Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-08-2010, 20:58   #1
ET_phone_home

Dishwasher Problem

I (well Other half's Father) have a Hotpoint Aquarius fdw20 which is not heating the water or drying the dishes. It has being doing this for a while now. It is hooked up to the hot and cold water as far as I know so they have being heating the water to get it working. Sometimes when it is put on it acts a little strange i.e. it takes a lot longer than normal to do a cycle or it skips straight from pre-wash to rinse and sometimes when it is set to reset it wont reset unless it is turned off for 5 mins.
Advertisement
24-08-2010, 20:48   #2
UrbanSea
Closed Account

The problem about the water not heating sounds like a definite problem with the heating element.The other problems could be the switch board of some kind,not sure though.
When you say that it's a hot and cold feed I take it it's fairly old?
24-08-2010, 20:51   #3
ET_phone_home

Quote:
Originally Posted by greetings View Post
The problem about the water not heating sounds like a definite problem with the heating element.The other problems could be the switch board of some kind,not sure though.
When you say that it's a hot and cold feed I take it it's fairly old?
As I say its not my dishwasher but as far as I know its only about 4 or 5 years old. It cant be much older judging by the looks of it.
26-08-2010, 19:11   #4
ET_phone_home

Can anyone recommend a good reasonable repairman in South Dublin?
27-08-2010, 16:56   #5
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Ring up the retailer where he bought it and ask them to give you a number of someone that they use. Don't bother getting Hotpoint themselves,114e for the callout.
Advertisement
12-01-2011, 14:50   #6
JCJCJC

I have the same problem, a Hotpoint FDW20 that isn't heating the water. I've bought and fitted a new heating element as a first step - no luck. What should I look at next? I'm reasonably good and experienced at machinery and electrical repairs etc and have all the tools and gear.

JC
12-01-2011, 14:58   #7
ET_phone_home

A guy from here who fixes dishwashers was supposed to come out and have a look at it but he was a no show. I think he said it could possibly be a blown relay on the pcb. I still have not got mine fixed.
13-01-2011, 09:51   #8
JCJCJC

Hotpoint FDW = Faulty Dish Washer

I think I have found what's wrong with my one. I opened up the top panel of the door, and found that one corner of the circuit board seems to have gotten hot and partly fried itself. There are two thick wires attached there, which are probably going to the heater. A newe circuit board should solve it, I'll find out tomorrow what that costs and decide if it's worth replacing the board.

Link to part in the UK.

Last edited by JCJCJC; 13-01-2011 at 12:42. Reason: added part link
13-01-2011, 17:14   #9
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJCJC View Post
I have the same problem, a Hotpoint FDW20 that isn't heating the water. I've bought and fitted a new heating element as a first step - no luck. What should I look at next? I'm reasonably good and experienced at machinery and electrical repairs etc and have all the tools and gear.

JC
How old is yours?
Advertisement
13-01-2011, 17:16   #10
JCJCJC

Quote:
How old is yours?
three to four years old, used probably twice a day.
13-01-2011, 17:17   #11
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJCJC View Post
three to four years old, used probably twice a day.
Then don't order the part online. It'll be cheaper to put a call through to Hotpoint. You'll be charged 114 or 109 if you pay with a credit or debit card but all parts are covered and they'll gaurantee the whole machine for another 3 months. Free parts so you'll have the new part and it installed for cheaper than buying it online.
13-01-2011, 17:50   #12
JCJCJC

Quote:
Then don't order the part online. It'll be cheaper to put a call through to Hotpoint. You'll be charged 114 or 109 if you pay with a credit or debit card but all parts are covered and they'll gaurantee the whole machine for another 3 months. Free parts so you'll have the new part and it installed for cheaper than buying it online.
Thanks - I'll try it. What age is the cut-off point?
13-01-2011, 21:10   #13
UrbanSea
Closed Account

5 year on the parts gaurantee.
14-01-2011, 00:02   #14
icanhelp

Hotpoint FDW20 should be less than 5 years and parts should covered under warranty.

Contact Hotpoint on 0818 313 413.
14-01-2011, 23:37   #15
chessguy

Hotpoint FDW20 Guarantee

greetings you wrote

"Then don't order the part online. It'll be cheaper to put a call through to Hotpoint. You'll be charged 114 or 109 if you pay with a credit or debit card but all parts are covered and they'll gaurantee the whole machine for another 3 months. Free parts so you'll have the new part and it installed for cheaper than buying it online

is the charge 109 a fixed charge for any part including labour etc and does this include multi parts if required ,,

you mention 5 years on the parts guarantee what is that i thought they only came with a 1 year guarantee

i can you mention
Hotpoint FDW20 should be less than 5 years and parts should covered under warranty.

Contact Hotpoint on 0818 313 413.

you mention 5 years on the parts guarantee what is that i thought they only came with a 1 year guarante

could you guys clarify thanks chessguy

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion