should actually look at what he did and try to apply it to the retarded bullsh1t you believe.
MrP
Says the guy who believes that his great ... great ... granny was a Worm!!!

... or are you going to deny this ... only to flip-flop and then tell us that you believe it ... after consulting your local Evolutionist 'Pastor'!!!

Last edited by J C; 09-03-2012 at 23:56.
09-03-2012, 19:22   #8429
joseph brand

Quote:
... he told us that "dlofnep and odrnwisr were kind enough to educate" him about the issue ... and he promptly flip-flopped ... sounds like the old lady and her clergyman to me!!!
Do ye guys have minds of your own at all ... at all??

Says the guy who believes that his great ... great ... granny was a Worm!!!

... or are you going to deny this ... only to flip-flop and then tell us that you believe it ... after consulting your local Atheist 'Pastor'!!!
I'm still confused as to why anyone* replies to your posts. (you receive a lot of well thought out responses in plain English, only to reply with silly gibberish, covered in smilies). Seriously, what are you on about?

*Look at me, I'm replying too.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 20:14   #8430
Doctor Jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph brand View Post
I'm still confused as to why anyone* replies to your posts. (you receive a lot of well thought out responses in plain English, only to reply with silly gibberish, covered in smilies). Seriously, what are you on about?

*Look at me, I'm replying too.
I can only answer for myself, but at this stage its mostly for entertainment purposes.

Edit: And occasionally because he says something so spectacularly wrong, I feel the need to correct it in case someone actually thinks he has a point.

Last edited by Doctor Jimbob; 09-03-2012 at 20:35.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed