Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-09-2010, 20:57   #1
Gumbi

MMA in Limerick

Hi, I am 17 years old (18 in 2 months) and have been training in a JiuJitsu based self defense system for the past 6 years. I want to keep training in that club, but I am also thinking of starting MMA for maybe once a week. (I already train 3 or 4 nights a week).

Is there an MMA club in Limerick and am I old enough to compete properly? (iefull contact, kicks puches, grapple + ground, no headgear) (I already train in my own club like this but I'd like to do it more often and competitively.) I assume it's weight-based... ?

Thanks.
Advertisement
10-09-2010, 22:02   #2
Liam_B

Combat Sports Center - Think your in luck , as they are enrolling for Beginners at the moment.

www.combatsportscentre.com
10-09-2010, 22:04   #3
Liam_B

Here's the link to Post they had about the Beginners Course.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056014485
10-09-2010, 22:41   #4
Richy06

Great club too, very welcoming.
10-09-2010, 22:45   #5
Gumbi

Thanks guys. I was aware of this one already - Ger Healy runs it? I am very interested, even though UL is on the other side of town Any thoughts on the competitive side ie am I too young yet to compete in full contact?
Advertisement
11-09-2010, 09:12   #6
SuperWoody101

Combat Sport Center

Unit B7, Corcanree Business Park. Dock Road, Limerick.

Headed by trainers Ger Healy and Fergal Quinlan, the Combat Sports Centre in Limerick offers superior instruction for men and women, a comfortable atmosphere for both newcomers and those already experienced, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best practitioners in Ireland. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and MMA classes are available for those who want a well rounded arsenal for competition or self defense. Ladies only fitness classes are also offered at the Combat Sports Centre.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6720667&ref=ts
Email: combat.sports.center@gmail.com
Phone: +353 (0) 861975043 (Irish number)

........................................................................................................

Pankration Kickboxing Academy

Unit C2, Eastway Business Park. Ballysimon Road, Limerick.

Co-Owners Dermot McGrath and Catherine have both been working for the past 16 years to have a gym of this calibre and quality of instruction in Ireland. And now finally they can offer you the very best in facilities, age appropriate programs, adult beginner and advanced classes in Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts. It’s taken a lot of hard work to get to this but this is the core of there teaching beliefs which they instil in all students who enter there doors.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pankra...16489405057445
Email: info@DermotMcGrath.com
Phone: +353 (0) 86312933 (Irish number)
11-09-2010, 10:38   #7
Ger Healy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
Thanks guys. I was aware of this one already - Ger Healy runs it? I am very interested, even though UL is on the other side of town Any thoughts on the competitive side ie am I too young yet to compete in full contact?
Some promoters do host teen mma fights with modified rule
And most bjj event now has a teen division section in them.

Last edited by Ger Healy; 11-09-2010 at 10:43.
11-09-2010, 11:55   #8
Gumbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Healy View Post
Some promoters do host teen mma fights with modified rule
And most bjj event now has a teen division section in them.
Cool, thanks. I'll be 18 soon anyway so I suppose I'll be old enough then; basically I'd just like to have more experience in actual fighting.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion