Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread - Page 185 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Looking Forward To It?
Yes 121 62.37%
No 38 19.59%
Windows is for PC not for phone! 21 10.82%
Whats Windows Phone 7? 14 7.22%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

01-03-2012, 23:58   #2761
AntiVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-b0n3 View Post
Unless I'm missing something the DLL link isn't working. Just wondering do you have that DLL I remember you flashed your phone with the open eu firmware ages ago. Or is the an alternative link?

Quite scared and confused doing this haha. Hope it all goes well.
I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if I don't have it I'll find it. Its not the easiest thing in the world to do but it does work. I'll refresh my memory in the office tomorrow.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 00:00   #2762
AntiVirus

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something the DLL link isn't working. Just wondering do you have that DLL I remember you flashed your phone with the open eu firmware ages ago. Or is the an alternative link?

Quite scared and confused doing this haha. Hope it all goes well.
I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if I don't have it I'll find it. Its not the easiest thing in the world to do but it does work. I'll refresh my memory in the office tomorrow
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 00:18   #2763
T-b0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiVirus View Post
I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm pretty sure if I don't have it I'll find it. Its not the easiest thing in the world to do but it does work. I'll refresh my memory in the office tomorrow
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
02-03-2012, 07:50   #2764
chrislad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislad View Post
Anyone have issues syncing the Lumia 800 with Zune? Keeps telling me to disconnect and reconnect the phone. Seems to be a common issue with Windows 7 but can't seem to find a solution.
On this note, I fixed the issue by using a different make of microUSB cable (specifically my Kindle one). Weird as I had tried two different Nokia MicroUSB cables on two different PCs.
02-03-2012, 10:30   #2765
AntiVirus

Quote:
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
check your PM's for my link to the file.
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 12:51   #2766
Odaise Gaelach

Apparently, allegedly, Tango is coming out in April.

Microsoft have also identified about 5% of apps that won't work on phones with less than 256MB of RAM, and they're getting in touch with developers to let them know. Which is quite cool of them - the more time developers can have to ensure their apps work, the better!
02-03-2012, 15:33   #2767
AntiVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odaise Gaelach View Post
Apparently, allegedly, Tango is coming out in April.

Microsoft have also identified about 5% of apps that won't work on phones with less than 256MB of RAM, and they're getting in touch with developers to let them know. Which is quite cool of them - the more time developers can have to ensure their apps work, the better!
Whats pretty good too is that Microsoft are going to help the developers get their apps to work with the new tango OS. They're confidant that 100% of apps can work with tango too. Good to hear!
04-03-2012, 15:31   #2768
Do-more

I've had a chance to use the Skype app a bit more, both on wifi and data connections and I've found the call quality excellent with both.

It will be great when it is fully integrated so that you can sign in and leave it running in the background, it's a pain at present that you are only signed in when in the app and you can't multi task. I didn't realise that the first time and tried to answer a text message whilst on a skype call and got dropped.
04-03-2012, 17:18   #2769
gman2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-more View Post
I've had a chance to use the Skype app a bit more, both on wifi and data connections and I've found the call quality excellent with both.

It will be great when it is fully integrated so that you can sign in and leave it running in the background, it's a pain at present that you are only signed in when in the app and you can't multi task. I didn't realise that the first time and tried to answer a text message whilst on a skype call and got dropped.
It appears that Skype will not be integrated into the OS, but will be a standalone app, even at the Apollo stage.
Advertisement
04-03-2012, 18:32   #2770
AntiVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2k View Post
It appears that Skype will not be integrated into the OS, but will be a standalone app, even at the Apollo stage.
I'm interested to know where you picked this up from? Considering the leak confirmed an app would be released first and integration would be built into Apollo. So far the leak has been correct about this and other previously unknown Apollo details.
Thanks from:
04-03-2012, 20:02   #2771
gman2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiVirus View Post
I'm interested to know where you picked this up from? Considering the leak confirmed an app would be released first and integration would be built into Apollo. So far the leak has been correct about this and other previously unknown Apollo details.
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/...ure-list/11802

"A separate but improved Skype application, but not integration of Skype into the operating system"
04-03-2012, 21:09   #2772
AntiVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2k View Post
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/...ure-list/11802

"A separate but improved Skype application, but not integration of Skype into the operating system"
There will be a separate skype app that hooks into the os alright but there is no mention that there will be no integration. This is something that they added to that report themselves, which you'll see if you read the links where they've got the information from.

There's a good reason why they will have a separate Skype app, and that reason is tango. There was always going to be a separate skype app, just like there is for facebook, twitter, etc..

EDIT: Just found the link with "Skype app. Still a separate but better app and not integrated into OS. Still optional."

Here's a clip from CES where Skype say they're working on integration with Microsoft on Windows Phone, xbox and on Lync which we know will all have skype integration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ldGb11XVG8

Last edited by AntiVirus; 04-03-2012 at 21:23.
05-03-2012, 10:42   #2773
moc63

Connection tiles

Hi
I got myself an nokia 800 over the weekend.This is my first windows phone so i am on a learning curve at the moment.Maybe i am missing something,but is there a tile connection for wifi etc,or do ineed to go to the market place.if so any suggestions to which one.
regards
moc63
05-03-2012, 10:55   #2774
DjFlin

Send a message via Skype™ to DjFlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by moc63 View Post
Hi
I got myself an nokia 800 over the weekend.This is my first windows phone so i am on a learning curve at the moment.Maybe i am missing something,but is there a tile connection for wifi etc,or do ineed to go to the market place.if so any suggestions to which one.
regards
moc63

You'll need this app from the marketplace:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...b-b897bff25a2c
(3) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 14:04   #2775
stevenmu

Excellent app, didn't know about that one, thanks.
Thread Closed